Miwisoft, Mijoshop, MijoSEF & the frustration it has caused

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ricardo1064
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Miwisoft, Mijoshop, MijoSEF & the frustration it has caused

Post by ricardo1064 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:37 am

I will start off by saying these few things:

I am not an expert, but I have been developing Joomla websites for 8 years now.
I do not know everything, but I am pretty tech savvy can read and write html and know enough about php, sql and css to get me by.
This is a hobby I enjoy and occasionally make some money with.

That being said here is where I am today:

About a year ago I purchased Mijoshop to start an online store for my business. Mijoshop was chosen based on the reviews they had in the extensions directory. Initially I only purchased Mijoshop and then a short while later, the windows application they make to locally upload items to the database much faster than through a web browser. I had over 250 items for sale and trying to upload multiple pictures on the system available through a web browser was daunting and VERY slow to say the least.

Initially things were slow on my end, time constraints will do that, but in the last 4 months I really ramped up and made a strong effort to get all my items on. I also started to add new items.

Worrying about SEO at this point I knew that Miwi had the SEF component and went to their website and ordered it. Figuring, the company that makes Mijo and a SEF component... it should all work. Well, the nightmare begins here.... MijoSEF completely broke all the SEF urls on my site when enabled. It was generating urls I had never seen and I couldn't get ANYWHERE with it. I guessed I should have paid attention when they sold you videos for extra money. But even with all the reading I did, their component did more damage than it helped.

SO I left the site without it and read about Joomla 3.X having better SEF management and methods to resolve canonical urls. This is partly my fault, I guess I was looking for something to help me solve the issue instead of just hard coding urls. But when you have 300+ urls to hard code and plans to add 1,000's of items to your store... you become daunted and look for shortcuts. LESSON LEARNED.

In the last 60 days I decided to update my site from 2.5.X to 3.X. I did some reading on how this works, prepared my extensions to update as I did this, and backed everything up. Initially, I didn't notice, but this update broke the cart system with Mijoshop. When I found out, I contacted support and their answer was - "The problem is your template, contact them". Full disclosure - I am a Joomlart subscriber. Joomlart support quickly shows me that their template isn't breaking Jquery like Miwisoft claims. So I contacted them again but this waiting game for support has me anxious... and in this process my first sale happens and I can't even have it go through the website and webstore I have spent extensive creating. Disheartened isn't even the right word to describe this.

One whirlwind later... I can not deal with waiting days for responses. So I made the decision to completely separate my web content from my webstore. By now, I had broken ALL of my SEF urls for so long Google has completely delisted my website. To put that in perspective, I have been at the top of "auto repair" for my city for over 9 months now. Now I don't even exist. But I have no one to blame but myself, because I believe my anxiety lead to this short coming.

So I've refreshed my content site and installed a completely separate Joomla install and database one folder in on my web browser which will house MijoShop and ONLY Mijo. How can one go wrong with this, right? So I get everything up and running, move the content over and start to prepare to manage the SEF URLs. Once again, the MijoSEF extension is creating urls of it's own that do not even exist in the site structure and it completely breaks certain categories.

So I have a fresh Joomla 3.x install, fully updated, with a template that specifically states it is MijoShop compatible and other than JSitemap Pro.... I only have MijoSEF installed and I STILL can't get it to work right. The largest part of this frustration, if I email support, MAYBE I'll have a response tomorrow... maybe I won't. I have hundreds invested into this and more personal time than I care to admit.

So lately I noticed that they were kicked out of Joomla extensions for fake reviewers... Reviews that were likely 33%+ of the justification I used to purchase MijoShop in the first place. I have also found plenty of threads where I see their developers defending their product and other developers (who they CLEARLY do business with) also defending them. You should all be embarrassed by what you do and the people you fool with shoddy business practices.

I am frustrated beyond belief at this point and I think my only way out of the migrate Mijo out to a regular Opencart system if I'd like to continue to do things myself. This post is meant to warn others considering Miwisoft products, PLEASE strongly note my experience and take it into consideration. I am left out of money, valuable time, and can never recover any of it. I am at the point where I am within inches of just finding another system.

