Please help - how repair a partial old installation?

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Please help - how repair a partial old installation?

Post by Scorpio47 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Hello,

This is my first visit here and I have to start with a probably not so common question....

I have "inherited" a collection of files from an old website (done with Joomla 170 apparently) and I could upload all files to my server under the domain "virtual-nato.com" (if you care to have a look...).

However there are lots of erros popping up, many if not most referring to the missing data base it seems.

So my question is this:
Is it possible to import and/or repair this damaged installation into the latest version of Joomla?
Is there a tutorial or other help on how to do that?
Would it be possible to use the collection of files and images without the original data base?

THANK YOU for your help already in advance!
Kind regards
Scorpio47
Last edited by toivo on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to 2.5 on request

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Please help - how repair a partial old installation?

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:52 pm

The site in that domain is not made with Joomla.

The content of a Joomla site is located in the database. The files does not have any value, except the images.

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Thank you Per Yngve for your lightning fast reply....

From what I have been told it was done in 2005 or 2006 with Joomla by a Norwegian person who unfortunately died soon after, so that it is not possible to learn more....
However there is a directory "Joomla170" present and I thought that would be "proof" that it was done with that old version of Joomla....

If it was not Joomla, can you give me a hint or possible candidate with which is WAS made?

THANK YOU and have a great start into the new week!
Jürgen

P.S.
It seems that man was Einar Kristiansen who posted this: https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=18177

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Scorpio47 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:03 pm
If [the website was not built with] Joomla, can you give me a hint or possible candidate with which is WAS made?
If you are serious about wanting assistance with this issue, I suggest you use the Forum Post Assistant reporting tool (details and instructions are given in the pink area near the top of this page). ;)

If the website was built in 2005-06 then, chances are, it was built with J! 1.0 and that software is dead, not supported and you're lucky that the site hasn't (yet) been hacked ... or maybe it has and this explains why it doesn't work. If there's a folder called Joomla170 present in the file structure, this may indicate an attempt to migrate the website to J! 1.7 which is also dead, unsupported and vulnerable to attack.

Just by looking at the domain, I cannot see any indications that Joomla was involved with it at all, sorry.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:31 pm

A complete rebuild may be required. It could also be possible that the site might run if an older php version is used on the server. If changing the php version gets the site displayed then you could possibly copy/paste some of the text.

In any case you need to run the fpa and post the results here. Also you could create a localhost on your PC with Wamp and install Joomla there. That will help you understand how Joomla works and understand the advice that you are given after we see the fpa report.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Thank you Webdongle!

That sounds a bit hopefull, but just a bit I am afraid :-(

I can display the files if I use the full path in the URL, but the internal links are broken it seems and result in a chain of errors for the main reason that the data base is missing.

But I shall use the Assistant, have already downloaded it, not yet installed though.
Once I know a bit more, I will come back here with the outcome from the fpa.

Thank you, gentlemen, and have a great week ahead,
Cheers
Juergen

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:20 pm

You dont install the fpa
You
Download it
Unzip it
Upload fpa-en.php
Point your browser at site.com/fpa-en.php
Then a few clicks and select all (in the box) then copy/paste

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:35 pm

... and it can all be done in less than 10 minutes ... ;)

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:00 pm

yeah, but it is mignight over here and my bed is calling now... ;-)
Good night and thank you!

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Hello gentlemen:

I have done as suggested and can now paste the output of fpa here below....
As I understand this, the website has no traces of any version of Joomla, so Per Yngve was probably right :-(

But I still hope to get some kind of help on what can be done with that set of files and perhaps some guidance on how to proceed with a minimum of extra tuning.
THANK YOU!!!
Jürgen

*****************************************PASTE*******************************
Problem Description :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.3 (Frosty)) : 29th July 2018 wrote:Damaged installation received from someone
Log/Error Message :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.3 (Frosty)) : 29th July 2018 wrote:main problem is missing data base I assume
Actions Taken To Resolve by Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.3 (Frosty)) 29th July 2018 wrote:uploaded to my server and tried to inspect and find solutions
Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.3 (Frosty)) : 29th July 2018 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Not Found
Joomla! Configured :: Not Found

