Discuss Joomla 3.7.0

A place to discuss recent announcements made by the Joomla! Core Team. Let's hear what you have to say.
ChiefGoFor
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Discuss Joomla 3.7.0

Post by ChiefGoFor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Here you can discuss about the release of Joomla 3.7.0

See Announcement: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=949598
Joomla! ...because open source matters
"Try to answer two questions for every one question you ask." - Me

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Discuss Joomla 3.7.0

Post by leolam » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:43 pm

To all who have contributed to this release:

Job well done!

Leo ;)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

rbuelund
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by rbuelund » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Really great work !
Ronny Buelund
Coordinator of the Danish Joomla Translation Team: http://danskjoomla.dk
Owner of http://ableit.dk

timcsalmon
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by timcsalmon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Thank you Joomla - all sites updated without any problems and some great new features already found. Excellent work guys :)

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Is the best Joomla ever! :) Congrats all Joomla lovers!

sp001
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sp001 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 am

Awesome!
Great work guys!

AlghieriDDracul
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AlghieriDDracul » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:06 am

Sorry, but there are different issues I can't tell if they are related to Joomla or some extentions....

'till Ver. 3.6.X I had never problems with any updates.
With Ver 3.7:
- duplicated DB entries
- 1054 Unknown column 'client_id' in 'field list'

I need to reinstall the Core manually and set everything over!

ribo
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ribo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 am

I updated all my joomla sites without any issue.
chat room spontes : http://www.spontes.com

resabido
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by resabido » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:12 am

All seems correct, till I try to modify an article...then an error appears regarding time format...it is not recognized and gives an error "Incorrect Creation Date" and "Incorrect modification date"...and then creation date disappears...
Only way to put it again is going in the PHP administration, searching the article and retyping the creation date in the field...
Is there a way to solve that?
Thanks!

Edit: Time in date format is: %d-%m-%Y h: %M:%S So.....it does not pick correct time format...how can I solve tahr...as it does not show hour and picks minutes and secons as if they where hour and minutes...a mess!

resabido
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by resabido » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:42 am

resabido wrote:All seems correct, till I try to modify an article...then an error appears regarding time format...it is not recognized and gives an error "Incorrect Creation Date" and "Incorrect modification date"...and then creation date disappears...
Only way to put it again is going in the PHP administration, searching the article and retyping the creation date in the field...
Thanks!

Edit: Time in date format is: %d-%m-%Y h: %M:%S So.....it does not pick correct time format...how can I solve tahr...as it does not show hour and picks minutes and secons as if they where hour and minutes...a mess!
It seems that problem is with the newest catalan language package. Do not update it as you will have to go back!!
So...solved!

ribo
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ribo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 pm

There is an issue with System - Page Cache in redirect. Please check this viewtopic.php?f=710&t=949609&p=3471238#p3471238 and test it. I reported here https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/15593
chat room spontes : http://www.spontes.com

TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by TomT » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:37 pm

After updating all my sites and updating PHP to version 7, I added a second language to my own site and used a new component: Multilingual Associations. Nice.
And the administrator looks good to, to bad I updated all my sites so I can't compare it :). The next days I'm going to spent some more time with 3.7.

A BIG thanks to all the people who made this new Joomla! possible.

Tomek123
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Tomek123 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:47 pm

resabido wrote:
resabido wrote:All seems correct, till I try to modify an article...then an error appears regarding time format...it is not recognized and gives an error "Incorrect Creation Date" and "Incorrect modification date"...and then creation date disappears...
Thanks!

It seems that problem is with the newest catalan language package. Do not update it as you will have to go back!!
So...solved!
I have exactly the same problem with date format and I can not set publication date, etc. I am using polish language.

The problem was not with the update of the language pack. On version 3.6, after updating the language pack, everything still works fine.

I do not think I need to write how it will make it difficult to work with the site.

sg4dsiao
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sg4dsiao » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:00 am

Hi

After upgrading to Joomla 3.7.0, it seem that when creating a new articles, Joomla only show only Empty Categories rather than category with existing articles.

when we create a new articles and want to file article in a particular category, we are given category that we do not need.

