New tag save failed

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
JanKrohn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

New tag save failed

Post by JanKrohn » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:50 pm

I upgraded from Joomla 3.0.3 to 3.1 seemingly very smoothly (no 3rd party plugins). I "discovered" the tags extensions, and cleared the cache afterwards. Tags are now showing up in the backend.

So I wanted to create the first tag. Upon pressing the save button I got
Error

Save failed with the following error: exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'TagsTableTag::_getNode(1, ) failed.' in /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php:1441 Stack trace: #0 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php(751): JTableNested->_getNode('1') #1 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/administrator/components/com_tags/tables/tag.php(181): JTableNested->store(false) #2 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/administrator/components/com_tags/models/tag.php(335): TagsTableTag->store() #3 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/libraries/legacy/controller/form.php(691): TagsModelTag->save(Array) #4 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(722): JControllerForm->save() #5 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/administrator/components/com_tags/tags.php(22): JControllerLegacy->execute('save') #6 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(359): require_once('/home/vicfont/p...') #7 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(339): JComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home/vicfont/p...') #8 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/administrator/includes/application.php(166): JComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_tags') #9 /home/vicfont/public_html/heidoc/joomla/administrator/index.php(56): JAdministrator->dispatch() #10 {main}
Any ideas about this one?

Thanks,
Jan

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: New tag save failed

Post by mcsmom » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:36 am

You should not have to discover the tags extension, it should have installed automaically.
However you may have had a partial failure of the sql to run on install.

If you look at your database (you will need to go to your control panel and then use what they give you to manage the database, probably phpmyadmin) the tags table should have one row of data. If the tags table is empty go to the sql tab and paste the following:

INSERT INTO `#__tags` (`id`, `parent_id`, `lft`, `rgt`, `level`, `path`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `description`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `access`, `params`, `metadesc`, `metakey`, `metadata`, `created_user_id`, `created_time`,`created_by_alias`, `modified_user_id`, `modified_time`, `images`, `urls`, `hits`, `language`, `version`)
VALUES (1, 0, 0, 1, 0, '', 'ROOT', 'root', '', '', 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '{}', '', '', '', '', '2011-01-01 00:00:01','', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '', 0, '*', 1);

Click go.

Then tags should work.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

JanKrohn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JanKrohn » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am

Yes, this was the solution. Thanks a lot!

Jan

JanKrohn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JanKrohn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:44 am

There still is something else missing.....

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/component/ ... 2-software
An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:
•an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
•a mistyped address
•a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
•you have no access to this page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

0 SQL=SELECT * FROM `jos_content_types`
I guess there's some more db record missing, that has not been created by the upgrade script.
Do I have to insert any default record in jos_content_types?

Thanks,
Jan

JanKrohn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JanKrohn » Fri May 03, 2013 5:14 pm

After creating all the tags, I now want to assign them to contacts, articles etc.

I'm getting another SQL error:
Error

Save failed with the following error: SQL=SELECT ct.type_id FROM `jos_content_types` AS `ct` WHERE `ct`.`type_alias` = 'com_contact.contact'
Is there any way how to find out all the default records in these tables, so I don't have to ask here all the time? Preferably any other way besides installing a second blank Joomla...

Jan

JanKrohn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JanKrohn » Sat May 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Ok, solved. Two tables were missing from my installation: jos_content_types and jos_ucm_base. I exported them from a clen installation, and imported to my site. Seems to work.

fantasea
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fantasea » Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 am

Bas van Kollenburg
Instructor / Director

http://www.soterios.eu

SoutherlySwell
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SoutherlySwell » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks a million for this....great community helps here!

hmw
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hmw » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 am

Hello there,

I've got a similar problem saving tags. I'm new to Joomla and designed my site at first from a local installation using xampp and the actual Joomla distribution. I used the EasyTagCloud Module and all worked well using tags. Then I migrated Joomla from local to server using the same Joomla version. Everything is fine (as far I can see for now) except the tags handling. I checked my database and no tables are missing. By saving an article with Tags I get the following error message:

Save failed with the following error:

As the error doesn't inform me about anything I checked the entries in the DB. The tags are created in #__tags as they should and the metadata field of the article tried to save in #__content is fully replaced by {"tags":[x]} where x is the id of the new created tag. Before saving the metadata entry was {"robots":"","author":"","rights":"","xreference":""}.
Though giving a save error something is beeing saved. But there still is no Tag shown in the frontend.

Any help here?

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by mcsmom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm

In 3.1.5 the save really should not be happening in metadata at all.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

solracpt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by solracpt » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:35 am

Hi,

For those that can not save articles with (new) tags, this was what I found out:

1- Updating Joomla 3.1.x to 3.2, does not update some tables.
2- I need to insert the missing values in tables

Solution:

Open your db with phpmyadmin or other app (#__ is your prefix table).

1 -Find the table #__content_types, see if you have any rows on it.
If not, must insert the text in the attached file "fix_sql_tables_for_tags.txt" (Posts to forum have a limited text, so is in the file)

2 -Find your table #__tags, must have at least 1 row for ROOT value, if not insert this:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `#__tags` (`id`, `parent_id`, `lft`, `rgt`, `level`, `path`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `description`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `access`, `params`, `metadesc`, `metakey`, `metadata`, `created_user_id`, `created_time`,`created_by_alias`, `modified_user_id`, `modified_time`, `images`, `urls`, `hits`, `language`, `version`) VALUES
(1, 0, 0, 1, 0, '', 'ROOT', 'root', '', '', 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '{}', '', '', '', '', '2011-01-01 00:00:01','', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '',  0, '*', 1);
Again, don't forget to replace #__ in the queries

I hope this is useful for you ;)
If anything is missing, just say so and I add it to this post

PS:SQL full instalation queries for Joomla 3.2 is in this page https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/bl ... joomla.sql
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cybersalt
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by cybersalt » Fri May 09, 2014 8:58 am

Thanks solracpt!