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 3.13.0-153-generic | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate | Doc Root: /www/htdocs/v132492/nato-virtual.com/ | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 230.96 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 5.5.38-nmm2 | PHP API: apache2handler | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 1 | Error Reporting: 22519 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Open Base: /www/htdocs/v132492/:/tmp:/usr/bin:/www/htdocs/v132492:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share/php:/dev/urandom | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 200M | Max. POST Size: 200M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 256M

Database Configuration :: Database Credentials incomplete or not available Nothing to display.
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (5.5.38-nmm2) | date (5.5.38-nmm2) | ereg () | libxml () | openssl () | pcre () | zlib (2.0) | bcmath () | bz2 () | calendar () | ctype () | dom (20031129) | hash (1.0) | filter (0.11.0) | ftp () | gettext () | SPL (0.2) | iconv () | json (1.2.1) | mbstring () | posix () | Reflection ($Id: dc76d2fe0f3e9c327c1d4ca617d94e26c7fae98d $) | session () | standard (5.5.38-nmm2) | shmop () | SimpleXML (0.1) | soap () | exif (1.4 $Id: 74b652b3ebe78882b8006d49c17cac029fe8a5d0 $) | sysvsem () | sysvshm () | tokenizer (0.1) | wddx () | xml () | xmlreader (0.1) | xmlwriter (0.1) | zip (1.11.0) | apache2handler () | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $) | PDO (1.0.4dev) | ADOdb () | curl () | dbase (5.1.0) | fileinfo (1.0.5) | gd () | gender (1.1.0) | gmp () | http (1.7.6) | imagick (3.4.1) | imap () | interbase () | intl (1.1.0) | ldap () | mailparse (2.1.6) | mcrypt () | mongo (1.6.8) | mssql () | mysql (1.0) | mysqli (0.1) | OAuth (1.2.3) | odbc (1.0) | pdf (2.1.9) | pdo_dblib (1.0.1) | pdo_mysql (1.0.2) | PDO_ODBC (1.0.1) | pdo_pgsql (1.0.2) | pdo_sqlite (1.0.1) | pgsql () | Phar (2.0.2) | pspell () | recode () | SourceGuardian (11.1.0) | sqlite3 (0.7-dev) | tidy (2.0) | xsl (0.1) | mhash () | ionCube Loader () | Zend Guard Loader () | Zend Engine (2.5.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::
Disabled Functions :: exec | system | passthru | shell_exec | popen | escapeshellcmd | proc_open | proc_nice |

Switch User Environment (Experimental) :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Custom SU (LiteSpeed/Cloud/Grid): No
Potential Ownership Issues: Maybe

Apache Modules :: core | mod_log_config | mod_logio | prefork | http_core | mod_so | mod_actions | mod_alias | mod_auth_basic | mod_auth_digest | mod_auth_mysql | mod_authn_file | mod_authz_default | mod_authz_groupfile | mod_authz_host | mod_authz_user | mod_autoindex | mod_cgi | mod_deflate | mod_dir | mod_env | mod_expires | mod_fastcgi | mod_filter | mod_geoip | mod_headers | mod_include | mod_mime | mod_fpcgid | mod_negotiation | mod_php5 | mod_proxy | mod_proxy_http | mod_qos | mod_reqtimeout | mod_rewrite | mod_security2 | mod_setenvif | mod_speling | mod_ssl | mod_status | mod_suexec | mod_unique_id | Apache |
Potential Missing Modules :: mod_security | mod_evasive | mod_dosevasive | mod_userdir |

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 pm

If there is no configuration.php file present, we may presume that Joomla was never installed. Is there a installation folder present? This folder is removed at the end of the installation.

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:00 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 pm
If there is no configuration.php file present, we may presume that Joomla was never installed. Is there a installation folder present? This folder is removed at the end of the installation.
I am not sure, Per Yngve, if this is what you mean:
there is folder called Joomla170 present in the root directory of the site.

