Migrated 2.5 to upgrade - unable to access Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
gabriel3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Migrated 2.5 to upgrade - unable to access

Post by gabriel3 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:15 am

I have just migrated a Joomla 2.5 website to upgrade it on a test server. Everything seems fine, but when I try to access to administrator area, I get a blank page after login.

In my configuration.php I've changed DB and path variables.

I've set $error_reporting = 'maximum'; and still get a blank page.

Any idea?
Last edited by toivo on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x

gabriel3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Migrated 2.5 to upgrade - unable to access

Post by gabriel3 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Ok, I managed to display errors:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'JUserHelper' not found in 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/plugins/authentication/joomla/joomla.php:56 Stack trace: #0 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/libraries/joomla/user/authentication.php(306): plgAuthenticationJoomla->onUserAuthenticate(Array, Array, Object(JAuthenticationResponse)) #1 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/libraries/joomla/application/application.php(670): JAuthentication->authenticate(Array, Array) #2 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/administrator/includes/application.php(234): JApplication->login(Array, Array) #3 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/administrator/components/com_login/controller.php(57): JAdministrator->login(Array, Array) #4 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php(761): LoginController->login() #5 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/administrator/components/com_login/login.php(19): JController->execute('login') #6 /web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/libraries in 
/web/htdocs/www.myurl.com/home/ge3k/plugins/authentication/joomla/joomla.php on line 56

gabriel3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gabriel3 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:58 pm

I've solved in the most trivial of ways, re-uploaded the directories where filer reporting errors were: administrator and libraries.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Correct, the missing class 'JUserHelper' is defined in the file libraries/joomla/user/helper.php in Joomla 2.5.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”