500 error on Add New Menu Item and changing Global Config

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
slselwyn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

500 error on Add New Menu Item and changing Global Config

Post by slselwyn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:10 pm

As soon as I try to Add New Menu Item the following error appears: "Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error."
It also happens if I try to save items in Global Configuration. I can Add New Menu and many other things are working normally.
This is on a Windows 2008 server with Plesk and Joomla was installed through Plesk.
We have tried temporarily on another site changing all the permissions to Everyone full control to see if it might be a permissions issue but it made no difference.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

vivec
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 500 error on Add New Menu Item and changing Global Confi

Post by vivec » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Make sure your 'configuration.php' is writable and (then) turn of all 'SEF' options !

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: 500 error on Add New Menu Item and changing Global Confi

Post by humvee » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:38 am

Please run the Forum Post Assistant to provide the information to help us try and resolve the issue.
Please follow the instructions in the post and the program pack closely.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”