small-logo resizing in JL_company_free template

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.
svavakim
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

small-logo resizing in JL_company_free template

Post by svavakim » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi,
in my template JL_company_free template I have a module that allows to upload a logo image that is visible on the android mobile screen.

The problem is that the mobile logo appears too small on the mobile screen of www.stat.ch/en/

I took the advice to add a user.css code in my Protostar template to increase the size of the logo.
My question is: do I need to add the user.css code into the css folder of the Editor window of the Protostar template or in the Editor of the JL_company_free template?
I have added it now in both css folders (of JL_company_free and Protostar), but it doesn't change the size of my small-logo yet.

Is that the way to increase the size of my small-logo, is there a systematic error or does it need to be in overrides?

My website www.stat.ch is with the Joomla 3.9 backend and we didn't have Protostar template installed. I have added Protostarplus-eighteen now and I can only use one template as standard in Template Styles - so I left JL_company_free template as standard.

As attachment I show the user.css code that I have added in both css folders.

Can anyone comment and possibly help me?

Many many thanks, I am learning only slowly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: small-logo resizing in JL_company_free template

Post by imanickam » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:34 am

Be informed that the name of the file to contain the user defined (ie custom) css entries is not standardized across the templates.

In the template template jl_company_free (that is being used in the site referenced) the file that contains the user defined css entries is called custom.css - NOT user.css.

So, you have to make changes to the file custom.css that is located in the directory \templates\l_company_free\css. In addition, if you want to change the size of the logo in smaller devices such as cellphones then you have to make appropriate css entry that is media specific - Please refer https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp.

Note:
Make a copy of the file before editing it.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”