Solution for error: JTableMenu: :_getNode

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
L3B3R
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Solution for error: JTableMenu: :_getNode

Post by L3B3R » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:59 am

After copying the info in the database and changing to the correct name and prefix I get this error:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

I also tried the slbs.php but it says that "the problem was already solved." I rebuilt the menus but the error still occurs.

Lieven Borms
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lieven Borms » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:06 am

The “JTableMenu: _getNode” error occurs when there is a line missing. By executing the sql-query or the slbs.php file these line can’t be added to the database because it’s stil inside.
What you can do is delete the line with ‘id’ = 1 in the menu table and redo all the steps.

Kind regards

rjscott2005
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rjscott2005 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Worked perfectly for me when I used your php file in the root.
Thanks!
RJ
Atlanta, Georgia, US

solosan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by solosan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:51 am

Thanks so much for this. It was perfect.http://forum.joomla.org/posting.php?mod ... 928bb433e7#

mojito
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mojito » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:57 pm

I am unable to rebuild the menu I get an error ! An so my site is down :( so any help appreciated.
The error is 'Failed rebuilding Menu Items list' I should just click on the rebuild menu button right ?
This is from a SP Upgrade site from J1.5 to 1.7 I have a lot of menus and not sure if I want at this stage to delete all of them and start again. I did step one ok and the id=1 record exists in table_menu the lft=0 and so does the rft=0, how can I work out what they should be manually as rebuild wont work...

This upgrade has been a long 2 weeks and still it seems I'm not there. :(

Thanks for any help out there.
I am a freelance SEO (https://cambs.eu) web designer and developer working with Wordpress and Joomla since Mambo.

mojito
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mojito » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:43 pm

I was making changes to the wrong database ! It does work well, thanks Lieven Borms..a great kudos for you.
I am a freelance SEO (https://cambs.eu) web designer and developer working with Wordpress and Joomla since Mambo.

nate-ivy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nate-ivy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Long live Lieven Borms! slbs.php saved the day!

joomloo-000
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by joomloo-000 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 am

Can someone talk me through the 'root' folder?

I have downloaded the slbs.php but am not sure where to find the root folder for my site. This is the first time I have built a site (Joomla 1.7) and everything was going so well (a weeks work) until I tidied up the menu list and now I have the same problem. Have tried to find the root folder but can't locate it. I have C-Panel & PHPMy Admin, would someone mind taking me through the location of this in simple terms?

mojito
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mojito » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 am

the root folder 'should' be evident from the following structure, you will see the following folders and more (just do a quick check that you haven't got some nested folders the same if so then you will need some cleaning time.)
administrator
cache
components...

Normally hosts lock your ftp access down into the root but you might find that the root is found by looking in a folder like 'public_html' so don't assumer that when you log into ftp using your ftp client that you will see the root.
Can we ask why you are visiting this thread - did you get the error listed in the posts above ?

joomloo-000
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by joomloo-000 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:27 am

Thank you was I was having a brain block, it has been a frustrating day - with a good end! Appreciate your file it worked perfectly! Here's to the Guru!!!! I'd buy you a beer if you were here CHEERS

joomloo-000
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by joomloo-000 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Yes I got the exact same error, but have now fixed it by downloading the slb.php file provided and uploaded that tp my public HTML folder.

Very useful. Menu is working again,
Cheers

rw1
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by rw1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:35 am

Lieven Borms wrote:Because some people are struggling with the phpMyAdmin part. I simplified the first part of the solution.
Below you can find the renewed solution.

To solve this problem please enter the following two steps.
1. Add the missing record to the database
Unzip the file ‘slbs.zip’ (attached to this post)
Copy the file ‘slbs.php’ to the root of your domain
Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/slbs.php (replace ‘yourdomain.com’ with your real domain)
Now you can remove the ‘slbs.php’ file from the root

2. Rebuilding menus
Go to the administrator panel of joomla.
Menus --> MenuManager
Select all menus
Click on the button ‘Rebuild’
(By doing step two, the field ‘rgt’ in the just added record (step one) will get the appropriate value.)
This worked! Incredible! Thank You Very Much!!!!!!!

