subdomain component

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lbweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

subdomain component

Post by lbweb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:37 pm

A few months ago I had found a component that would be perfect for a site that I'm building and now I come back to find it missing and of course I can't remember the name of it.

Basically it allowed me to create subdomains and install joomla within those subdomains so that each subdomain had their own login to their site. The admin install could also share content and install modules/extensions/components from an admin panel into the subdomain sites.

I know that it was round $200 +/- for the component and I watched a video tour done by a guy with an east indian accent.

I know that there is JMS, but I don't think it does exactly what this component can do.

Can anyone save me? :(

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: subdomain component

Post by Webdongle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Subdomains are created by your Host not by Joomla. However there are extensions that allow connecting of multiple Joomla's http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... iple-sites
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

lbweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lbweb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

the component didn't create the subdomain itself. You would have to create the folder and setup the subdomain redirect manually through the control panel, but you could set the path in the component administration to the subdomain you created, setup an admin account for that subdomain and when you click on create site, it would install a copy of Joomla and any extensions/modules into that folder with the admin details previously specified. This would allow for each subdomain to have it's own login credentials but allow the main domain to share content and extensions to the subdomain installs.

I know that there is a section for multi-site extensions and I looked there, but it's not there anymore. I'm looking for this one in particular that is no longer in that category and hoping someone knows which one I'm trying to describe. I based my whole project bid on this one extension and I'm just afraid that JMS isn't going to cut it.

lbweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lbweb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:54 pm

I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!
It was JMS all along. Sorry, they must have refaced their product or something. I finally found that video tutorial that I remembered watching and it was on the JMS site.

If someone can delete this whole topic, they would make this forum a better place!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”