Edit state in a category does not allow auto-publish

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

latristesse
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Edit state in a category does not allow auto-publish

Post by latristesse » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:17 am

I was under the impression that if you if wanted an author to be able to publish their articles in certain categories, you could go to the category and set the permissions for an author on "Edit State" to "Allowed." However, on creating new content in these categories, the state drop-down does not appear and the content is still queued up for approval in the back-end. I need for an author to be able to create, publish, edit, delete, and unpublish for only a few select categories and I see no other way to do this other than allowing "edit state" on categories.

MoonfireArt
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Edit state in a category does not allow auto-publish

Post by MoonfireArt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Yes, for some reason you can auto-publish only if you create the user group you wish to do this with underneath the "Super Users" group. It was frustrating for me as well until I figured that out.
The burned hand teaches best... - The Two Towers

http://webdesign.moonfireartstudios.com Joomla web design for small businesses

lyndsey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lyndsey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi,

Is this still correct? Despite selecting edit state content cannot be auto published?

I have a group that I want to be able to only submit and publish to one category (a staff blog). However I can't get auto publish to happen.

I tried the suggestion of moving the level to below the Super User (I only need it below registered), however if I do this I can't seem to restrict users from editing another content page and adding articles to any category.

If anyone can tell me if what I want is possible or not I will be very grateful :)

Cheers,

lyndsey

MoonfireArt
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MoonfireArt » Sun May 26, 2013 12:00 am

You can by adding a menu item for editing, then restricting the content published to a specific category. Its a rough workaround, but does work.

energetica
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by energetica » Sun May 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Really? That same scenario didn't word for me and I tested it a lot. The content is submitted and set as unpublished, once an admin publishes the article the person who submitted it can then change the status to published/unpublished etc. However, with that initial submission I could not set up a scenario where it was published with out an admin/publisher approving it.

Lyn

MoonfireArt
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MoonfireArt » Sun May 26, 2013 11:57 pm

I created a new group (called *** authors [ I had to hide the company name]), and set it immediately under super users. Then I set up a create article menu item attached to each category, and limited the publishing to that category only. These authors now have their new articles auto-publishing, but only to the specific categories I wish.

MoonfireArt
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MoonfireArt » Sun May 26, 2013 11:59 pm

The way I understand it, any group you need to auto publish must be directly underneath super users in the group screen in order for this to work. Has to do with the way the access control system works.

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 2.5”