Cannot give users editor permission Topic is solved

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
cheapjack
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Cannot give users editor permission

Post by cheapjack » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:43 pm

I have just done my first proper Joomla site. Version 3.9 with Protostar Template and JCE Editor.
I now want to give a couple of users permissions to create new articles in certain categories and to edit all the articles in those categories.
This appeared straightforward and I followed the instructions, creating a user group with Parent Editor, giving that group permission to edit the categories and articles, and adding a new user to that user group.
However, from the backend the user can see the articles but there is no link to edit them. It can create an article but cannot edit it afterwards.The Advanced permissions report shows a tick for create but a cross against all articles including the ones I want them to edit.
Have allowed every sort of edit everywhere I can find including the template but am now out of ideas. What have I missed?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Cannot give users editor permission

Post by leolam » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:12 pm

cheapjack wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:43 pm
I have just done my first proper Joomla site. Version 3.9 with Protostar Template and JCE Editor. What have I missed?
Just follow the frontend editor example as distributed with JCE and adapt where needed

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

cheapjack
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cheapjack » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Don't think it's to do with the editor. I have edited JCE profiles and even changed back to TinyMCE, with no effect. If I make them a SuperUser the edit icons appear on the front end but any other level they disappear.

cheapjack
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cheapjack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Finally sorted this by going through and changing all users permissions to inherited. Then save and only change the ones I need to allow. Must have had some parent group denying access to the group I set up.

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”