New User created from frontend with an extra custom field containing the ID of the existing user

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
stefanobonzio
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

New User created from frontend with an extra custom field containing the ID of the existing user

Post by stefanobonzio » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi,
I need a site where each user could create (or import from csv) new users.
The issues I find are:
1) The new user must be provided with an extra field which contains the ID of the existing user who created it. I've created a custom field in the fields joomla table but I don't know how to fill it during the user creation procedure, as the new user ID still does not exist. This procedure must be executed from the frontend. I've tried with Fabrik but with no success

2) The new users (when imported from csv file) must be created with a fake email, structured like "random alphanumeric unique string" & "@mydomain.com". I need this because I don't know the new user's email at the moment of the creation. The right one will be provided later on.

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance
Stefano

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: New User created from frontend with an extra custom field containing the ID of the existing user

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Store the users in a separate table.

Write an Authentication Plugin for the table.

https://docs.joomla.org/Creating_an_Aut ... for_Joomla

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”