Is there a problem with the upgrades?

I had create a issue tracker on this - https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/15613
Last edited by sg4dsiao on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

subrat
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by subrat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:21 am

Much faster and upgrade was easy.
Quality WebDevelopment at http://www.webworkwiz.com
Affordable hosting http://www.vsmhosting.com

sg4dsiao
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sg4dsiao » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 am

Seem the categories re-appeared after I had move from XXXX to Registered or Public

But I am using a superuser , why there are a changes of permission in this upgrade version.

sg4dsiao wrote:Hi

After upgrading to Joomla 3.7.0, it seem that when creating a new articles, Joomla only show only Empty Categories rather than category with existing articles.

when we create a new articles and want to file article in a particular category, we are given category that we do not need.

Is there a problem with the upgrades?

I had create a issue tracker on this - https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/15613

Bettinz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Bettinz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 am

I really don't understand why when a minor version with major features (aka unstable or with some bugs) is released you drop the security fix for the last branch.
What I mean is why someone need to choose between security and stability: If I have a strong release on my websites like 3.6.x why do I need to drop stability with a version with bugs like 3.7? Short answer: I don't. Not the day after 3.7 is released.
I know a project can't maintain a lot of versions, but leave websites insecure just because they want a stable website on last stable branch (3.6) released just few months ago it's an unique move that I can't understand.

jkrokar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jkrokar » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi,

First of all, new Joomla works much faster, thanks!

After upgrade I run to problem with reordering articles on front page. After reorder, new order is not saved! So, it doesn't work anymore.

Br,
Josip

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Bettinz wrote:I really don't understand why when a minor version with major features (aka unstable or with some bugs) is released you drop the security fix for the last branch.
What I mean is why someone need to choose between security and stability: If I have a strong release on my websites like 3.6.x why do I need to drop stability with a version with bugs like 3.7? Short answer: I don't. Not the day after 3.7 is released.
I know a project can't maintain a lot of versions, but leave websites insecure just because they want a stable website on last stable branch (3.6) released just few months ago it's an unique move that I can't understand.
Minor versions within one major series aren't treated as separate branches except for the purposes of developing new features. Everything from 3.0 until the last 3.x release is designed to be one continual flowing package, not a segmented set of branches that are maintained independently.

Bettinz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Bettinz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:19 pm

mbabker wrote:
Bettinz wrote:I really don't understand why when a minor version with major features (aka unstable or with some bugs) is released you drop the security fix for the last branch.
Minor versions within one major series aren't treated as separate branches except for the purposes of developing new features. Everything from 3.0 until the last 3.x release is designed to be one continual flowing package, not a segmented set of branches that are maintained independently.
And I totally agree with that, but for what I can see there are a some bugs on 3.7 with basic functions like blank pages on home, cache problems, extension compatibility, etc
Let me clear: I totally understand no-one can build the perfect version of any software without bugs, problem, etc, this is normal and everyone who use J! understand that. But, when new features arrive new bugs arrive too, and usually the x.x.0 version of every software contain problems that aren't allowed on professional websites.
This is why, until x.x.1 or x.x.2, developers release only security fix, so anyone can upgrade from x.x-1.x to x.x.2.
I know they are low level security issue and I'm not asking fixes for 2.5 (done in the past without lucky :D ), I'm just asking to remember users who can't upgrade to 3.7 the day after because of tedious bugs or extension compatibility, and provide them (at least users with 3.6) 2 minor versions of security fix. BTW, thank you for the reply ;)

sg4dsiao
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sg4dsiao » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Not only that the editor used to be WYSIWYG in Tinymce is missing after the upgrade to 3.7.0

It take more effort and time to change the font formating

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:00 pm

sg4dsiao wrote:Not only that the editor used to be WYSIWYG in Tinymce is missing after the upgrade to 3.7.0
I'm sorry, but I can't understand what it is that you are trying to say. Are you saying that TinyMCE is no longer present following the upgrade? This is not my experience.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.0 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.1.0 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

sg4dsiao
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sg4dsiao » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:07 pm

JAVesey wrote:
sg4dsiao wrote:Not only that the editor used to be WYSIWYG in Tinymce is missing after the upgrade to 3.7.0
I'm sorry, but I can't understand what it is that you are trying to say. Are you saying that TinyMCE is no longer present following the upgrade? This is not my experience.