This company is selling a product that doesn't work like it's described with Opencart modules and their support is laughable at best.

Also worth noting :

YMM Opencart Extension:
I had purchased the YMM module that was sold through their extensions directory... I had issues getting it working. The developer for that module was not too kind as he told me that "Mijoshop is not Opencart and his extension works perfectly with Opencart." Eventually, I got the extension working but without his help or Mijoshop support. Mijoshop support's answer was "talk to the developer, this isn't our extension. We just sell it."

iSearch:
I also purchased the iSearch module for Mijoshop because I liked the features. I then found out after spending $50 that it didn't work. I contacted their support.... know what their answer was? Oh you use Mijoshop? It's going to cost you another $100 to get that to work.

SH404SEF:
MijoShop without MijoSEF installed does NOT like SH404SEF. I don't believe this is anything SH404SEF related and do believe that Miwi does this to get you to buy their crappy extension instead.... which makes your life even worse. SH404SEF support is a little curt in their responses... BUT they help you get where you need to get to. Quite fast I might add.
Last edited by toivo on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: locked topic

Queasy
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Miwisoft, Mijoshop, MijoSEF & the frustration it has cau

Post by Queasy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:55 pm

It's the same company JoomAce and MijoSEF and the products claim they work but they don't work for imports or even the migration side. The redirects don't even work correctly.

Beware of these products because even the author can't fix your issues.

The products are all produced in Turkey and support is F-

kmaster2
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Miwisoft, Mijoshop, MijoSEF & the frustration it has caused

Post by kmaster2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:22 pm

JoomAce and MijoSEF are arbitrary, they do not care about customer opinion. I ask for you customer joomla, where is the directory of miwisoft.com on the official website of joomla extensions? http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions. No, there is some extension MIWISOFT !!! it is not strange? I tell you that they had so many complaints by joomla users who withdrew all extensions from the official joomla site.

So if you want to use anything that MIWISOFT sells, it's your problem and risk.

I ask you, as a company that does the same components have two completely different websites and are the same developers? JoomAce and MijoSEF? Will they not open a new company with a new website with a totally different name to continue to disregard the customers?

I do not use more JoomAce MijoSEF or if you want to use is your problem, but I warn you, one day you will regret using JoomAce or MijoSEF.

The joomla need companies that above all worry about the opinions of customers, and I say it out of joomla companies that do what we are reading this topic.

Long live the JOOMLA, and outside companies that do not love joomla !!!
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: removed the Portuguese part - please note that this forum is in English, if you want to post something in Portuguese, do it in the right forum

DFX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DFX » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:19 am

Don't mean to bump an old thread but this should serve as a warning to people.

I have worked with MijoSEF for years (From when is was AceSEF I think) and yes I have finally given up. The support and development teams are an absolute joke. Probably the worst interaction was when it took over a month to get a very simple fix applied that I even provided direct links to documentation for - as well as how to fix it. Literally 1 word in the code needed to be changed to match some new Facebook OG requirements but it took an insane amount of time to be fixed. Even to the point that they started just completely ignoring my requests for an ETA.

I checked; I opened the ticket on 19.08.2015 and it was finally fixed on the 29.09.2015 - over a month later.
I asked for ETA's on 09.09.2015, 16.09.2015 and 23.09.2015 - all of which were completely ignored.

The SEF system only works correctly on the most basic of Joomla installs in my experience. Over the years I have had to come up with my own fixes and work arounds on many occasions. I've even purchased their paid extension plugins to try and get the system working correctly and for one reason or another, there is always a problem.

It is a real shame, because if it worked as intended, it does actually have some good features. But now I have more problems and I found this forum post and I wanted to share my experience as a warning to others.

bonzomedia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bonzomedia » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:45 am

I echo DFX' post here.

I purchased their Mijosearch and EDocman Extension (it wasn't cheap!).

Everyone - unless you're willing to undertake debugging and fixing up of Miwisoft's code then steer very clear of purchasing any of their software/support. I wasted a lot of time waiting for over a month to try to get some resolution. Their support is non-existant on software that doesn't work as advertised.

