WP is everywhere Topic is solved

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: WP is everywhere

Post by waarnemer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:25 pm

@cowolter... that applies to the top 10 of LAMP stacked cms-es

one thing though.. open source indeed doesn't die.. but can be a lure into paid versions or service or is backed by the revenue made from derivated activity (oh my, are we talking WP now?)

or open source is indeed created and maintained by a community of developers backed by the enthusiasm of all that use it.. oh yeah! Joomla!

open source can die by the way.. look at all abandoned projects on github, gitlab, bitbucket, sourceforge (sort of is a patient itself nowadays)...

sailom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sailom » Mon May 04, 2020 3:22 am

@darb I agree with darb. Many big and reputable websites are not in the Joomla statistics.

Molk1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Molk1 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 am

WP is so easy to use! My little sister can learn to build a decent WP site in an afternoon. There is a plugin for everything, anything you need you just google it and there is millions of forums etc., basically I feel like I'm never really stuck. And you can build a profi looking site on a free theme, so all the broke students use it. Easy to optimize as well, for SEO, speed, everything.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Tue May 19, 2020 1:17 am

I will refer all my clients to @Molk1's sister to build their websites "in an afternoon". Will save me (and this forum) a lot of work. ;)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

A1Edy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by A1Edy » Tue May 19, 2020 1:50 am

I could be due to the simplicity of Wordpress
I rather Joomla over Wordpress for various reasons such as customization.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Tue May 19, 2020 4:42 am

Molk1 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 am
WP is so easy to use! My little sister can learn to build a decent WP site in an afternoon....
Then she could build one in 15 minutes with Joomla it has all the necessary extensions already installed.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue May 19, 2020 12:14 pm

how old is the little sister? mines 40 something.
agreed by the time you have searched for all the required extensions and installed and confgured then you could already have joomla up and running.
remember the old imac vs pc getting online advert?
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Tue May 19, 2020 2:33 pm

sozzled wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:17 am
I will refer all my clients to @Molk1's sister to build their websites "in an afternoon". Will save me (and this forum) a lot of work. ;)
yes this is Mullenwegs fake news factory here with one post and disappear hahaha People are smarter than understand this biased Wordpress marketing pr take over the world with fake news..

sailom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sailom » Thu May 21, 2020 1:38 pm

A1Edy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:50 am
I could be due to the simplicity of Wordpress
I rather Joomla over Wordpress for various reasons such as customization.
Yeah, customization. I love Joomla because it is easy to customize.
I still use Joomla to develop websites for my clients.
Hostneverdie hosting - https://www.hostneverdie.com

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:27 pm

cowolter wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:55 am
Because finding people that can customize wordpress or do some minor PHP scripting is easy, and long term maintenance is how they make their money. They aren't in it for cool technology, they make money by solving business problems and wordpress is an incredibly cost effective way of doing it. Plus, wordpress is open source and so it can't die.
Its same easy to find Joomla people and in my experience they also have a higher skillset than WP people in general so I think its true that many WP people only can do minor php scripting that is easy.

And Joomla is better suited for small medium sized business that also need a cms system that can handled more than a blog type of solution.

Yes both Joomla Wordpress have open source but Wordpress can be sold bcs its private owned so people there work for free to build up something for a guy that owns it.

Joomla is owned by its community that are all voluntairs = Open Source Matters.

There is some statistics about Joomla here that tells some more about Joomla too https://websitebuilder.org/joomla-statistics/

Return to “The Lounge”