language file for user details

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kimborg
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

language file for user details

Post by kimborg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:45 am

I'm looking for the language file that controls user details when a new user register frontpage. To me it seems to be /language/nb-NO/nb-NO.com_users.ini for Norwegian language. This file seems fine, and should not produce english labels for user, name like the attached image shows. So perhaps I'm checking the wrong file?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: language file for user details

Post by imanickam » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 am

As there is no column/field named Last Name in core Joomla!, it looks like an extension may be used for the user registration. If this is the case, you should look into the language file of the extension used.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

kimborg
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kimborg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:41 pm

You're right, of course. This is the Kunena login, so I'll look for the language file there. Thanks for your assistance,

kimborg
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kimborg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Nope, I have to correct us both. These are Joomla 3.0 core fields, and I see the same labels when entering a new user backend (see attached screendump). So I have to figure out what language file define these labels. Any help appreciated, as I've looked for quite a while now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kimborg
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kimborg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Sorry. My fault. This occured as a result of the component Easy profile.

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”