Hope this helps.
Thank you
Jürgen

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:04 pm

that folder contains this file

<?php
class JConfig {
public $offline = '0';
public $offline_message = 'This site is down for maintenance.<br /> Please check back again soon.';
public $sitename = 'Sample';
public $editor = 'tinymce';
public $list_limit = '20';
public $access = '1';
public $debug = '0';
public $debug_lang = '0';
public $dbtype = 'mysql';
public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'root';
public $password = '';
public $db = 'joomla170';
public $dbprefix = 'ard_';
public $live_site = '';
public $secret = '10a3kKeWj6dnlIPp';
public $gzip = '0';
public $error_reporting = '-1';
public $helpurl = 'http://help.joomla.org/proxy/index.php? ... r}:{keyref}';
public $ftp_host = '127.0.0.1';
public $ftp_port = '21';
public $ftp_user = '';
public $ftp_pass = '';
public $ftp_root = '';
public $ftp_enable = '0';
public $offset = 'UTC';
public $offset_user = 'UTC';
public $mailer = 'mail';
public $mailfrom = '[email protected]';
public $fromname = 'Sample';
public $sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
public $smtpauth = '0';
public $smtpuser = '';
public $smtppass = '';
public $smtphost = 'localhost';
public $smtpsecure = 'none';
public $smtpport = '25';
public $caching = '0';
public $cache_handler = 'file';
public $cachetime = '15';
public $MetaDesc = '';
public $MetaKeys = '';
public $MetaAuthor = '1';
public $sef = '1';
public $sef_rewrite = '0';
public $sef_suffix = '0';
public $unicodeslugs = '0';
public $feed_limit = '10';
public $log_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\Joomla170/logs';
public $tmp_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\Joomla170/tmp';
public $lifetime = '15';
public $session_handler = 'database';
}

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Yes, this is the configuration.php file.

it's been running on a PC using XAMPP.

This is the configuration for the database:

public $dbtype = 'mysql';
public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'root';
public $password = '';
public $db = 'joomla170';
public $dbprefix = 'ard_';

Without the database, there is nothing you can do.

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:15 pm

I had already feared that....

Can I create a new database and use that?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 pm

@Scorpio47: I'm going to save everyone a lot of time by giving you a simple answer to your last question. The answer, very simply, is no.

You have some problems with an old website. From the looks of things, it was a website that is a kind of portal to other sites. One of the external sites was developed in Wordpress (from the looks of things); another site was constructed as a standalone forum. There is no Joomla website here.

You wrote that you have a folder named /joomla170; this folder has one file named configuration.php. As far as we know, there are no other files in this folder. So, let's be very clear about this: you cannot rebuild an entire website from one file named configuration.php just by creating a database and, somehow, attaching the database to this file.

As I wrote earlier in this topic, the existence of a folder named /joomla170 merely suggests that, at one time, someone thought it might be a good idea to experiment with Joomla but they abandoned that idea.

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello sozzled

thank you for being pretty clear, but you are wrong in at least one statement...
The folder Joomla170 contains 13 subfolders from administrator to tmp, and it holds a total of 7 files, two of which are the php files configuration.php and index.php

So you still may be right with the suggestion that someone playes around with that version of Joomla, but I do not really know anything more, because the person who did that page has died in the meantime....

Very probably I shall have to manually copy as much as possible into a new version to honor its creator.

THANK YOU for your support and have a good start into the new week,
Cheers
Jürgen

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:06 pm

I wasn't "wrong"; you hadn't given us information about what was contained in the /joomla170 folder. We can only give our advice based on the completeness of information.

Let's suppose that the folder contains some kind of Joomla installation ... just for the sake of argument and to waste more time. What's in it? When was the Joomla installation last used and where? (As @Per and I both observed, there are references to this "site" having existed on a PC-hosted server at one time.)

Theoretically, if the domain under which the "Joomla" site exists is http://virtual-nato.com then it should be reasonable to expect that entering http://virtual-nato.com/joomla170 would resolve to something. Well, it doesn't. Because the URL doesn't resolve then how do you expect to access it?

So, the real question is simple: what directory does http://virtual-nato.com point at? That's something you need to look into with the way you've setup the domain on the webserver. Until you figure out how to reference the "Joomla website" (and whatever it may contain), you need to figure out the URL/address that people need to access it.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:28 pm

Put fpa-en.php in /joomla170 then point the browser at it. But if you you don't have a database you don't have a site (make sure the xampp database service is running.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:31 pm

@Webdongle: how can you point your browser at it? The folder /joomla170 isn't reachable. :eek:

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:47 am

Good morning Gentlemen:

@sozzled: Please forgive me my wording if that offended you, but I did not know how to say it otherwise (plus English is a foreign language for me, mothertongue is German...). All I wanted to say is that there IS a folder named Joomla170 in the root folder (which is here on the server: /www/htdocs/v132492/nato-virtual.com/).
Also the domain is not virtual-nato.com but nato-virtual.com (the first one exists also, but is redirected to virtual-nato.org).

