WordPress to Joomla!

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
thatgrrl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

WordPress to Joomla!

Post by thatgrrl » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 am

I'm not the first person to ask about migrating sites from WordPress to Joomla! But, so far the answer seems to be JConverter which looks like an abandoned premium plugin/ extension. I'd rather not risk using it, or paying for it. The site no longer supports/ has documentation for the extension. The link from the Extensions Directory is 404.

Are there really no other options (not planning to use cms 2 cms) in all this time?

I have already started moving content over. But, it would be nice to make the job a little easier and keep comments with my posts. Not worried about moving images because the set up for the media files are too different from WordPress to Joomla!.

Is anyone secretly working on an extension to migrate from other CMS software? Or, is this a lost cause now with WordPress using their bloated block posts?

natecovington
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: WordPress to Joomla!

Post by natecovington » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Playing devil's advocate here, what is it about Joomla that requires you to migrate? Why not stick with WP?
I am available for professional Joomla support, consulting, and custom work:
www.covingtoncreations.com

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: WordPress to Joomla!

Post by john-doe » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 pm

How many articles / posts / pages is the site aproximately?
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”