Notation Date at Module Latest News

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Jeannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Notation Date at Module Latest News

Post by Jeannette » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:02 pm

I've put the module Latest News in the bottom of my website.
The modules shows the latest published articles. That's fine for me. But it shows the date that i've created the article. I want to show the date of publication with the article. Where can is change this???

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Notation Date at Module Latest News

Post by waarnemer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Yes you can. When in "administrator" by changing the settings in global (articles) or menu item for this view (options) from "show creation date" to "show published date".

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by SharkyKZ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Can you clarify which module are you talking about. Is it Articles - Category module?

Jeannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Jeannette » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:53 pm

waarnemer wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 pm
Yes you can. When in "administrator" by changing the settings in global (articles) or menu item for this view (options) from "show creation date" to "show published date".
I have done that. Ik works fine with the published articles on the news page. But not in the module Latest news. There shows the creation date

Jeannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Jeannette » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:57 pm

SharkyKZ wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:37 pm
Can you clarify which module are you talking about. Is it Articles - Category module?
Articles Latest News which is standard for Joomla

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by SharkyKZ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:21 pm

I see now, it is Articles - Latest module. This module has no option to show article date. If it appears in your module, it's because your template has an override of this module. To change the date shown you need to edit the override. This is done through Template Manager or directly through FTP. Alternatively, you could just use Articles - Category module which has an option to show the date and an option to select which date to show.

Jeannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Jeannette » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:28 pm

aminsaleh wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:41 pm
waarnemer wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 pm
Yes you are right
I've done that! I works out fine when posting an article in a blog or at a news page. But doesn't work in the module!

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 pm

According to the documentation—https://docs.joomla.org/Help39:Extensio ... News—there doesn't seem to be the option to display the Published Date instead of the Creation Date. I should note that the screenshot shown in that article is not current (for J! 3.9).

I don't use the Articles - Newsflash module myself but, when I tested it, I didn't see any date.

The Articles - Newsflash module is intended to be used with very short (one paragraph) and short-lived (i.e. "newsy" or announcement) articles to draw people's attention to something that's important. There's a limit what is important, isn't there? For most purposes, if people want to display a list of recently-created articles (and display the dates when those articles were published), I would recommend using the Articles - Latest module instead.

Articles that are included in the Articles - Newsflash module can be ordered by Published Date (or by other means). Unless you change the layout of the module, I can't see any means to display any date(s) within the module.

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by waarnemer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:55 pm

I sort of misread the first post. I missed the module part... my bad... but on the module

mod_articles_latest only has the option to show a list (by title) of articles.. it does not show any date unless you add it to your template override.

My guess is (like Sozzled) you are using newsflash module (mod_articles_news)

mod_articles_news (newsflash) will show the full article but without the dates.. If you need it you will need it to be added to your template override.

Default Joomla Views do not have these dates, since you do have, I expect this is from your template (override) you may want to check that and make some modifications there to reflect the correct date.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”