I am not sure, but I think that with a browser you cannot display the contents of a folder on a server, but you should be able to open a FILE in that folder, like for instance one of the two present in that folder.

Anyway, be that as it may, I understand that it close to impossible to do anything with the old files I inherited due to the missing database.
I was told that the database could not be copied in those days, only the files I now have in my hand....

@Webdongle: I shall do as you suggested and upload the results in another post hereafter hoping that you might be able to find some more information that can be used (or the confirmation that it will be better to forget this whole project perhaps....)

Please view the next reply just below...
Cheers Juergen

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:49 am

Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.3 (Frosty)) : 30th July 2018 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 1.7.0-Stable (Ember) 19-Jul-2011
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 11.1-Stable+Modified (Ember) 01-Jun-2011
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Read-Only (644) | Owner: --protected-- . (uid: 1/gid: 1) | Group: --protected-- (gid: 1) | Valid For: 1.7
Configuration Options :: Offline: 0 | SEF: 1 | SEF Suffix: 0 | SEF ReWrite: 0 | .htaccess/web.config: No | GZip: 0 | Cache: 0 | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: N/A | FTP Layer: 0 | Proxy: N/A | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 15 | Session handler: database | Shared sessions: N/A | SSL: N/A | Error Reporting: -1 | Site Debug: 0 | Language Debug: 0 | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: 0 | dbConnection Type: mysql | PHP Supports J! 1.7.0: Yes | Database Credentials Present: No |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 3.13.0-153-generic | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate | Doc Root: --protected-- | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 228.55 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 5.5.38-nmm2 | PHP API: apache2handler | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 1 | Error Reporting: 22519 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Open Base: /www/htdocs/v132492/:/tmp:/usr/bin:/www/htdocs/v132492:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share/php:/dev/urandom | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 200M | Max. POST Size: 200M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 256M

Database Configuration :: Database Credentials incomplete or not available Nothing to display.
Missing credentials detected: Database Password missing |
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (5.5.38-nmm2) | date (5.5.38-nmm2) | ereg () | libxml () | openssl () | pcre () | zlib (2.0) | bcmath () | bz2 () | calendar () | ctype () | dom (20031129) | hash (1.0) | filter (0.11.0) | ftp () | gettext () | SPL (0.2) | iconv () | json (1.2.1) | mbstring () | posix () | Reflection ($Id: dc76d2fe0f3e9c327c1d4ca617d94e26c7fae98d $) | session () | standard (5.5.38-nmm2) | shmop () | SimpleXML (0.1) | soap () | exif (1.4 $Id: 74b652b3ebe78882b8006d49c17cac029fe8a5d0 $) | sysvsem () | sysvshm () | tokenizer (0.1) | wddx () | xml () | xmlreader (0.1) | xmlwriter (0.1) | zip (1.11.0) | apache2handler () | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $) | PDO (1.0.4dev) | ADOdb () | curl () | dbase (5.1.0) | fileinfo (1.0.5) | gd () | gender (1.1.0) | gmp () | http (1.7.6) | imagick (3.4.1) | imap () | interbase () | intl (1.1.0) | ldap () | mailparse (2.1.6) | mcrypt () | mongo (1.6.8) | mssql () | mysql (1.0) | mysqli (0.1) | OAuth (1.2.3) | odbc (1.0) | pdf (2.1.9) | pdo_dblib (1.0.1) | pdo_mysql (1.0.2) | PDO_ODBC (1.0.1) | pdo_pgsql (1.0.2) | pdo_sqlite (1.0.1) | pgsql () | Phar (2.0.2) | pspell () | recode () | SourceGuardian (11.1.0) | sqlite3 (0.7-dev) | tidy (2.0) | xsl (0.1) | mhash () | ionCube Loader () | Zend Guard Loader () | Zend Engine (2.5.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::
Disabled Functions :: exec | system | passthru | shell_exec | popen | escapeshellcmd | proc_open | proc_nice |

Switch User Environment (Experimental) :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Custom SU (LiteSpeed/Cloud/Grid): Yes
Potential Ownership Issues: No

