Just a few thoughts I Have

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
CookieOfficial5
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Just a few thoughts I Have

Post by CookieOfficial5 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:43 am

So about a month ago I switched to Joomla after Paying for a premium subscription to WordPress and Having a major error and them having me restore but every time the restore failed. I have to say I love Joomla much better I find it easier to handle content management and in the future to expand to a community site where members can submit posts easily. I love the support the community has to offer and find waiting a few hours or just searching the forums I can find most answers to my topics. The Extention community is rich and has so many neat plugins to tweak the site in little ways and using the module system to add what I need or want to display to certain user groups. So I am so happy switching to Joomla and want to thank the volunteers for all the help they give us :)

H13
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Just a few thoughts I Have

Post by H13 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:00 am

+1
- Phoca Cart - e-commerce platform for Joomla!
- Phoca Gallery - powerful image gallery - http://www.phoca.cz/phocagallery/
- Phoca Restaurant Menu - http://www.phoca.cz/restaurantmenudemo/
- Phoca Download - download manager for Joomla!

bruno28
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bruno28 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:15 pm

+1
Cordialement, Bruno28 :)
Joomla! 3.9.20 - php 7.4
www.bp2i.fr - www.moneglisesurle.net

colourrich
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colourrich » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Glad you're finding Joomla easy to use! It's nice to see someone moving from Wordpress, rather than the other way around.

Jaydot
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Jaydot » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Since there's no "like" button: +1 :)
The fact that an opinion is widely held is no evidence whatsoever that it is not utterly absurd.
Personal website: https://jaydot.nl

wagner2010
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wagner2010 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm

CookieOfficial5 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:43 am
So about a month ago I switched to Joomla after Paying for a premium subscription to WordPress and Having a major error and them having me restore but every time the restore failed. I have to say I love Joomla much better I find it easier to handle content management and in the future to expand to a community site where members can submit posts easily. I love the support the community has to offer and find waiting a few hours or just searching the forums I can find most answers to my topics. The Extention community is rich and has so many neat plugins to tweak the site in little ways and using the module system to add what I need or want to display to certain user groups. So I am so happy switching to Joomla and want to thank the volunteers for all the help they give us :)
That's awesome you made the switch from Wordpress to Joomla! I do have to ask though, why were you paying a premium subscription to Wordpress? When I used to use Wordpress in the past, I never had to pay for it. It always came with my hosting.

Gianluca-Oddle
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Gianluca-Oddle » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:40 pm

wagner2010 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm
CookieOfficial5 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:43 am
That's awesome you made the switch from Wordpress to Joomla! I do have to ask though, why were you paying a premium subscription to Wordpress? When I used to use Wordpress in the past, I never had to pay for it. It always came with my hosting.
I was thinking the same thing, I've never paid for wp (especially not premium). I suppose it doesn't really matter now as you've already made the move to Joomla though - onwards and upwards.

Return to “The Lounge”