Even a polite email to their CEO Denis Dulici asking for his help was unanswered, not even an acknowledgement.

I'm pretty sure at one time they listed their extensions on the JED, but not any more. So, there's no other way to warn people about buying their extensions. They also have some kind of open source shopping cart called Arastta, and people were complaining on their Facebook about their lack of support too. That is until they disabled public posts! This is an unprofessional bunch of under talented developers giving the Joomla world a bad name.

Anyway, if you want to know more about my sad tale then my blog post is here:-https://medium.com/@gamecock/how-not-to ... .1niah82b2

toonetcreation
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toonetcreation » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:33 am

hello,

I have also a bad experience with miwisoft since the end of september.

I have been working with their products for 2/3 years and sometimes I had some issues.
Every time I had an issue, I sent a request to the technical support and the sent me a solution...since 2013/2014 I had no problem with that.

but for the last weeks, the situation has changed.
I asked the support many times since the 26th of september and I get no feedback.

do you have more news/info about the situation today?

I'm thinking to migrate my website from mijoshop to virtuemart but I don't know if a migration process/tools already exist ?

thanks for your help

have a good day
laurent

toonetcreation
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toonetcreation » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:49 pm

for info : I received this morning a reply from the support, related to my topics opened.

so, for the moment everything is fine for me, but I will keep an eye on this company and I'm not sure to renew my licence with miwisoft.

maybe a migration to virtuemart or other eCommerce component could be the most secure solution....

to be honest I'm afraid by their behavior...no infos, no communication from them...very suspicious !

brann
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by brann » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:07 am

Hi
I have used MijoSEF since the start and they where always very good and fast to reply but the last couple of weeks something has changed!. I raised a ticket the 14.09.2016 and today its the 10.10.2016 and ticket still unasigned.
With this kind of component you really depend on support as its very complex and if you only used to standard Joommla trouble shooting can be difficult without that good support.
I did stick with them all this time because it was so good but now its a headaque and i am I am not sure what has changed.
I have updated ticket 3 times for answer, i have written to them on their contact email.. all no no avail.
This is not good.At least they should say ticket received and come back saying they are delaied.
I am very dissapointed

0sasssam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by 0sasssam » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:19 pm

OMG, I wished I would have found this forum sooner. Yes, I purchased Mijoshop :( . I'm not an expert by no means, so simplicity is welcome. The Miwi support is sloooow! Don't expect an answer in a couple of days.......not happening. My first ticket I was referred to the Template Designer as the problem after 3 days.
I entered two more tickets. After 4 days I did some searching and fixed one myself.
The third one I got a message back after 6 days saying: It's Christmas meaning holiday. Well, OK, now they need more information. Checked again today.........nothing. I'll probably need to wait until New Years has past for an answer. I'm considering biting the bullet and looking at another eCommerce product off of JED.
If you are not in a hurry, Miwi support is for you!

toonetcreation
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toonetcreation » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 pm

I get some news with MijoShop support and everything seems to be fine with their team.

I had a discussion with a tech guy and they try to find a solution to my problems for the moment.

The support is alive since few years and they continue to support and improve mijo shop.

so for me the situation has been clarified.

toad78
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by toad78 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:01 pm

I've used their product a few years ago and was impressed at the customer support (and the ease of use of the integrated OpenCart) up until the point when they STOPPED responding to support tickets (after only three months of using their product, and I paid for a year's worth of support)! Since then I ventured to try other products.

But then I decided to give them another chance just this year. It's interesting how you, toonetcreation, were able to get assistance. I've posted SIX support tickets since Feb. 15, 2017 (the day I renewed/updated the product) and have not received ONE response. All issues were separate from each other and only half were set to high priority. I've also used their Contact form requesting that they review my HIGH PRIORITY tickets ASAP as the issues were affecting a site that was running their component LIVE! I still have NOT received a response, none of the tickets have been solved and are still UNASSIGNED. That's really too bad. I had hoped that this part of Miwisoft would've changed.