Edit: On 1.7.0 too!

c a g a t a y
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by c a g a t a y » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 am

It says:

#1146 - Table 'ctlyst.ctlyst_menu' doesn't exist

There is 'ctlyst_menu' table in my "ctlyst" DB

any idea?

After step 2 (rebuild) I got this error from Wamp

Code: Select all

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined method MenusModelItem::getMessage() in D:\wamp\www\catalyst\administrator\components\com_menus\controllers\menus.php on line 95
Call Stack
#	Time	Memory	Function	Location
1	0.0015	705096	{main}( )	..\index.php:0
2	0.1741	7480832	JAdministrator->dispatch( )	..\index.php:47
3	0.1839	7990304	JComponentHelper::renderComponent( )	..\application.php:153
4	0.1970	8081848	require_once( 'D:\wamp\www\catalyst\administrator\components\com_menus\menus.php' )	..\helper.php:156
5	0.2065	8555656	JController->execute( )	..\menus.php:23
6	0.2065	8555736	MenusControllerMenus->rebuild( )	..\controller.php:684

c a g a t a y
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by c a g a t a y » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:24 am

Lieven Borms wrote:Because some people are struggling with the phpMyAdmin part. I simplified the first part of the solution.

Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/slbs.php (replace ‘yourdomain.com’ with your real domain)

2. Rebuilding menus
Menus --> MenuManager
Select all menus
(By doing step two, the field ‘rgt’ in the just added record (step one) will get the appropriate value.)

Heyyoooo
It worked now...Thanks a lot Lieven Borms for your great job (it is great for me :))

tasteofkush
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tasteofkush » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 am

I have a clean install of Joomla 1.7.3 with JomSocial 2.2.2 and jReviews 2.3.15.209. Nothing in this project has worked correctly. If it's not a Joomla issue, it's jQuery issue or jReviews problem. I have yet to setup a single module, create a menu item or category without running into glitchy issues.

So....I find a new problem. I go into "Menu Manager" and create a new menu called "Hidden". The purpose for this is to add menu items and attach them to categories to make the URL string a bit more nice looking. Instead of random strings like, "......./blah/blah/los-angeles-county_c84/" it would, instead, show as, "/California/Los Angeles/"

I've attached an example of the error the shows. I've read a bunch of solutions, but they don't seem to apply to this exactly. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tokenring
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by tokenring » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:45 pm

I had same problem with more symptoms. You can see my thread HERE / 692049. Anyway, I did the following trick and I am now able to add items, move menus, rebuild and so on. I really appreciate it! Great thread. This is why Joomla ROCKS!

TokenRing

grixis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by grixis » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Go to www.yourdomain.com/slbs.php (replace ‘yourdomain.com’ with your real domain)

2. Rebuilding menus
Menus --> MenuManager
Select all menus
Thx!!!! I <3 u))))

nononcents
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nononcents » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:53 am

Worked for me as well! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Lieven. I think you deserve a promotion from apprentice.

My Situation. Joomla 2.5.0 Yoo Enterprise theme. Used jupgrade and it worked OK but menus weren't quite right. I think what had happened was it had created a "Main" menu which was ID1. I already had a Main menu so I had duplicate menu names. I deleted it as MY "Main" menu had my menu structure. And problems began. Lieven's solution fixed it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

didier L
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by didier L » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks a lot

I met this problem using Jupgrade ... And your solutions works !

A webmaster from France, near Paris
Didier L

Hille
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Hille » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Sweet man. Thanks for the script!

