How To Generate Quality Backlinks for a Website

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
lilysmith22
I've been banned!

How To Generate Quality Backlinks for a Website

Post by lilysmith22 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:15 am

Hello all,

I want to generate more visitors to my site so that I can get more suggestions and also Quality backlinks. Can any one suggest me how to get Quality backlinks.
Last edited by toivo on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: locked topic to stop attracting spammers

roma64
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: How To Generate Quality Backlinks for a Website

Post by roma64 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Simply put, create good quality content (the more, the better). Also, having a Blog on your website is a good way of getting backlinks!

Keep in mind that getting backlinks from an authoritative website, especially if it is related to your products, or services, is more important than just getting high quantity of backlinks from sites that offer no quality content!

Hope this helps
SimplerWebs

PHPMatters
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PHPMatters » Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 am

You can ask to be the sister site of some popular websites. And the easiest ways are purchasing backlinks from quality sites directly or posting guest posts with your links added.
Tell you everything about Joomla - https://phpmatters.com

GladToLink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by GladToLink » Wed May 20, 2015 8:37 am

There are a lot of pages to add Backlinks by yourself. Forums and Blogs related to your page are the best option add besides of just creating Backlinks the posts you make will bring you visitors.

roma64
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by roma64 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:10 am

@ Kissds! If I go the route of link building, I would rather focus on sites that are related to my niche first. For example, you can't have an article about car repair on a site that has nothing to do with cars, or car repair, tips and how to's!

Again, quality content is a natural link builder!
SimplerWebs

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Post by lilysmith22 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks all for your kind suggestions.

roma64
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by roma64 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:20 pm

@doka! I agree and that is why, at SimplerWebs, we don't really focus on submitting articles to directories, unless that directory, or website, is good quality, high PR website such as searchengineland, searchenginewatch, searchenginejournal, and so on!
SimplerWebs

JoomIa-Shark
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by JoomIa-Shark » Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm

I would agree that producing quality content is the best, and most natural way. The better the content, the more likely others will link to it. So long as you already have decent traffic, I think this would be the best route - because I would say it is easier to product great content (you built the website so you are obviously passionate and knowledgeable about your subject matter) rather than scrambling or paying to get backlinks to your website.

It is time-consuming but there's no easy shortcuts when it comes to SEO.

I agree with the points made in the simplerwebs blog post. If you notice, it is mostly about producing good, quality content.
Joomla Help and Resources: www.joomla-shark.com

roma64
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by roma64 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:34 pm

@Joomla-Shark! I am glad you liked our blog article and hope you visit us more often!

As Joomla-Shark said, you don't have to scramble or pay for links

Remember the old saying 'Build it and they will come'? - We use the same motto, among many, and it goes like 'Build great content and the will link to it'.

SEO is a long process and takes patience, a lot of it and because we love the field we are in, we never get tired learning and implement SEO! If you believe that you have acquired SEO knowledge and you are done, think again because you have just started.

@lilysmith22 - Again, focus on provide quality content that answers your visitor's question, helps them resolve a problem, or guides them to where they needed to be!
SimplerWebs

JoomIa-Shark
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by JoomIa-Shark » Tue May 26, 2015 11:43 pm

I would also suggest (but could be mistaken) that it would be better to hire additional article writers rather than paying for back links. Content is king.
Joomla Help and Resources: www.joomla-shark.com

datatrond
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by datatrond » Thu May 28, 2015 6:58 am

Hi,

Eric Ward is a link building wizard. He has written several great posts about the topic.
You should check out some of his link building tips and SEO guides. High quality.

Link building can be dangerous. Google don't like link building. That's why I recommend trusting experts only. I recommend that you read the following posts: http://searchengineland.com/11-reasons- ... snt-182210 and http://searchengineland.com/understandi ... nks-169156

Read what Google's Head of Webspam, Matt Cutts, has to say about guest blogging for links: https://www.mattcutts.com/blog/guest-blogging/

My best tip is to move from link building to link earning. Much safer, and you avoid breaking Google's guidelines and get into trouble, being banned from the SERPs, and so on.
Personal blog (Norwegian language): http://www.trondlyngbo.no
Work: https://searchplanet.no

roma64
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by roma64 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 pm

@datatrond! And that is what I was talking about! Providing good content, and exceptional user experience is in itself 'link earning'!
SimplerWebs

almamater77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by almamater77 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:45 pm

PHPMatters wrote:You can ask to be the sister site of some popular websites. And the easiest ways are purchasing backlinks from quality sites directly or posting guest posts with your links added.
This is one of the surest ways to have your website blacklisted in the Google indices. Buying backlinks from a website is not only frowned upon by Google, but the Penguin update was created to [* spam *] out these types of "paid backlinks" from "quality sites". Most of these "quality sites" are websites that have Google Adsense type links all over the pages. Being a sister site is a link exchange program which is just as bad paying for backlinks. Posting backlinks in guest posts is identified as non other than comment spam. If you are going to give out advice, please make sure it is sound and true. Go to seomoz, get an account on Google Webmaster tools and log into their forums and post the same question or searh the knowledge base there. Also, subscribe to search engine watch, search engine land and clickz. Finally, search locally for an SEO professional and ask his rates for performing link-building.

jamiewalters
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jamiewalters » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:33 am