Apache Modules :: core | mod_log_config | mod_logio | prefork | http_core | mod_so | mod_actions | mod_alias | mod_auth_basic | mod_auth_digest | mod_auth_mysql | mod_authn_file | mod_authz_default | mod_authz_groupfile | mod_authz_host | mod_authz_user | mod_autoindex | mod_cgi | mod_deflate | mod_dir | mod_env | mod_expires | mod_fastcgi | mod_filter | mod_geoip | mod_headers | mod_include | mod_mime | mod_fpcgid | mod_negotiation | mod_php5 | mod_proxy | mod_proxy_http | mod_qos | mod_reqtimeout | mod_rewrite | mod_security2 | mod_setenvif | mod_speling | mod_ssl | mod_status | mod_suexec | mod_unique_id | Apache |
Potential Missing Modules :: mod_security | mod_evasive | mod_dosevasive | mod_userdir |
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (755) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (---) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: SITE ::
Core :: com_wrapper (1.7.0) | com_mailto (1.7.0) |
3rd Party:: WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_MEDIAPLAYER_JCEPLAYER_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_POPUPS_WINDOW_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_PASTE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_INLINEPOPUPS_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_LAYER_TITLE (2.0.12) | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.0.12) |

Components :: ADMIN ::
Core :: com_content (1.7.0) | com_newsfeeds (1.7.0) | com_languages (1.7.0) | com_cpanel (1.7.0) | com_messages (1.7.0) | com_checkin (1.7.0) | com_config (1.7.0) | com_login (1.7.0) | com_search (1.7.0) | com_weblinks (1.7.0) | com_modules (1.7.0) | com_redirect (1.7.0) | com_users (1.7.0) | com_templates (1.7.0) | com_menus (1.7.0) | com_media (1.7.0) | com_admin (1.7.0) | com_plugins (1.7.0) | com_cache (1.7.0) | com_categories (1.7.0) | com_banners (1.7.0) | com_installer (1.7.0) |
3rd Party:: GCalendar (2.2.8) | JCE (2.0.12) | Editor - JCE (2.0.12) | com_kunena (1.7.0) | System - Kunena (1.7.0) | plg_system_kunena (1.7.0) |

Modules :: SITE ::
Core :: mod_users_latest (1.7.0) | mod_languages (1.7.0) | mod_articles_latest (1.7.0) | mod_feed (1.7.0) | mod_banners (1.7.0) | mod_custom (1.7.0) | mod_weblinks (1.7.0) | mod_articles_category (1.7.0) | mod_login (1.7.0) | mod_wrapper (1.7.0) | mod_random_image (1.7.0) | mod_stats (1.7.0) | mod_articles_news (1.7.0) | mod_articles_popular (1.7.0) | mod_syndicate (1.7.0) | mod_search (1.7.0) | mod_menu (1.7.0) | mod_breadcrumbs (1.7.0) | mod_whosonline (1.7.0) | mod_footer (1.7.0) | mod_related_items (1.7.0) | mod_articles_archive (1.7.0) | mod_articles_categories (1.7.0) |
3rd Party:: GCalendar Next Event (2.2.8) | GCalendar Overview (2.2.8) | GCalendar Upcoming Events (2.2.8) |

Modules :: ADMIN ::
Core :: mod_toolbar (1.7.0) | mod_status (1.7.0) | mod_feed (1.7.0) | mod_custom (1.7.0) | mod_title (1.7.0) | mod_login (1.7.0) | mod_submenu (1.7.0) | mod_latest (1.7.0) | mod_menu (1.7.0) | mod_popular (1.7.0) | mod_logged (1.7.0) | mod_quickicon (1.7.0) |
3rd Party::

Plugins :: SITE ::
Core :: plg_extension_joomla (1.7.0) | plg_search_weblinks (1.7.0) | plg_search_newsfeeds (1.7.0) | plg_search_contacts (1.7.0) | plg_search_content (1.7.0) | plg_search_categories (1.7.0) | plg_editors-xtd_image (1.7.0) | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (1.7.0) | plg_editors-xtd_article (1.7.0) | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (1.7.0) | plg_authentication_gmail (1.7.0) | plg_authentication_ldap (1.7.0) | plg_authentication_joomla (1.7.0) | plg_system_p3p (1.7.0) | plg_system_redirect (1.7.0) | plg_system_sef (1.7.0) | plg_system_remember (1.7.0) | plg_system_logout (1.7.0) | plg_system_cache (1.7.0) | plg_system_debug (1.7.0) | plg_system_log (1.7.0) | plg_system_languagefilter (1.7.0) | plg_content_vote (1.7.0) | plg_content_pagebreak (1.7.0) | plg_content_pagenavigation (1.7.0) | plg_content_loadmodule (1.7.0) | plg_content_joomla (1.7.0) | plg_content_geshi (1.7.0) | plg_content_emailcloak (1.7.0) | plg_user_profile (1.7.0) | plg_user_joomla (1.7.0) | plg_user_contactcreator (1.7.0) |
3rd Party:: plg_editors_tinymce (3.4.3.2) | plg_editors_codemirror (1.0) | Editor - JCE (2.0.12) | Search - GCalendar (2.2.8) | Google Maps (2.131c) | plg_system_kunena (1.7.0) | Content - GCalendar Next Event (2.2.8) |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: SITE :: beez_20 (1.7.0) | atomic (1.7.0) | beez5 (1.7.0) | virtual omega 30_3 (1.3) |
Templates :: ADMIN :: hathor (1.7.0) | bluestork (1.7.0) |

