Can't post a new page

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mjc0501
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't post a new page

Post by mjc0501 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:47 pm

I am using version 1.0.15, yes we realize this is way outdated. We will address that later. Right now, I am trying to post a new page to the web site. I'm logged in as a super admin, and have control over the site. BUT when I publish the page, it shows up with a lock on it and says it was never fully finished publishing.

Am I missing something? Or is there an issue with our joomla? If I am missing something, please, tell me what that is.

Thank you.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Can't post a new page

Post by sozzled » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:03 pm

There is an issue with **your** Joomla yes. 8)

J! 1.0.15 became obsolete and unsupported nearly eleven years ago (see https://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/pro ... 005071.php). Perhaps you've been asleep at the wheel?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 pm

The lock means that someone editing the article closed the window. Do a check in.

mjc0501
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mjc0501 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:06 pm

I did a global check in and the page is still not showing up on the front end of the site, also went back and published it again. When I go the the front of the site, and run a site search on the page the page comes up in the search but when you click on the link, you get this message instead of the page

"You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login."

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:31 pm

A Check In makes the padlock go away and you can edit the article again. Check what access level you have set.

mjc0501
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mjc0501 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:21 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:31 pm
A Check In makes the padlock go away and you can edit the article again. Check what access level you have set.
I have super admin access. I went back to it and posted it, saved it, applied it, and posted and it is still not showing up.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:00 am

1) Is the article set to Public?

2) Is the article marked as Frontpage?

mjc0501
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mjc0501 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:36 am

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:00 am
1) Is the article set to Public?

2) Is the article marked as Frontpage?
Yes it is set as public, and no it is not set as front page. We have a section of products and this is an added product and it won't show up once we publish it. It's there but you have to be logged in to see it.

feeling1
I've been banned!

Post by feeling1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

This is quite an old issue. I encountered the same problem, although my Joomla is on version 3.8.

You may check the source of the problem by setting error reporting to maximum in the Global Configuration via Global Configuration > Server Tab > Error Reporting. From there, I saw that the problem was caused by a plugin, which was not used. I deactivated the plugin- this fixed the problem.

This is how I determined the source of the problem. On the administration, I raised the error reporting to maximum: Global Configuration > Server tab > Error Reporting (changed from System Default to Maximum)

I saw the following errors: Notice: Undefined variable: plugin in */home5//public_html/plugins/system/connectdaily/connectdaily.php on line 42

Fatal error: Call to a member function logError() on null in
luxury watches/home5//public_html/plugins/system/connectdaily/connectdaily.php on line 42*

I deactivated the connectdaily plugin. The fix worked. I am now able to add and edit articles again.

I am still not sure where the connectdaily plugin is used for. If ever the website will need it, I will just reinstall the plugin.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:59 pm

feeling1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm
This is quite an old issue. I encountered the same problem, although my Joomla is on version 3.8.
Your problem has absolutely nothing in common with this discussion topic. Perhaps you can't "post a new page" but look at the first post in this discussion. This discussion relates to someone who is using J! 1.0.8, not J! 3.8.something!

Perhaps you have not heard of topic hijacking?

Anyway, J! 3.8.whatever is also outdated. J! 3.8.0 was released in September 2017. How about you update your website to the current version of J! (i.e. 3.9.2) and, in future, look more carefully where you post your questions and read the forum rules.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:03 pm

@sozzled its word press spam from feeling1.....

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Thanks, @gws, a quick check of the "connectdaily" thing shows a relationship to WP. Damn nuisance these forum grafittists, eh?

The OP hasn't returned to the topic in over two months. Maybe we should just ask the forum moderators to lock this damn thing?

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”