To add: I attempted to use their 'Ask A Question' tab when looking into an extension add-on that is supposed to be compatible with Mijoshop. Within the form there was a Captcha, which I entered in correctly. It repeatedly said that I entered in the wrong Captcha. Doing this three times (and refreshing my browser/cache in between) still resulted the same: nowhere. I suppose they do not monitor their pages for compatibility.

I guess I will have to continue searching for other cart alternatives to satisfy my client's needs.

toad78
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by toad78 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

toonetcreation,

Have you looked into jCart? Not that I'm promoting this product, but I was researching it as an alternative. I'm thinking it's more of a bridge for OpenCart, but you can look further into it. The developer has been pretty good about responding to my questions, such as:

1. I'd like to know if you have a listing of compatible extensions that have been tested and proven to work with JooCart, since I know that some OpenCart extensions may not be compatible with JooCart. I've invested a lot of time/money in OpenCart extensions and hate to see them go to waste unless they work with JooCart? For example, I have Offline Credit Card by OpenCartGuru. Would this work with your product?

>> No,we don't have any list.But we changed opencart core files very little.So most of the extensions should work with JoooCart. So you can use opencart third party extension with JooCart except opencart third party templates.You can use Joomla third party templates instead of opencart third party templates. Joomla templates will be automatically adjust with JooCart design.
Also there are options in JooCart admin panel ,From there you can change frontend button,menu,text,links colors using color picker.

2. How often do you come out with updates?

>> When opencart release a new version then within few days we release JooCart too for that new opencart version.

3. Could your product import data from MijoShop to JooCart?

>> Yes, you can migrate from mijoshop to joocart.

Like I said, I'm not promoting jCart, but I'm still researching other alternatives that may provide better support response and compatibility.

toonetcreation
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toonetcreation » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:27 am

Thank you for the info regarding Jcart.

You're right mayve could a good solution.

For the moment I have found a solution with miwisoft team and their technician is going to help me.

We are working together to correct the bug I have found, so for the moment I stay with this solution.

onestop
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by onestop » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:15 pm

First off, I have been using Joomla since before it was Mambo. I used it to develop sites back when it was nothing more than a rudimentary WYSIWYG editor, attached to a Db. So this isn't my first rodeo.

I have been using Mijoshop for a number of years with a ton of clients. Each and everyone of those clients has purchased their own license tied to their own login. This is important...

In the beginning the support was phenomenal. We could purchase a single purpose extension that didn't behave quite right and the guys at Miwisoft would send me a new version of the file the next day. No matter what problem we ran across, we could pay for a couple of support hours or they would just fix it for us with no payment requested, sometimes within a few hours. Who could ask for more than that?

Satisfied that I had made the rights choice in spite of the numerous negative reviews about Miwisoft/Mijoshop being just a rebrand of the their earlier company called AceShop (or whatever), I moved ahead. Really great! Best cart system out there for Mijoshop. Pump the brakes...

Mijoshop is NOT a cart system. After having worked with and modified many installation of it, I can tell you Mijoshop is nothing more than a "management shell" that exists outside of the actual cart system that is installed when you install Mijoshop. Opencart by and large is simply installed inside of the Mijoshop component and Mijoshop itself merely runs as a management interface to OC.

Why is this important? Well because of the way Mijoshop works to do this breaks a good deal of functionality within OpenCart due to the way Mijoshop handles routing from OC. We have had to pay many times over for custom fixes to even the most basic OC extension to get it to work with Mijoshop. A lot of developers for OC flat out state they don't and will not support Mijoshop.

As I stated, at first their support was phenomenal but as I've cruised the various forums, I begna to notice a very similar thread regarding their support as of late. They don't know, don't care or simply have given up. They don't respond to tickets for days, sometimes weeks at a time. And when they do respond it's typically with something like "it's a problem with your template, talk to your theme developer", "it's a problem with the extension, talk to the developer".

Keep in mind one of their claims to fame...right there on their product feature page is that Mijoshop will work with ANY extension written for OC. This is a big fat lie!

