Translating to Kurdish [soran] language

A place to discuss Joomla! translation matters.

Moderator: wendhausen

Aishan301
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Translating to Kurdish [soran] language

Post by Aishan301 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:34 am

I am working on Joomla 3.6 ,The language needed is Kurdish [soran] which i have downloaded the relevant package and I also installed the package language and it alleged me "it is installed successfully " I also created a content language ,but yet i have not the Kurdish language working :( to fix this problem i tried with Database - Fix button ,but i did not get any help?!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Translating to Kurdish [[[soran]]] language

Post by imanickam » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:08 am

Aishan301 wrote:I also created a content language ,but yet i have not the Kurdish language working to fix this problem
What is the problem you are facing? Providing a details of your problem will help others to understand the issue and offer solutions.

When I re-read the Subject, I believe that I understand your need. It sounds like you want to translate the content to the Kurdish language.

Be informed that language packs do not translate the content. Language packs are there to display the form labels and the messages (informational, warning, and error) messages in the native language - They do not do the translation.

A little bit of research revealed that Google translation only supports Kurdish (Kurmanji) language. So, I believe that even the extension that does the Google Translation may not be help in this case.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Aishan301
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Translating to Kurdish [[soran]] language

Post by Aishan301 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:04 am

I worked with Joomla version 2.5 that supports Kurdish Lang , I easily could install Kurdish [soran] language on that . I do not want to translate the content of the webpage , but the form and label of the template site .I cannot do the same in Joomla 3.x inspite of downloading and installing the mentioned package of the Lang ,yet I don't have that .I hope I could convey the problem !thanks for response

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:29 pm

The latest language pack available for Kurdish ([soran]) is for Joomla! 3.0.2 (ckb-IQ_joomla_lang_full_3.0.2v1.zip). Definitely this is an outdated language pack. Still it could be installed and uninstalled successfully. After installing this language pack and make it as a Default Site language, things do work. Of course, some of the language strings would be missing and some of them may be wrong due to the change in the language strings.

Note: This language pack is available at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jtrans ... tion=index.
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:16 am

We need someone to take over the Kurdish language pack and update it to 3.6.2
If you are interested, Aishan301, please contact imanickam
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

Aishan301
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Aishan301 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:19 am

Genius, Thank you very much imanickam, I used that and now it is working perfect,but I have another problem with Kunena Forum v4.0 language I am installing the package lang for the relevant component ,but it translates only half of the form lables,for eg I have User name,Password and Remeber me still in English :( however the direction of the form doesn't change and yet it is from Left to Right.
Last edited by Aishan301 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aishan301
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Translating to Kurdish [[[[soran]]]] language

Post by Aishan301 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:21 am

infograf768 wrote:We need someone to take over the Kurdish language pack and update it to 3.6.2
If you are interested, Aishan301, please contact imanickam
Off course ,thank u :)

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Translating to Kurdish [[soran]] language

Post by imanickam » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:04 am

Aishan301 wrote:have another problem with Kunena Forum v4.0 language I am installing the package lang for the relevant component ,but it translates only half of the form lables,for eg I have User name,Password and Remeber me still in English
Be informed that the language strings translation for Kunena are being done in Transifex (https://www.transifex.com/Kunena-Forum/Kunena/). As per the page, only 17% of the language strings have been converted to "Kurdish (Iraq)".

If you want some of the essential language strings to be translated, you could create language overrides as documented at https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_O ... _in_Joomla.
Aishan301 wrote:the direction of the form doesn't change and yet it is from Left to Right.
You may have to get in touch with the extension developer for this issue.

Aishan301
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Aishan301 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:02 am

Thank you so much for responding ,I tried language overrides ,but it doesn't work on Kunena form but the website template only :( I also looked up for the php files in the kunena folder directories to find the untranslated strings ,but there were too many files, i do not know which might help :( cannot we change any of those strings or direction via css or php files ?If yes could you give me the address or guide me other way !

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:40 pm

I did some more research and it looks like you may be using a template other than the one that gets installed with Joomla!

I used the template Protostar that gets bundled with Joomla and you can see from the image attached that with the Kurdish ([soran]) as the Default Site language, Kunena does show the correct behavior of RTL.
kunena_in_protostar.jpg
So, suggest testing your site with the Protostar template.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Translations”