How to remove the Update Now reminder

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Frits Thissen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to remove the Update Now reminder

Post by Frits Thissen » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

I am getting very annoyed with the "Joomla! 3.3.3 is available, Update Now" on top of my control panel. My hosting provider does not support it yet (3.2.3) so on all my sites I keep on getting this message and because it takes a few seconds to come up several times I click on a wrong menu item because it just shifts by this message popping up.
Can I disable this check and/or message somewhere? I could not find it on google for the last hour so I just ask here.
Thx in advance!
Frits

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How to remove the Update Now reminder

Post by imanickam » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:48 pm

In the Plugin Manager, Disable the plugin "Quick Icon - Joomla! Update Notification" and see what happens.

On the same way, I believe that you may also would like to Disable the plugin "Quick Icon - Joomla! Extensions Updates Notification".
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
ex-Joomla! Translations Coordination Team
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Frits Thissen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: How to remove the Update Now reminder

Post by Frits Thissen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:54 pm

imanickam wrote:In the Plugin Manager, Disable the plugin "Quick Icon - Joomla! Update Notification" and see what happens.

On the same way, I believe that you may also would like to Disable the plugin "Quick Icon - Joomla! Extensions Updates Notification".
Thank you very much, this was the answer and I feel a little stupid now it seems so simple :(
Thanks again

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”