JED Ticket without reply from more than 3 weeks

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
fdesanto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

JED Ticket without reply from more than 3 weeks

Post by fdesanto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am

Hi guys,
I have a ticket opened since 28 march 2017 (more than 3 weeks), can someone take a look to ticket #16185 or ticket #16227 ?

Regards

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: JED Ticket without reply from more than 3 weeks

Post by anibal_sanchez » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:07 am

Hi,

We are processing the queue in the fastest possible that volunteers can answer.

Every extension must be checked, replied and followed until it is finally published or rejected.

We start the process with a simple name check (where many developers fail to name the JED entry like the installed extension ) and we follow with several iterations on JED Checker output https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/jedchecker/. Finally, if we find discrepancies, we have to read the source code.

Overall, the whole process takes time. Additionally, we answer support tickets from the approved extensions (among other tasks).

Finally, in order for us to better assist you, please do not submit multiple tickets per issue. Duplicate requests will slow down response time and may delay resolution. We recommend that you do not update tickets unless it is absolutely necessary. Updated tickets are automatically sent to the end of the processing queue.

Best Regards,
@anibal_sanchez - Former JED Team Leader.

Prefix PHP Libraries & Projects: https://php-prefixer.com
My Extensions: https://extly.com

biirc
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by biirc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Anibal,

Thanks for all the explanation, is there a way to see the processing queue of extension submission / ticket ?

Stéphane

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by anibal_sanchez » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 am

Hi,

No, right now, there is no way to know the processing time of the queue.

You could have 300 tickets or 1 ticket to wait the same time.

Regards,
@anibal_sanchez - Former JED Team Leader.

Prefix PHP Libraries & Projects: https://php-prefixer.com
My Extensions: https://extly.com

efduggan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by efduggan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 pm

anibal_sanchez wrote:
No, right now, there is no way to know the processing time of the queue.

You could have 300 tickets or 1 ticket to wait the same time.
Hi,

yes, the amount of time per ticket will vary, but having the number of tickets in the queue and the date of the oldest ticket posted for the community would give some visibility into the queue.

regards,
Edmond

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 pm

efduggan wrote: Hi,

yes, the amount of time per ticket will vary, but having the number of tickets in the queue and the date of the oldest ticket posted for the community would give some visibility into the queue.

regards,
Edmond
with the way the jed and many other ticket systems operate is the same as waiting for a bus, your may bus may be due but there is no definition to the word due. it all depends on how long the one in front of you takes.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

efduggan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by efduggan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 pm

mandville wrote: with the way the jed and many other ticket systems operate is the same as waiting for a bus, your may bus may be due but there is no definition to the word due. it all depends on how long the one in front of you takes.
Agreed, but many public transportation systems give an ETA on the next bus's arrival. Why? It gives information that helps their customers make a decision on what to do about the situation.

Even modern operating systems show how long a file copy is going to take based on actual transfer rates. I'm old enough to have lived through the days of telecom modems where 1 Kb of data took long enough that transfer rates were shown on screen as a way to entertain the user :)

I'm not suggesting that the JED system guess at how long each ticket would take, but rather just a summary of how many tickets are in the queue and the submit date of the next ticket to be serviced, as perhaps the date of the oldest ticket in the queue.

I feel these simple suggestions on queue visibility might help reduce the frustration some developers are expressing with the current system.

regards,
Edmond

fdesanto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fdesanto » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:33 am

Hi,
thanks for your explanation anibal_sanchez, but why a ticket opened at 25 march was replied at 27 march (2 days) and ticket in the same category opened at 28 march is never replied after 1 month?

This ticket does not seem right in the queue. That is why I am asking for explanations here.
Finally, in order for us to better assist you, please do not submit multiple tickets per issue. Duplicate requests will slow down response time and may delay resolution.
I have opened 2 tickets for the same problem, I will be happy to close one of these 2 tickets but I can't because I have fear to lost priority and I does not understand how to work the queue. Maybe I will close wrong ticket, the first ticket was assigned 2/3 week ago but not replied, and the second the JED team have changed category 2/3 week ago but no replied.

Every extension must be checked, replied and followed until it is finally published or rejected.

We start the process with a simple name check (where many developers fail to name the JED entry like the installed extension ) and we follow with several iterations on JED Checker output https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/jedchecker/. Finally, if we find discrepancies, we have to read the source code.

Overall, the whole process takes time. Additionally, we answer support tickets from the approved extensions (among other tasks).
Extensions is unpublished due to PE1, it pass JED checker* and the name of extensions is not a problem because it was already in the JED

*JED Checker return 4 errors (due to base64), base64 term/function is used for translate return URL for example after a redirect to login form, and for image functions (javascript and PHP to parse embedded images). But this is normal thing. Check this require 2 minutes.

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Tue May 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi guys!

I think we have to consider a new process of how this JED tickets and system works. This is not acceptable whats going on now with the new JED improved and that should solve problems when moving away from Mosets Tree.

Pls escalate this questions to the working JED groups though the JED is very important for the whole Joomla community!

Thks!

fdesanto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JED Ticket without reply from more than 5 weeks

Post by fdesanto » Thu May 04, 2017 9:50 am

Hi,
5 weeks and no reply, this is very frustrating, can someone help me?!?!?

My tickets are totally ignored, I can't believe that in 5 weeks the JED team have no time to reply!!!!

TICKET 1 (OK)
I have opened a ticket #16165 at 25 march 2017 in "Unpublished Support"
Reply at 27 march (2 days, perfect) say "You need to download the JED Checker extension and check with that your package. PE1 means that the JED Checker can?t process the package for some reason." and ticket was closed by JED team

JED Checker reported that missing Update Server in XML, so I have added this, and make a test with JED Checker, result is ok*

TICKET 2 (NEVER REPLIED)
After uploaded a new package I have opened a new ticket #16185 at 28 march 2017 in "Unpublished Support"
After 10 days this ticket was assigned to a JED member and never replied.

In I'm not a genius, but seems that between ticket #16165 and ticket #16185 there are 20 records (16185-16165),
So:
alternative 1. Since 5 weeks JED team have replied only to 19 tickets?!
alternative 2. My tickets are ignored

TICKET 3 (NEVER REPLIED)
The first ticket (#16165) was replied after 2 days, so I was thinking: "Strange, ticket #16185 was not replied after one week!?". Then I have created a new ticket with the same argument of ticket (#16185), this new ticket id is #16227
After 2 weeks this new ticket was moved to "Unpublished Support" to "New Listing Support" but basically never replied

It's curious, 2 same tickets are manged with 2 differents ways, and in both cases not replied!??!

*JED Checker return 4 errors (due to base64), base64 term/function is used for translate return URL for example after a redirect to login form, and for image functions (javascript and PHP to parse embedded images). But this is normal thing. Check this require 2 minutes.

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”