Error 500 in User Manager Form Layout not Found

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
linux
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Error 500 in User Manager Form Layout not Found

Post by linux » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:30 pm

I am getting an error 500 in the User Manager---> (any user) The User Manager screen lists my users but when I try to view or add a new user I receive the following error: 500 - An error has occurred. Layout "form" not found

I ran debug on it and this is what it shows: (I removed the full path)

Code: Select all

500 - •An error has occurred.•

Layout "form" not found

Call stack
# 	Function 	Location
1 	JAdministrator->dispatch() 	/homepage/administrator/index.php:67
2 	JComponentHelper->renderComponent() 	/homepages/administrator/includes/application.php:130
3 	require_once() 	/homepage/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162
4 	JController->execute() 	/homepage/administrator/components/com_users/users.php:33
5 	UsersController->display() 	/homepage/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:236
6 	JController->display() 	/homepage/administrator/components/com_users/controller.php:68
7 	UsersViewUser->display() 	/homepage/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:310
8 	JView->display() 	/homepage/administrator/components/com_users/views/user/view.html.php:139
9 	JView->loadTemplate() 	/homepage/libraries/joomla/application/component/view.php:192
10 	JError->raiseError() 	/homepage/libraries/joomla/application/component/view.php:574
11 	JError->raise() 	/homepage/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:173
12 	JException->__construct() 	/homepage/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:138
I am running:

PHP Built on: Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Tue Dec 18 22:34:10 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
Database Version: 5.0.51a-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.6
Web Server: Apache/1.3.34 Ben-SSL/1.55
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.6 Production/Stable [ Vusani ] 12-August-2008 22:00 GMT

Does anyone know what might be the problem? This was all working fine the other day, I can delete users with no problem. I also can log on fine and everything else is working great.

Oh yeah I can create a user in the front end with no problem. (I am using joomla core login)
Sincerely,

Linux ;)

linux
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Error 500 in User Manager Form Layout not Found

Post by linux » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:41 pm

I looked it over again and found what my problem was:

The /administrator/components/com_users/views/user/tmpl directory was inaccessable.

My bad. I was securing the directory permissions yesterday and accidentally set the chmod for that folder to chmod 0644 :-[

Well anyway glad to have Joomla. Thanks
Sincerely,

Linux ;)

wizeguy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wizeguy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanks for solving that and posting, I followed that trail, thinking I never really played with permissions there. Turned out my tmpl directory was flat out empty. Found the contents in the last known backup copy and added them back in!
Must have dropped them while moving from server to server. Very strange. If anyone sees a form.php file out there lost in cyberspace, could be mine.

karmagoodkarma
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by karmagoodkarma » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:15 pm

I know this is an old post but it solved the issue I had using joomla version 3.4.5. Somehow through an earlier update I had dropped files default_batch_body and default_batch_footer in the tmpl folder.

thanks

Tincanner
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Tincanner » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:44 pm

This solution saved me hours of time. For reasons unknown, my default_batch_footer file had been dropped from 4 different components. I downloaded a full copy of Joomla 3.4.5, uploaded the footer file wherever it was missing, and voila! Thanks so much for this fix.

Return to “Administration 1.5”