Individual Category Navigation Ordering

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jed_keenan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Individual Category Navigation Ordering

Post by jed_keenan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm

I have set the Navigation Order to Alphabetical Descending in Global Configuration so that article categories where alphabetical ordering makes sense.
But,... I have article categories that need an alternative ordering. How do we set navigation ordering locally?
I have tried every pull down option in the menu item's List Layouts tab to no avail. Do I need to instead Hide Navigation?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Individual Category Navigation Ordering

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 am

List Layout -> Category Order should do it.

What template are you using? Test with Protostar.

jed_keenan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Individual Category Navigation Ordering

Post by jed_keenan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks very much for replying. I am using Helix3 and have deleted Protostar, of course noting not to do this again.
Changing the Catagory Order has no consequence. The Global Configuration setting overrides all local changes. I can change Global Configuration to Category and/or Date Order, which works as it should, but the local setting changes have no effect. I assume either a technical issue or an extension conflict is the cause, unless that is, it is a template override.

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 3.x”