syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
forteirp
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Post by forteirp » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:56 pm

I too am getting a syntax error "parse error syntax error unexpected t_Lnumber expecting 'T_Variable ' or '$' in /... index.php on line 127..... on the iPhone only.... My blackberry see the site fine, but my client is seeing the "syntax error" with she uses her iPhone.... I don't have a IPhone in the office right now, so I can't check....

Here the url:
http://evelinagaina.com

Can someone help fix this issue plz?

ausnets
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Post by ausnets » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:36 am

Sorry no help but I have the same problem. It happens whichever Template I switch to, the original Rockettheme, or even the Beez standard template (different line number - 35).
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /clientdata/zeus-dynamic-1/s/o/solarobsession.com.au/www/templates/rt_crystalline_j15/index.php on line 32
J 1.5.26

It's caused by using a numeric Variable Name I think, e.g. 1 instead of starting with $ or using an Alpha variable name.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:01 am

This is symptoms of that your site has bee hacked. Follow the instructions in the Security Forum for how to deal with a hacked site.

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”