Whats the best Joomla Hosting?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
Billyspencer
I've been banned!

Re: Whats the best Joomla Hosting?

Post by Billyspencer » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Try cloudways. There you can deploy in many servers such as Google Servers, Linode or DigitalOcean

DaveOzric
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by DaveOzric » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Siteground is the best shared hosting for Joomla. Secure, very fast and excellent support. If you really want to save money and use them to become a reseller and you can get the bottom tier for the lowest price forever. Otherwise, sign up for 3 years at the discount rate.

brendanhedges
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by brendanhedges » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:04 pm

kontetinto wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:35 pm
Ganny thank you for great post about your experience with these 2 companies. I was long ago user of SiteGround but wanted to test Gator too. did anyone tested A2?
I am using A2 at the moment, so far, so good. But time, and problems, or lack of, are the real proof. I also have an account at Arvixe. I tend to use A2 for anything new as they have free https. That's the main reason for moving away from Arvixe as they only offer paid for https, and that gets expensive with multiple sites. Another good feature for A2 is that they have a perpetual scan for vulnerabilities and as soon as a patch is available for your CMS they tell you and apply it, if you don't.

When I shopped for A2 I also considered Siteground, but, to me, they did not represent as good as value for money as A2.

DaveOzric
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by DaveOzric » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Siteground has the same SSL service and it's free. They also will auto-update WordPress or Joomla. They both look somewhat similar but Siteground has stellar reviews and doesn't seem much different price-wise.

A2 looks interesting but I did not look into it. I researched Siteground extensively and have been using them for a few years and they are all they say they are. They also monitor the usage of the accounts very closely so no single account hogs or ruins the node for all the accounts. A common issue with cheap shared hosting. They also isolate the accounts with proprietary methods to prevent the server hacking issues like places like Blodaddy is plagued with.

Lastly, saying there is unlimited this and that is a lie. It's common practice to say this on shared hosting but it's not true. They certainly have a limit. I did not see any information A2's Email system but imagine the offer email. Another thing Siteground does is layout every detail so you know what you get. How many emails per hour that can be sent, storage limits per email account, etc. Very transparent.

Gany
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Gany » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 am

I'm using A2 Hosting for a couple of sites, and they are pretty darn good. What I don't like in Hostgator is when your site is infected, they tell you. But not where or what. That's $25 extra. Fixing it is another $$$ extra. A2 Hosting is the same in price, but not only do they tell you where and what is infected, they also clean it. Free of charge.

brendanhedges
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by brendanhedges » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:55 pm

DaveOzric wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Lastly, saying there is unlimited this and that is a lie. It's common practice to say this on shared hosting but it's not true. They certainly have a limit. I did not see any information A2's Email system but imagine the offer email. Another thing Siteground does is layout every detail so you know what you get. How many emails per hour that can be sent, storage limits per email account, etc. Very transparent.
This is a very valid point to consider. I am not sure what Siteground offer, but A2 has unlimited most things, including disc space. The aspect I always ask about is the 'node' allowance. Because, although you maybe able to host 100 websites on an 'unlimited' package, if the node allowance is on 50k it's not gonna be suitable. A2 give me 600,000 nodes on my unlimited package. Which should be more than enough for what I need.

I just had a look at siteground and their services are quite limited when compared to A2. The biggest disk space, offered is on their GoGeek option and it is only allocated 450,000 nodes.

StartUp - 150 000 nodes, 10 gig space, 1 website
GrowBig - 300 000 nodes, 20 gig space, unlimited websites
GoGeek - 450 000 nodes, 30 gig space, unlimited websites

Arvixe, on the other hand do not cap their nodes at all, or their disc size. And as far as I can see, there is an infinity symbol by every item in my cpanel for the specs of the hosting account I have. The only downside to Arvixe other than the https thing is that they were bought out by EIG a couple of years ago and from that instant, their customer service went down the pan.

I suppose there are other things to consider like customer service etc and how they deal with problems. These are often overlooked, especially if you are lucky enough to not need their help when problems arise.
I like the idea of added security and auto upgrades etc. I was unfortunatly hacked a couple of years ago, on Arvixe. They were no help at all, other than suspending my account until I got it sorted out. As the hack was so bad and there were so many infected files, I had to start from scratch and install backups I had luckily taken before the hack was noticed.

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:54 pm

This is a very old thread but it seems to be live in 2019 so I am replying.

To me the best Joomla Hosting is the one that is cheap. for example, GoDaddy has economy hosting for £14.00 per year and they also throw in a free domain in the first year. They have Linux as well as Windows hosting for the same price. this is not easy to find on their website because it is hidden so I've copied the links and kept for future reference. This is only for one site so if you have many clients you are handling then you need Monster, CloudAccess, SiteGround, HosGator etc who gives you unlimited websites.

Of course, this all depends on how computer savvy you are and how astute you are when they phone you to sell some other services. I.ve not had any problems with them and I know how to handle cold-calling by their sales staff.

brendanhedges
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by brendanhedges » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:26 pm

xfsgpr wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:54 pm
This is a very old thread but it seems to be live in 2019 so I am replying.
Yes, it is old, but still relevant :)

brendanhedges
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by brendanhedges » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:11 am

Checkout the ones that have been suggested many have a discount for the first signup!

