module manager - Menu Assignment problem

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
barnea10
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

module manager - Menu Assignment problem

Post by barnea10 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:42 pm

hi
I run into this problem :
creating or edit module - Menu Assignment,
choosing - only on the pages selected
shows the list of menu items to assign my module to,
but from the middle of page the list of menu items and checkboxes gets horizontal ...
and its selected even if i choose "none" - see img attached
please advice if you run into this problem and solved it
thanks
barnea10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Studio Barnea
http://www.Kbarnea.com
Joomla Experts In Israel

barnea10
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: module manager - Menu Assignment problem

Post by barnea10 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:29 am

any one knows ?
Studio Barnea
http://www.Kbarnea.com
Joomla Experts In Israel

Voel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Voel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Did you solve this problem?, I have the same........
Can not find a solution.

gongmeister
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gongmeister » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Guys

I feel your pain..I left the same question yesterday in joomla 3 general questions section...I had one reply telling me to remove menu items that should not be in that menu and then do a rebuild....

The question is, how the hell can you have a menu item in a menu that shouldnt be there????? (doesnt even make sense lol...)

Anywayz, I have the same god damn problem and not a single person (so far ;) ) knows how to solve this. its driving me f mad...

can you guys let me know if you solved this issue pls

many thanks gongmeister

iowaguy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by iowaguy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:44 pm

I had this problem and was able to fix it. In my menu assignments in the module manager i had 3 menus, menu #1 appeared correct and from the 3rd link in menu #2 down was messed up like the image you attached. I went to menu #2 in menus and went to the 3rd link and moved it to the next position by clicking and dragging. This actually fixed my problem in the menu assignment. I also wanted to note that the 3rd link in menu #2 was also the first unpublished like I had, which I left it unpublished and just moved the position to fix... hopefully that all made sense

Voel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Voel » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 pm

@iowaguy
Did the same trick and it worked! Thanks for sharing

iowaguy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by iowaguy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Also - found that for some reason it was showing menu items were listed as being children of a parent, then when I would look at the menu items details it would show that it was on the "Root" so i just had to go into those few items and do a "Save & Close" without making any changes... which that is basically what re-positioning was doing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

espadaydaga
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by espadaydaga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:15 pm

2 cents: Removing any items that have incompatible components or plugins also works.

aaafly
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aaafly » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:26 pm

Worked! thanks
iowaguy wrote:I had this problem and was able to fix it. In my menu assignments in the module manager i had 3 menus, menu #1 appeared correct and from the 3rd link in menu #2 down was messed up like the image you attached. I went to menu #2 in menus and went to the 3rd link and moved it to the next position by clicking and dragging. This actually fixed my problem in the menu assignment. I also wanted to note that the 3rd link in menu #2 was also the first unpublished like I had, which I left it unpublished and just moved the position to fix... hopefully that all made sense

Bensys954
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Bensys954 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi, I have this problem.
I have tried moving sub menu items up and down as outlined below; but this did not work for me.
I had this problem and was able to fix it. In my menu assignments in the module manager i had 3 menus, menu #1 appeared correct and from the 3rd link in menu #2 down was messed up like the image you attached. I went to menu #2 in menus and went to the 3rd link and moved it to the next position by clicking and dragging. This actually fixed my problem in the menu assignment. I also wanted to note that the 3rd link in menu #2 was also the first unpublished like I had, which I left it unpublished and just moved the position to fix... hopefully that all made sense
Has anybody else experienced this problem and how did you fix it please?

Thank you.

Bensys954
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Bensys954 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:56 pm

I managed to fix this. I had built my website over a template. The menu system was large. I deleted all the menus that were not needed. This fixed the problem for me.

iowaguy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by iowaguy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Bensys954 wrote:I managed to fix this. I had built my website over a template. The menu system was large. I deleted all the menus that were not needed. This fixed the problem for me.
Glad you were able to get it sorted out!

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”