All OpenCart extensions (modules, payment gateways etc. except themes) can be installed/used
All OpenCart modules can be used as Joomla modules

https://miwisoft.com/joomla-extensions/ ... ature-list

Yeah it can be...after you find a party willing to take on responsibility for making it work and paying through the nose to do so. Good luck, because you will be bounced back and forth between the various parties blaming the other party for it's failure to function and demanding payment for hours of work to make it work. I noticed that installation of Mijoshop includes OpenBay which a number of my clients would like to use. Upon sending a ticket to Mijoshop regarding whether OpenBay functions properly withing Mijoshop, I was told they don't know and they don't support it. I should contact OpenBay. Well wait a minute...you coded this thing to include OpenBay and sold the component as a cart system and you don't even know if one of the major components included actually functions?

So I contacted OpenBay. www.openbaypro.com
The devs there said they weren't sure if that implementation still worked, they had 0 plans to support Mijoshop and wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I reached out to another developer OpenCartX regarding his extensions for coupons to see if it might be compatible with Mijoshop. His response...

"I cannot guarantee compatibility with customized installations like MijoShop, since they modify how a standard OpenCart installation works. I believe all my extensions work currently, some with a few edits, but I can never guarantee it because MijoShop changes core files in OpenCart.

I'm always willing to take a quick look if it doesn't work, and can usually get it working. I do believe Ultimate Coupons works without any edits, though the admin panel may need a few depending on the styling of MijoShop. I can send those to you when you're ready.

Just to note, you may want to move your clients away from MijoShop when you can. It doesn't have a very good reputation in the OpenCart *or* Joomla communities. You can read more about that in these forum topics:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138703
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 63#p543851
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139085

Support has almost dried up. I have a feeling they are failing and flailing. This product is most likely a sinking ship.
So back to my original comment. I have over 100 clients each with their own license and login...guess how many product renewals they won't be getting next year?

CritiKill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CritiKill » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:41 pm

I really wish I had seen this thread sooner. I've been using Mijoshop for many years and when they just launched, their support was amazing. I renewed a license recently and OMG, I have not received a response to my query in over a month, even though I keep checking in every 2 days for an update, I'm being completely ignored.

I tried their new forms component, I reported a bug which made their component unusable for me. I got 1 very pathetic reply from their support department and then they ignored me thereafter. I'm so angry at this [censored]. They should let their clients know that they have no intention of offering support.

Thing is, they take your money and then when you run into problems...you're on your own. It's companies like this that give the Joomla community and our entire ecosystem a bad name.

STAY AWAY FROM MIWISOFT AND ALL THEIR PRODUCTS. THEIR SUPPORT IS NON-EXISTENT.

RoyBrown
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RoyBrown » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm

I also purchased and used Mijoshop but after following this thread, noticing problems with 'compatible' extensions and the decline in support I ditched it and ported the pre-live store to Opencart 2.3 with "Journal - Advanced Opencart Theme" which I also highly recommend. Best decision I made.

Santana29
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Santana29 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi
I have the same problem : after I was ready to kill myself with Virtuemart, I discovered Mijoshop, and I really love it ! Well, I love Opencart and Joomla.
I already used it on several sites, but as every other users, now I have to wait for several weeks ... for a useless answer to my tickets, when there is an answer.
As I'm very stupid, I recently renewed the licence.

I would like to transfer all my Mijoshop sites to Joocart, but I'm not sure it's so simple and fast.

RoyBrown
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RoyBrown » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:58 pm

I used Cart2Cart to port my store from Mijoshop to Opencart (with Journal). Was quick and easy (<1 hour). Still had a fair bit of configuration to do once migrated. There are other migration tools available.

onestop
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by onestop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Santana29 wrote:Hi
I have the same problem : after I was ready to kill myself with Virtuemart, I discovered Mijoshop, and I really love it ! Well, I love Opencart and Joomla.
I already used it on several sites, but as every other users, now I have to wait for several weeks ... for a useless answer to my tickets, when there is an answer.
As I'm very stupid, I recently renewed the licence.

I would like to transfer all my Mijoshop sites to Joocart, but I'm not sure it's so simple and fast.
Actually the folk over at JooCart can do the migration for you or will provide step by step directions for doing so. It's quite easy.

Santana29
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Santana29 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 pm

OK. Thanks.
So, I'll do it soon.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”