Webmaster wanted.

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
feste
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Webmaster wanted.

Post by feste » Tue May 28, 2019 4:38 pm

The site in question is http://lallans.co.uk The website belongs to The Scots Language Society, a registered charity whose aim and purpose is proclaimed in its title. They publish and promote the Scots language in various ways including producing CDs, with a current catalogue of some 250 titles, publishing a biannual magazine, and sponsoring and/or promoting occasional language collogues or meetings.

I am the current webmaster and have been for about a decade. There has been no falling out. The post is unpaid and I have done it purely out of interest and because I am able, but as a bus-pass holder I feel it is time for a change.

Duties are not onerous. Apart from keeping Joomla up-to-date, all that is required is an occasional new page for a CD or for the latest issue of the magazine. In all the time I have been webmaster I have never had to stir beyond my home and indeed have never actually met any of the other members of the society. Such contact as I have had by email or occasionally by phone have been entirely cordial. In case it might be of interest, my principle contact lives in Arbroath.

Anyone up for it?
Last edited by toivo on Tue May 28, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: fixed URL

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Webmaster wanted.

Post by john-doe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 pm

So the position is Unpaid.
The offer allows to hire somebody from abroad?
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

feste
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by feste » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Yes. But your question contains an implicit contradiction. 'Hire' suggests money whereas your opening sentence is a succinct and accurate summation!

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by john-doe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm

feste wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 pm
Yes. But your question contains an implicit contradiction. 'Hire' suggests money whereas your opening sentence is a succinct and accurate summation!
Sorry, since english is not my native language i always have some slips where i'm out of context.
Everyday you learn something new.

feste
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by feste » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 pm

No apology needed. I'm sure your English is a hundred times better than my 'Colombian'!

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by john-doe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 am

feste wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 pm
No apology needed. I'm sure your English is a hundred times better than my 'Colombian'!
LOL!

Spanish will be enough for it

Return to “The Lounge”