Joomla! and JasperReports

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
domin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla! and JasperReports

Post by domin » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Was wondering if anyone has documentation or can point me in the right direction with respect to using JasperReports with Joomla!. 

Thanks in advance...

bascherz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla! and JasperReports

Post by bascherz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:41 am

I'm guessing this is so outdated you've either found a solution or gave up. Hit me up if you want some input. Although I haven't used the JasperReports Server with a Joomla! site to automate on-demand report generation, I have used and continue to use JasperReports Designer to design reports that contain data queried directly from a Joomla! database.
Bruce Scherzinger

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:44 am

http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

bascherz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bascherz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:13 am

That's not the question. The question is how to call or send a request (an existing report) to the JasperReport Server application from a PHP application for rendering and subsequent download as a PDF file. Presumably, this Java application is listening on some IP port and has some sort of API. I really haven't looked deeply into it. But I believe that was the basic premise of the original question.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Bruce S.
Bruce Scherzinger

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”