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:47 am

@Scorpio47: I wasn't offended at all by anything you've written. :)

I've been playing "catch-up" trying to find where your J! 1.7 website lives (not that it really matters).
Scorpio47 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:34 pm
I have "inherited" a collection of files from an old website (done with Joomla 170 apparently) ... under the domain "virtual-nato.com" ...).
That information is incorrect. This explains why the URL http://virtual-nato.com/Joomla170 doesn't work. The domain name is wrong.
Scorpio47 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:47 am
... there is a folder named Joomla170 in the root folder [but] the domain is not virtual-nato.com [as I wrote in the beginning] but nato-virtual.com ...
This explains why http://nato-virtual.com/Joomla170 does work! Well, it doesn't work, of course, (because the configuration is wrong and there's probably no database attached to it) because the J! site is broken but it's different to "Oops! That page can't be found", isn't it? ;)

Without the database, the J! website cannot be salvaged. It's as simple as that. I wrote earlier,
sozzled wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 pm
@Scorpio47: I'm going to save everyone a lot of time by giving you a simple answer to your last question. The answer, very simply, is no.
I can't be clearer than that.

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:58 am

Hello sozzled:

yes I hear you loud and clear and the last straw may be the fpa results I uploaded....

As to the domain name, again my bad, but the ORIGINAL domain was the one I mentioned in my earlier posts, but on MY server I installed the files in nato-virtual.com. So that is where they are now and can be accessed individually with the full path and file name.

So, as I too laready said earlier, with the database missing there is a slight chance or even no chance at all to reuse those files of my late friend... :(

I am just waiting for a reaction from Webdongle now and then will "rest my case" ;)

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am

The only thing that can be rescued is the Template and the Images.
As the template is for J1.7, it may not work with the current version of Joomla without modifications.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:39 am

@Scorpio47
The database is the site ... all the files do is put/get data to/from the database and display it. You appear to have files (from a localhost) uploaded to the server ... so at some stage there probably was a database. Is there a database on localhost or on the server ?

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am
The only thing that can be rescued is the Template and the Images.
As the template is for J1.7, it may not work with the current version of Joomla without modifications.
I understand, thank you, just had hope that more could be possible :(

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:39 am
@Scorpio47
The database is the site ... all the files do is put/get data to/from the database and display it. You appear to have files (from a localhost) uploaded to the server ... so at some stage there probably was a database. Is there a database on localhost or on the server ?
Sorry, there is nothing more than what is now on the server and was analysed by fpa.
It is quite possible that there was a database on a localhost long time ago, but there is nothing like that on my PC now.
I am pretty sure that there WAS a database, do not know where, but in any case it is lost and that is why it seems close to impossible to resuse these files for a new site.

So I am afraid I have to start from scratch if I wanted to use what I have here.... >:(

THANK YOU and have a great day
Cheers
Jürgen

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Suggest you use Wamp on localhost ... create a folder in the wamp64/www folder and install Joomla with sample data. You can create a second folder in the /www folder and install Joomla without sample data.

Scorpio47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scorpio47 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Hello Webdongle:

thank you for your help and suggestion to use Wamp on localhost.... At this moment this is still Greek to me, but I shall learn more about this and Joomla in general and then perhaps try to manually copy as much over from the old site to a new one as possible and hope that in the end I can have a website similar to that of my late friend.

So, off to study and learn! :)

Take care and enjoy everything you do,
Kind regards
Jueren

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”