Banner MOD Not working with keyword

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
scottadam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Banner MOD Not working with keyword

Post by scottadam » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:57 pm

when i select display banner by keywords (SEARCH BY TAG) i get an error
see below...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/XXXXXXXXX/html/components/com_banners/models/banners.php on line 181

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/XXXXXXXXX/html/components/com_banners/models/banners.php on line 204

If i set search tag to no it works fine

I have set keywords on pages...
I have set keywords on banners.....

I need to get this TAG working any ideas thanks in advance..

oddersocks
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Banner MOD Not working with keyword

Post by oddersocks » Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Did you figure this out? I have precisely the same problem and just can't get to the bottom of it.

mwn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mwn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:55 am

Once Joomla debug is turned on, it appears to be a sql error introduced when search tags are activated:

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'cl.own_prefix' in 'where clause'
SQL=

Code: Select all

SELECT a.id as id,a.type as type,a.name as name,a.clickurl as clickurl,a.cid as cid,a.params as params,a.custombannercode as custombannercode,a.track_impressions as track_impressions FROM jos_banners as a WHERE a.state=1 AND (NOW() >= a.publish_up OR a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00') AND (NOW() <= a.publish_down OR a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00') AND (a.imptotal = 0 OR a.impmade <= a.imptotal) AND ((a.own_prefix=1 AND a.metakey_prefix=SUBSTRING('',1,LENGTH( a.metakey_prefix)) OR a.own_prefix=0 AND cl.own_prefix=1 AND cl.metakey_prefix=SUBSTRING('',1,LENGTH(cl.metakey_prefix)) OR a.own_prefix=0 AND cl.own_prefix=0 AND 1) AND (a.metakey REGEXP '[[:<:]][[:>:]]' OR cat.metakey REGEXP '[[:<:]][[:>:]]')) ORDER BY a.sticky DESC,a.ordering

oddersocks
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by oddersocks » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:28 pm

so is there a solution?

HarmlessTrouble
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by HarmlessTrouble » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Getting a similar error on one server with the banner module when search by tag is enabled.
On a different server no errors display but no banners in this module either wile search by tag is on.

EDIT: While hunting for 1.6 or 1.7 documentation about the banner component and the module's "Search by Tag" feature. I had a read through of the joomla 1.5 wiki. Noticed the banner component's screenshot for Joomla 1.5 has a "Tag" field. This field seems to be missing in the basic installation of 1.7 (and probably 1.6. since this feature wasn't working either in my previous attempt with 1.6.)

guppyclo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by guppyclo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi,
I am trying to enable a banner ad to display on all pages of a certain category using "search via tag" in J1.6 but not having any luck. The system worked well when I tested it once with assigning tags to an article but has not worked after numerous attempts with assigning keyword tags to the category.

Has anybody had any luck with this one. Any help is much appreciated.

David

MegBlub
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MegBlub » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Got it working!! :)

You have to assign a Client to the Banner Module, then the error dissapears.

Meg

PS: All the !! and :) are cause I'm only working with Joomla for 2 days.

HarmlessTrouble
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by HarmlessTrouble » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Ah good. I'll try assigning the banners to a client and see if i can duplicate the solution.

My client has been dogging me for months over this glitch.

MegBlub
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MegBlub » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:42 pm

It sadly still doesn't work (there are no banners being displayed), but at least the error message disappears. If you get any further than that please let me know!

Meg

HarmlessTrouble
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by HarmlessTrouble » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Unconfirmed. I still get the same errors. even after setting a client to each banner item to be displayed. must be a situation dependent error. Otherwise you would think this problem would get more attention.

The problem seems to me to originate just before the query to the database just by the order of the errors.
so its a process of figuring out if its incorrect configuration or an actual flaw and then tracking the solution down.

Code: Select all

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in [**********]/www/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 305

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [**********]/www/components/com_banners/models/banners.php on line 182

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [**********]/www/components/com_banners/models/banners.php on line 205

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [**********]/www/modules/mod_banners/tmpl/default.php on line 21
I'll report back if i find anything worth mentioning.

Meanwhile i hope this inspires an Aha moment from anyone reading this who is more familiar with the banners module. :fingers crossed:

guppyclo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by guppyclo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 am

Hey Guys,

I found this issue which may be related. I don't have any technical skills so not sure what to make of it.

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=24855

good luck.

oakulm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by oakulm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:35 am

I'll check this out also. It would be nice to find a solution...
I provide Joomla! site building and technical help at http://www.drupaletti.fi

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”