Children of a menu item move to another

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bobinski
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Children of a menu item move to another

Post by bobinski » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:54 am

If I reduce the access of a top-level menu item from Public to Registered all its children move to another top-level menu item.
This doesn't seem right to me.
Is it possible to change the whole set of children along with the change to their parent, or do I have to change every one individually?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Children of a menu item move to another

Post by toivo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:17 am

Unable to reproduce the behaviour when the top-level menu item was Menu Heading. Which menu item type was your menu entry at the top level of the menu?

It is best that the menu items are changed individually because menu structures and user requirements for viewing access levels of menu items are so different.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

bobinski
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Children of a menu item move to another

Post by bobinski » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 am

toivo wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:17 am
Unable to reproduce the behaviour when the top-level menu item was Menu Heading. Which menu item type was your menu entry at the top level of the menu?
They were all Single Article.
toivo wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:17 am
It is best that the menu items are changed individually because menu structures and user requirements for viewing access levels of menu items are so different.
I would like to change the whole tree in one hit rather than changing each one in exactly the same way - very tedious!

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”