Age in the Header?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Age in the Header?

Post by MyFirstPage » Fri May 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi
Some Years ago your local Trade office had an short presentation about website building and get right with the law.
The told us to set an Information in the Header for which age your Contend on the Page is.
Like <16 or for +18 who can read out by 3rd Party Plugins and Tool. I could not find any information about.
Does anyone know how does it work? :-[
Thanks

John C
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Age in the Header?

Post by John C » Wed May 31, 2017 9:55 pm

Http:// www.metatags.org/meta_name_rating
is the best I can find. Normally I would not worry about it, not sure of anyone on a standard site would need to or does. If you have content that should not be viewed by children then having a tag is not enough and there needs to be a barrier, and or clear policy's on the site.

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:39 am

I think its an EU law who require it.
Are any other of this Tags for the Age think?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:34 am

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 am

You are not referring to Cookie Control?
No
The Cookie think is a different topic.
Its for "child protection". A while ago someone say the Software who is used by Schools read out that Tags and Block the page if its for +18 for example.

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Does anyone know an other way to Mark the Website as safe for children than use the his Tag:
<meta name="rating" ?
Thanks

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm

How are you going to determine the age of the person visiting your site?

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 pm

how are you going to determine the age of the person visiting your site?
I dont need to.
Its just for the law. :D The most People ignore it but a Website (here) must have some kind of Tag or something else for Children Protection Software. The should read out the Tag when someone else behind the Software open the Page and the Software get Access or block the Page. For example when I say its for +12 and the Children Protection Software is set for 0 the Page (should get) blocked. :D
Its like the Games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Europ ... ge_ratings
When a Game is rated to 16 and you set 12 the also should get blocked by an Software.

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Where is here and can you link us to the appropriate law?
Article 8 of GDPR deals with the processing of personal data of a child. Each EU country has set what it deems the appropriate age for the legislation.
viz "Where point (a) of Article 6(1) applies, in relation to the offer of information society services directly to a child, the processing of the personal data of a child shall be lawful where the child is at least 16 years old. Where the child is below the age of 16 years, such processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
Member States may provide by law for a lower age for those purposes provided that such lower age is not below 13 years.
"

Austria set it at age 14.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:06 pm

No the dont have anything today with the GDPR.

https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/GeltendeFassu ... r=20000267

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:17 am

That legislation in Vienna is aimed at protecting young people from harm or harmful behaviours. With respect to digital media it seems to define specifically the -

Section 10 Sub section 1 Promote aggression and violence (eg softguns or weapons imitations where there is a likelihood of confusion with real weapons), glorify or downplay criminal acts of inhuman brutality or violence;

Discriminate against people because of their race, skin color, national or ethnic origin, their sex, their sexual orientation, their religious confession or their disability or

the representation of a human dignity disregarding sexuality.

If you are offering such content the Act allows a number of migitations.
Anyone who independently, regularly or on a regular basis offers, passes on or otherwise makes available media, data carriers, objects or events within the meaning of subsection (1) shall ensure that young people are protected by suitable provisions, in particular by spatial delimitation, time restrictions, inscriptions or supervision

Depending on your content a clear warning on the page or an age verification page may suffice rather that some code in the header.
The JED has age verification plugins.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Again its not nectary to check the Age of an Person.
I must give the Information for which minimum Age my Contend is.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:38 pm

i think people are getting confused by the terminology here...
what i think you want to do is show that your site is child friendly to the likes of netnanny and kidsafe and other parental control methods.
you might want to look at the meta tag rating

[*]general
[*] mature
[*]restricted
[*] 14 years
[*] safe for kids

https://www.metatags.org/meta_name_rating
BUT like red traffic lights its not always observed. even google safesearch admits it doesnt.
some old names like http://www.icra.org/ have gone, and the big companies now rely on manual approval or checking via rating sites.
https://www.w3.org/PICS/raters.htm
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:58 pm

This topic was created in the "General Questions / New to Joomla! 3.x" forum category. There is no built-in feature of J! 3.x that will do what the OP wants. I have asked the forum moderators to move this topic to "The Lounge" forum category.

@MyFirstPage: good luck. You need to find an extension. Look in the JED or use Google.

Return to “The Lounge”