Also, you have to remember good SEO is not ONLY about higher rankings or quality backlinks. It is also about providing quality content which can lure relevant visitors. Going for keywords which are not targeted for your site but are very relevant is to your site is also good seo.
Last edited by jamiewalters on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

almamater77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by almamater77 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Um. Good SEO is about higher rankings, quality backlinks and as the poster from Oslo above states, link earning. Notice he directs the reader to trusted authoritative websites on the subject such as Search Engine Land and Matt Cutts of Google? Content is king but poorly written content in a non native language is just as bad as linking to a paid linkbuilding entity on a blackhat link network.

jamiewalters
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jamiewalters » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:28 am

almamater77 wrote:Um. Good SEO is about higher rankings, quality backlinks and as the poster from Oslo above states, link earning. Notice he directs the reader to trusted authoritative websites on the subject such as Search Engine Land and Matt Cutts of Google? Content is king but poorly written content in a non native language is just as bad as linking to a paid linkbuilding entity on a blackhat link network.
I've edited my post for you. I forgot putting "only" there. Sorry about that.

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Post by lilysmith22 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:21 am

datatrond wrote:Hi,

Eric Ward is a link building wizard. He has written several great posts about the topic.
You should check out some of his link building tips and SEO guides. High quality.

Link building can be dangerous. Google don't like link building. That's why I recommend trusting experts only. I recommend that you read the following posts: http://searchengineland.com/11-reasons- ... snt-182210 and http://searchengineland.com/understandi ... nks-169156

Read what Google's Head of Webspam, Matt Cutts, has to say about guest blogging for links: https://www.mattcutts.com/blog/guest-blogging/

My best tip is to move from link building to link earning. Much safer, and you avoid breaking Google's guidelines and get into trouble, being banned from the SERPs, and so on.
Thanks datatrond,
Am really thankful to you for the blog links. I read them all and assume that all you suggested is really true and link earning is much better than building it.

Jessica_watson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jessica_watson » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:11 am

It is very important to create quality backlinks.There are many ways to get good quality links, you can refer- http://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced ... ding/.This is a complete guide towards link building.

corruptsnake
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by corruptsnake » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:30 am

To get quality backlinks is a big deal if not focused properly. You should first target good high PR websites and then start linking it with article posts etc.

Jessica_watson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jessica_watson » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:28 am

To get more traffic you need to share your posts in different social media, also to get quality backlinks, there are many different ways like guest blog posts, blog commenting,social bookmarking.

jinnat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jinnat » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 am

I think it is the difficult task to build backlinks because many websites have been penalized and some techniques has been obsolete.But if you would focus on earning backlinks using writing problem solving content then naturally you will get better backlinks.

This technique is really successful in building backlinks.

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Post by lilysmith22 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Jessica_watson wrote:To get more traffic you need to share your posts in different social media, also to get quality backlinks, there are many different ways like guest blog posts, blog commenting,social bookmarking.
Hey jessica, thanks for the suggestion. Could you provide me or suggest me some free guest blog posting sites. I searched o Google but didn't get the same.

AndresNWD
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by AndresNWD » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:30 pm

I have a huge list of SEO blogs where you could find a lot of updated link building (or earning) techniques, To start with, I think you should read:
I work at
http://www.component-creator.com - Easy Joomla MVC development
http://www.neno-translate.com - The complete translation solution for Joomla

semnaveen
I've been banned!

Post by semnaveen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:12 pm

To Generate Quality backlink first we must have to develop two skills 1. Content Creation and 2. Way of promotion IF we have these two skill then we are almost done.

wennykev
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wennykev » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:46 pm

;)You can get backlinks to your site from many places.Best way is to promote your site to social networks (Twitter, Facebook..), bookmarking sites (Digg, Stumbleupon...), Article directories (Ezine articles, GoArticles...) and web 2.0 (Squidoo, [spam]...). You will also get natural traffic to your page from users visiting those sites. Or you can buy links from websites like SEOclerks

ladydevil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ladydevil » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm

How to search forums with structural quality "keywords" -forum.
How to search forums with structural quality: Allintext: "keywords"
When you use this structure you can search all site content can not talk about the keywords that interest you. Examples are mentioned for you to imagine that when you use the structure allintext: "SEO Onpage"
How to search forums with structural quality: Allintitle: "keywords"
With this structure you'll find all titles article about keywords that interest you
How to search forums with structural quality: Allinurl: "keywords"
And this structure you will find all links about keywords
Good luck!

jameshagan
I've been banned!

Post by jameshagan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 am

you can get high quality backlinks by
1. submitting to audio sharing sites
2. golden linking opportunities from best of blogposts
3. Blogger reviews
4. testimonials
5. link reclamation
6. directory domination
7. HARO
8. .edu resource backlinks
9. submit your site to website feedback sites
10. submit your site to blog aggregators
11. moving man method
12. scoop it
13. Broken link building
14. infographics
15. skyscraper technique and
16. google+ profile

Soren Jensen
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Soren Jensen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:28 am

Soren Beck Jensenhttp://www.component-creator.com/ - Build Joomla Components fast and easy

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Post by lilysmith22 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:36 am

Soren Jensen wrote:This works well: http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/ ... -backlinks
Thanks for the post URL.. I will try it soon.

josh2015
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by josh2015 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Check for Relevance website in your niche. Backlinks from domain name with .ed, .org and .gov have some extra advantage.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”