[SOLVED]application/opensearchdescription+xml

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
baltihorse
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[SOLVED]application/opensearchdescription+xml

Post by baltihorse » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Hey everyone,
I've been working on a new website for the company I'm working at, and out of the blue this link has appeared at the top of every page on my website:
HealthDox" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" />

Now I don't mind that it exists because from what I've researched it's a good thing to have. The problem is, it's visible as a black bar at the top of all of my pages. I don't recall ever even seeing this link or anything related to it as I've been going through and making changes to the site.
So I've exhausted every resource I can think of (Joomla forums, Google searches, and going through the opensearch.org website) and I have gotten close to finding out the problem but not how to solve it. I've found two documents that reference this OpenSearch application, both are .php files but it looks like I need to find a .xml file, which seems to be nonexistent. I feel like I've pored over every file that looks relevant, but to no avail.

I would really appreciate any guidance/direction in how to solve this, especially since I have no way of contacting the author of the template. Big thanks!

Here are some details:
Joomla! version 1.7
Template: BeFirst
Host: RochenHost
Extensions: Breezing Forms, Maxi Menu CK, Nivo-Szaki Slider, Maxi Menu CK Params, and Insert Article.
Last edited by toivo on Fri May 04, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mod note: locked topic to stop attracting necro posts

dontflinch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: application/opensearchdescription+xml

Post by dontflinch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:39 pm

I've also posted about a similar issue here:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=688331

if you'd like to keep an eye there as well. I am going to keep an eye on this thread too, but I do not think this has anything to do with SEO.

baltihorse
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: application/opensearchdescription+xml

Post by baltihorse » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:04 pm

I got the fix! It was way easier than I originally thought, and I can post this on the other thread so hopefully it helps there too! Here is a link to a screen shot of my source code before the fix:
http://content.screencast.com/users/JDR ... 1_1001.png

The highlighted area shows that the <span> tags in the title were interfering with the rest of the code. The site name is in my config.php file, so all I had to do was take the <span> tags out of the site name and it was fixed!

jdran
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: [SOLVED]application/opensearchdescription+xml

Post by jdran » Thu May 03, 2018 9:42 pm

If you remember what did you do, post it again, as your screenshot is dead. It is always a good idea to describe what the image is about because few years later, it may be inaccessible and it doesn't help others who may have the same problem. Thankfully, I am not one of them, just got interested at the topic.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Thu May 03, 2018 10:00 pm

Necro-posting is never a good idea in a self-help forum. It draws attention away from current issues and it can lead to forum accounts being suspended or banned.

This topic was created over six years ago. Asking someone to update the information they may have posted (long after they've forgotten about it) is almost asking the impossible: it's highly likely that the OP (who was last active on the forum on 17-Mar-2012) has no recollection of this topic; they may not even be using Joomla ... who knows?

@jdran: if you have a question that relates to the subject, I suggest that you create a new topic for it. J! 2.5 is dead and all-but-cremated; there is no support for this version of J! and you're probably wasting your time seeking a "solution" w.r.t. outdated/unsupported software.

@forum-moderators: please lock this topic. The topic may have served a purpose years ago but that time has long passed. 8)

jdran
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jdran » Fri May 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Point noted and my apologies for this. No need to be aggressive though. According to the rules, necroposting is not referred as a reason to ban or suspend an account if not on a regular basis.
My apologies to everybody and regards.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”