Tophe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Tophe » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Thank you Lieven,
Your solution fixed the issue for me in a J-2.5.1 migration using "SP Upgrade". :)

I hope you win a lottery.
ChrisTopher

pepecortez
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pepecortez » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks, worked great on J2.5.1 as well.

timchap2
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by timchap2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Thank you! Worked on Joomla 2.5.2 update from Installatron.

dimi2011
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dimi2011 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:52 pm

2. Rebuilding menus
Menus --> MenuManager
Select all menus
Lieven Borms I love you, brother. Your solution saved me so much frustration. By the way, your solution also works on a clean install of 2.5.2. It also solved another problem I had where I wasn't getting admin menu items of newly installed components like Akeeba backup. Thanks again!!! PS if I ever meet you in one of those Joomla days festivals, I'll buy you a beer. :)

bobankrstic
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bobankrstic » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm

To Lieven Borms

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge!!!

metatech
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by metatech » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:13 am

You just saved my bacon. :)
Worked well on Joomla 2.5 (after an upgrade process from 1.5-1.7-2.5).

A million thanks. :D

tronath
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tronath » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks very much!

RenewGuru
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RenewGuru » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Lieven Borms wrote:In a normal Joomla 1.5 installation the table names are starting with the prefix ‘jos_’.
When you migrate from 1.5 to 1.6, the ‘jos_’ tables are copied for Joomla 1.6. The prefix of the new tables, for the Joomla 1.6 installation, is normally ‘j16_’ (in later versions of jupgrade you can adjust it). So when you do this step these tables already exist.

If you database name is “druensve” and the prefix is “j16_” then you need to have ‘druensve’.’j16_menu’ instead of ‘druensve.j16_menu'. (‘database_name’.’table_name’)

Below your customized query. Normally it should work with this. (If the prefix is ‘j16_’)
INSERT INTO `druensve`.`j16_menu` (`id` ,`menutype` ,`title` ,`alias` ,`note` ,`path` ,`link` ,`type` ,`published` ,`parent_id` ,`level` ,`component_id` ,`ordering` ,`checked_out` ,`checked_out_time` ,`browserNav` ,`access` ,`img` ,`template_style_id` ,`params` ,`lft` ,`rgt` ,`home` ,`language` ,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '1', '', 'Menu_Item_Root', 'root', '', '', '', '', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0', '0', '', '0', '', '0', '0', '0', '*', '0')
I edited my Joomla! 2.5.3 SQL to the following:
INSERT INTO `joomrei`.`jos_menu` (`id` ,`menutype` ,`title` ,`alias` ,`note` ,`path` ,`link` ,`type` ,`published` ,`parent_id` ,`level` ,`component_id` ,`ordering` ,`checked_out` ,`checked_out_time` ,`browserNav` ,`access` ,`img` ,`template_style_id` ,`params` ,`lft` ,`rgt` ,`home` ,`language` ,`client_id` ) VALUES ( ’1′, ”, ‘Menu_Item_Root’, ‘root’, ”, ”, ”, ”, ’1′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0000-00-00 00:00:00′, ’0′, ’0′, ”, ’0′, ”, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ‘*’, ’0′)

However now I am receiving a Syntax error:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '00:00:00′, ’0′, ’0′, ”, ’0′, ”, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ‘' at line 1

This is using WAMP Server 2.2D on a Windows 7 64bit machine with the latest PHP version 5.3.10

Seriously do not understand why this issue would be present in a 3rd Stable release of Joomla! 2.5 :geek:

kc318
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kc318 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm

#1142 - INSERT command denied to user 'cordiert'@'localhost' for table 'jml1_menu'

what did i do wrong? i believe this is the only database i have... cordiert_jml1

RenewGuru
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RenewGuru » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 pm

kc318 wrote:#1142 - INSERT command denied to user 'cordiert'@'localhost' for table 'jml1_menu'

what did i do wrong? i believe this is the only database i have... cordiert_jml1
Typical WAMP (or variant) installations do not have any other username other than "root" and no password. The username/password are set in the final installation process of Joomla for the Admin username/password only. phpMySQL will show you what your database name is or you may create a new database before attempting to install Joomla then use that db name. Also within that db if you scroll down to the "Menu" table you will find the name extension (jos_menu) or something similar. Use the actual db name and menu table name info from phpMySQL in your edit of the script you will run in the SQL tab.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”