In my case content_types only had the last 5 types of the 15 that your script created.

New tags are now saving when I save the article I am creating them within!
Tim Davis
Cybersalt | Basic Joomla Tutorials
https://www.cybersalt.com | https://www.[youtube].com/basicjoomla

kubanc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kubanc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:48 am

Hellow!

I'm still having problems with adding tags to articles..
I have solved the problem with saving tags, but if i try to add tag to article i get error:
Error
Save failed with the following error:

and the content of error is blank.
I've already tried the solutions you mentioned above, and none of them works.

1.) I have updated Joomlao to the latest version 3.3, and i'm still having the same problem
2.) I tried to copy _content_types data from clean Joomla 3.3 database and I am still having the same problem...

Any idea how can i debug this

EDITED: It mas my fault. I was editing the wrong database. The solution mentioned by solracpt worked OK...
Last edited by kubanc on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeregrineDesign
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PeregrineDesign » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 pm

solracpt wrote:Hi,

For those that can not save articles with (new) tags, this was what I found out:

Solution:

If not, must insert the text in the attached file "fix_sql_tables_for_tags.txt" (Posts to forum have a limited text, so is in the file)

2 -Find your table #__tags, must have at least 1 row for ROOT value, if not insert this:

INSERT INTO `#__tags` (`id`, `parent_id`, `lft`, `rgt`, `level`, `path`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `description`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `access`, `params`, `metadesc`, `metakey`, `metadata`, `created_user_id`, `created_time`,`created_by_alias`, `modified_user_id`, `modified_time`, `images`, `urls`, `hits`, `language`, `version`) VALUES
(1, 0, 0, 1, 0, '', 'ROOT', 'root', '', '', 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '{}', '', '', '', '', '2011-01-01 00:00:01','', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '',  0, '*', 1);

PS:SQL full instalation queries for Joomla 3.2 is in this page https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/bl ... joomla.sql
Thank you, thank you, thank you! My upgrade was faulty. My content_types did not have rows. Fixed now.

cloacker
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cloacker » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:28 am

Solution:

Thank you solracpt! Your solution works perfectly.

The same problem occured with Joomla! 3.3.0, fresh install in this environment:
PHP Version 5.5.11; Apache/2.4.9; Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable; Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable.

willhaxton
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by willhaxton » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:34 pm

An old topic I know but it seems the best one to be able to help me.

So, Im using Joomla 3.4.3 and want to start adding tags to my articles. However, when I go to create new tags I get a similar error message to above.

I am a very novice php user so not sure if im doing this correct but i log in to my php and locate "c_tags" click on the SQL tab and paste the coding quoted here. Upon clicking go I get the following error

#1146 - Table 'MYSITEDATABASE_.#__tags' doesn't exist

I have no idea what to do next or how to fix this.

Hopefully someone can explain this to me in easy steps, all I want to do is add a few tags to each article.

Thanks in advance

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:26 am

As mentioned in the post the prefix $__ needs to be replaced by yours in use. Also you need to properly name the table. Wither remove the MYSITEDATABASE_ or properly qualify the table by its database.
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

willhaxton
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by willhaxton » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:37 pm

sovainfo wrote:As mentioned in the post the prefix $__ needs to be replaced by yours in use. Also you need to properly name the table. Wither remove the MYSITEDATABASE_ or properly qualify the table by its database.
Thank you.

Now I get this error

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:24 am

The #1062 - duplicate entry ... means that row already exists.

Please confirm the content of #_content_types and #_tags is ok and the problem of adding tags still exists.

willhaxton
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by willhaxton » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:25 pm

sovainfo wrote:The #1062 - duplicate entry ... means that row already exists.

Please confirm the content of #_content_types and #_tags is ok and the problem of adding tags still exists.
I can confirm I still can not create tags and the original issue is still there. However, I am unsure how to confirm the content of each table or what I would even be looking for to confirm such content.

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:10 am

The best way to do that is looking at installation/sql/mysql/joomla.sql. It contains the inserts for #_content_type and #_tags.

johnnys_joomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by johnnys_joomla » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks solracpt - solved for me!

lowrentride
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lowrentride » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:20 am

Worked, mcsmom ! thanks in 2016

hoantq
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hoantq » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:20 am

PeregrineDesign wrote:

Solution:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My upgrade was faulty. My content_types did not have rows. Fixed now.
Thats great, it worked with mysite http://www.diskdr.vn Joomla 3.6.
By the way for 3.6, at step two we need to use following code

INSERT INTO `#__tags` (`id`, `parent_id`, `lft`, `rgt`, `level`, `path`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `description`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `access`, `params`, `metadesc`, `metakey`, `metadata`, `created_user_id`, `created_time`, `created_by_alias`, `modified_user_id`, `modified_time`, `images`, `urls`, `hits`, `language`, `version`) VALUES
(1, 0, 0, 1, 0, '', 'ROOT', 'root', '', '', 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '', '', '', '', 42, '2011-01-01 00:00:01', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '', 0, '*', 1);

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”