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:02 am

I use cloudaccess, found through this website, i'm guessing they're set up for J!. Stuff changed around about a year or so ago with the trial hosting. What i like about them is now they'll let you develop your website without a bunch of ads breaking up the content (unlike wordpress) and then you can upgrade to paid hosting when you're ready. Have had no problems and the support is pretty good.

digitalgeekadam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by digitalgeekadam » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 pm

According to experience..... Godaddy hosting is the for Joomla CMS.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm

digitalgeekadam wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 pm
Godaddy = Godaddy, you want your head looking at if you use them.Search the forums you will find a lot of posts about the uselessness of Godaddy.

Dolios
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dolios » Wed May 01, 2019 6:42 pm

gws wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm
digitalgeekadam wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 pm
Godaddy = Godaddy, you want your head looking at if you use them.Search the forums you will find a lot of posts about the uselessness of Godaddy.
UGH. Godaddy with their horrible only phone support. I would recommend you to stay away from them. Try using vultr or digitalocean instead

pavanteja
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pavanteja » Thu May 02, 2019 10:20 am

Avoid EIG at all costs. I've had terrible experience with them. I heard good things about Siteground but never used it. I'm using Digitalocean and it's great considering that I can increase resources on weekends.

Achaa
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Achaa » Thu May 16, 2019 4:10 pm

I recently moved some sites because the host was purchased by GoDaddy.
At first, there was only a slight deterioration in service but very quickly it dive bombed.
My readers left in droves, so I had to bite the bullet and leave the contract some ten months early.

I would not recommend them.

tpaljr63
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tpaljr63 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm

In my Opinion - SiteGround (backups and cloning) of websites - 99% uptime better than GoDodgie GoDowny or Go(Whatevertermuwant).com

Shanee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Shanee » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 pm

They're not hosted, so you'd have to set the servers up yourself, but I'd always recommend either Digital Ocean or Amazon Web Services. Both are very bullet proof and will scale nicely to huge websites.

paulala
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by paulala » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:56 pm

We build our own VPS on digital ocean. Full control... Its great & pretty cheap
Warm Regards,
Paula Livingstone, Skydiving Instructor and Network Security Consultant
https://paulalivingstone.com
http://rustyice.co.uk

jonBuckner1
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by jonBuckner1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Siteground has excellent support

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 am

zonkd
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

What's the best Joomla server

Post by zonkd » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 am

I'm planning to move a Joomla site from its present server, but where?

Is there a server that wins the support of most Joomla folk, please?

Many thanks
paul
Last edited by imanickam on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged the topic with the topic https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=947828

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: What's the best Joomla server

Post by gws » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 am

Do you mean the best OS or the best host?

Jheroen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Jheroen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 am

What is the problem with the current hoster?
Met vriendelijke groet,
Jheroen
http://www.joomlapartner.nl, websites - maatwerk - migratie - design - onderhoud
http://www.joomlahostingsupport.nl, Joomla! hosting - prima support - concurrerende tarieven

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:43 am

I think its depend on how "big" your Joomla site is and the requirements. If small site you have many shared hosting that are ok but if your requirements is larger you have to make more analysis..this guy Michael have a presentation using Kubernertes scaling set up for Joomla https://www.richeyweb.com/blog/23-perso ... tion-notes a tips too Video You can watch the presentation online at UserGroup.tv: http://usergroup.tv/videos/scaling-joomla.. https://www.richeyweb.com/forum/suggest ... a-projects

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Any recommendations of the hosting package for Joomla? How about BL and Arvixe?

Post by Webdongle » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:58 pm

1and1
In the uk Pixelinternet
Last edited by toivo on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: merged with the current topic
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

deleted user

Re: Any recommendations of the hosting package for Joomla? How about BL and Arvixe?

Post by deleted user » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Not the answer for most people in this forum, but dead honest, I would rather run my own servers or pay someone to run a server than go to a shared hosting platform with a Joomla website in 2020. In general, I've had enough frustrations with the different hosting providers I've dealt with over the years, and found enough pain points in the WHM/cPanel configuration that I can deal with straight up server configuration on my own more efficiently now.

Plus, way too many shared hosting providers are going to a WordPress optimized or WordPress only solution. Which worries me about trying to run more complicated PHP applications on those servers. I don't see a lot of these companies doing a lot to support non-WordPress applications, and I worry they are going to upsell the crap out of getting people onto WordPress as it's going to be better for their business. I've already moved one of my straight up PHP applications off a shared hosting platform to my own server based on that concern (not to mention the major cost savings).

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:49 pm

What happened to the OP?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:09 am

The OP of the latest merged topic was spamming and got banned.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

BlackWoods
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BlackWoods » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:59 am

It seems most server 'optimized for WordPress' rather than optimized for Joomla.
Would we ever get the trend set for Joomla instead?

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by waarnemer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:14 am

any host advertising it is "optimized for wordpress" doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

each site, each situation, each location, each amount of daily visitors, each different use of extensions and plugins, each.....

..... there is no such thing as optimized till you know what you are optimizing for...

Return to “The Lounge”