Linking from second site to the main site Topic is solved

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
gofer123
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Linking from second site to the main site

Post by gofer123 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi folks,

Some advise please, I have a online shop selling various items, if I was to create another site (with it's own domain) this second site would list the same products with links to the main site. Will Google interpret this as "illegal" and would it help my rankings?
Would appreciate someone's help please.
Cheers
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x to the forum The Lounge

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Linking from second site to the main site

Post by sozzled » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:31 pm

There is nothing "illegal" in terms of advertising the same (or similar) products on different domains. Think about it: products that may appear on eBay, for example, may also appear on Amazon, or on any of dozens/hundreds/thousands of other online retailers. If it was "illegal" to advertise the same products on different domains then Amazon and eBay would be hauled over the coals for it.

Different domains also includes sub-domains. In other words, the sub-domain of a domain is considered to be a different domain as far as this discussion is concerned.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

gofer123
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gofer123 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:37 am

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:43 pm

What I know from my local Joomla Group there is a Tag (?!) or some Similar to show where ever that its a duplicated Contend.

Return to “The Lounge”