It is still there except the format is lost after pasting from ms word.

Ms word font is arial 18 --->> paste to article become tahoma 9.

Prior versions of Joo last 3.65, copy from ms word arial 18 ---> paste to Joomla article become arial 18

ashiqullahmg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ashiqullahmg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:10 pm

After upgrading from 3.6.5 to the latest version 3.7.0 I got a problem on my website. The problem is that I can't use saf advance link. I mean I can't remove article id from url.
I need a solution rather than waiting for new version.
I want to go back to the old version of joomla for that facility or feature.

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:42 am

Hi I want to check if someone else have problem with ReCaptcha after upgrade?

I cant get ReCaptcha to work on one site I update, the only site I update so far..Got this error message

You'll need to setup your Site key in order to use reCAPTCHA

I also did a new Google ReCaptcha v 2 site and secret key but not work..

joensen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by joensen » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:01 am

Hi, I have upgraded to Jommla 3.7.0, it worked well as well as it works on the backend.

When I went to the page frontend, the page could not be displayed, only blank page - no error message.
I have the restored page back to Joomla 2.6.5

Joomla 3.7.0, Update Now!
All extensions are updated.
Backup is up to date

Someone who can help
Last edited by joensen on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 am

joensen wrote:Hi, I have upgraded to Jommla 3.7.0, it worked well as well as it works on the backend.

When I went to the page frontend, the page could not be displayed, only blank page - no error message.
I have the restored page back to Joomla 2.6.5

Joomla 3.7.0, Update Now!
All extensions are updated.
Backup is up to date

Someone who can help
Did you test with backend "Manage" --> Database --> Fix?

Did that help you pls confirm?

also check your extensions and template so they are compatible with Joomla 3.7

andrewl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andrewl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:44 pm

I updated around 30 websites yesterday and a few of them are having the same issue - articles are showing intermittently.

I thought I'd solved it by just re-linking the article to the menu item but on one site, the homepage and a number of others pages are simply not showing.

Whilst the one site I'm having particular issues with does use K2, some of the pages are Joomla articles and some of them are K2.

I've cleared the cache on Joomla and on the browser. I've ran the database fix and tried a few things with Akeeba Admin Tools.

All with no luck. Certain pages seem to still only show intermittently.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

jedlad
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jedlad » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 pm

I have just upgraded my website from 3.6.5 to 3.7. All has gone well except for one thing. Whenever I try and get onto the Featured Articles management page I get the following error message:

An error has occurred.

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '44,45' at line 1

The system then sends me back to the Control Panel. I haven't written any SQL, this is a core Joomla function where I am just clicking on an option to move to a different place in the back end.

I created the article on the Article page by clicking on New and then made it a Featured Article without a problem. It is just when I try to go the Featured Article page that the problem occurs. The article is published on the site OK somewhere in the middle of the existing Featured Articles. I would have expected it to display either at the top or the bottom of the page, but that's a minor point at the moment.

The major issue is that I can't access the Featured Article management page at all. Is this likely to be due to a clash between an extension and Joomla 3.7?

Derk356
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Derk356 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:53 am

The cause of the first problem (frontend editors cannot move articles to another category) found,
I assume this is a bug.

Let's say we have three categories, A,B, and C.
If you have a menu item Add article, and set default category to yes under options and choose a category to C,
you go to category A (viewed as a blog-layout in my case), edit an article, the category dropdownlist under
published is greyed out, so you cannot move the article to B for example.
If you set the default category option to no (for the add article menu item, which should be totally unrelated), the category dropdown lists will be available througout the entire site. <- read Edit:

I don't know this forum very well, maybe this should be reported in another thread?

Still looking for a solution for problem two, see my previous post! :)

Thanks for your time.

Derk

Edit: Note that the articles in category A were created via add article to default category C, and moved afterwards, in the past. And I also have an add article to default category D menu item, which does not do harm to the A,B,C categories.

Return to “Announcements Discussions”