Lots of images, would love to upload via FTP but . Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Lots of images, would love to upload via FTP but .

Post by teddyearp » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 pm

Joomla doesn't seem to like it. I am using FileZilla and have had a heck of a time. First Joomla didn't like me using FTP to xfer the whole folder, so I created the folder first. Still, it will not show the thumbnails and the images do not show when inserting into articles.

The forum tool doesn't claim to support Apache 2.4.x so I have yet to use it.

my pho.info can be found here:

http://ted.servepics.com/info.php

Joomla, even though I have made the needed php.ini changes still limits me to one file, 10mb each. I've got maybe 10+ gigs.

TIA.

p.s. Ubuntu Server 20.04, Apache 2.4.x, PHP 7.4.3, Maria DB 10.x

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Lots of images, would love to upload via FTP but .

Post by sozzled » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:10 pm

There are too many issues here.

1) Filezilla: this is a standalone program that has nothing to do with J! Filezilla is a program that allows you to transfer files between your PC and your web server. I don't know where to begin to understand the issues you're having with it or how "Joomla doesn't seem to like it".

I've been using Filezilla for the past twenty or so years—long before I was using J!—and you can transfer one file, a folder full of files or folders full of files between your PC and the web server. If a folder contains sub-folders and the sub-folders don't exist at the destination then the sub-folders are created at the destination.

2) Thumbnails and images not showing in articles: I don't know about inserting thumbnails in articles except by resizing the original image and linking the resized image to display the full image. That's my understanding of thumbnails. JCE Editor has features that allow you do do this fairly easily. I don't understand what this has to do with FTP.

3) The forum tool doesn't claim to support Apache 2.4.x: What "forum" are you discussing? If you're talking about the Forum Post Assistant report generator, this is a file written in PHP. The FPA report generator requires PHP 5.6 or higher.

4) I have made the needed php.ini changes still limits me to one file, 10mb each. I've got maybe 10+ gigs. If you are using FTP then it doesn't matter what changes you have made to php.ini. If you are using J!'s media manager then you're limited to file sizes defined by J!'s media options. I haven't tried to transfer 10 Gbytes of data between my PC and my webserver. It would probably take about a thousand minutes (16½ hours) to do transfer that much via FTP. It's just not possible to transfer that much data—securely—using PHP.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:02 pm

Please clarify: are you uploading individual files that are 10 GB in size or a total of 10GB for all files (of varying sizes) but can't upload any one file more than 10 MB in size?

I agree with @sozzled; Filezilla simply uploads files - it doesn't create thumbnail images. You would create thumbnails of the images by duplicating them, and resizing them in an image editor.

There are also offline tools that can process images automatically and create the thumbnails which you then upload, and insert the smaller thumbnail into the article, and link to the larger image.

You could probably use a photo gallery tool for that - some might allow for inserting individual images into articles with a plugin (short-code), that displays the thumbnail, and opens the larger image in a light-box type window.

The "php info" that you have provided shows upload_max_filesize 1024M - and post_max_size 1024M which is 1GB not 10MB. There shouldn't be a problem with the Joomla Media Manager handling these 10MB files.

However, in Joomla Media Manager itself, I think you can set the upload limit under its options but it can't be more than the PHP.ini value (i.e. 1024M - 1 GB - in this case).

If you can run the FPA tool and post the report, it should report those same PHP values for the file and post limits. https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Probably a file permissions/ownership issue
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 am

Thank you guys for the responses. I was trying to not write a novel but in doing so, I made assumptions that you guys would assume certain things. And we know what they say about assumptions. And I made the biggest one. See, I tried to upload a whole folder at one time via the Media manager in the administrator panel of my Joomla 3.9.27, but Joomla 3.9.27 will only allow me to pick files and then that 10 meg limit threw me off as most of my pics are about ~3mb; so I figured I would only be able to upload three at a time. Besides the folder thing, I figured wrong. But . . .

I used Filezilla and dragged a whole folder from my local computer (client) to Joomla's (3.9.27) image folder. And the first time, it took about a minute for 200mb. With Filezilla, yes it did create the folder and copy all the containing files. In fact, I did have one folder with several sub-folders and it copied the whole tree just fine. So, yeah about 10gigs total would take near an hour. Anyways, when I logged into the admin panel (3.9.27 BTW) and selected 'Media" from that first control panel, this is what I got:
ImageError.jpg
So, I deleted the folder (actually had to do that via SSH and command line) and the error went away. Then via command line I created a folder and using Filezilla copied over the files I wanted to. This time I didn't get an error, but when I went again to the 'Media' selection and then into the sub-folder, the filenames where there and boxes were there, but the image boxes were blank. And I guess since those boxes show a preview and/or "thumbnail" normally, that is what I meant when I said "thumbnail" in my OP. So, on that tangent, I don't need to create thumbnails. When I tried to insert one of said images into an article (using JCE), all that inserted was a small blue 'box', like an editing box for images you would see in Word, albeit with a different border/padding.

At the end of the day, it would be nice to be able to just mass transfer what picture folders I want to to my Joomla site via Filezilla, I think the problem is then they're not in the database that way since it wasn't done through Joomla. And I have gone ahead and found that I can create the folder and then select multiple files and upload them that way. Longer, but error free.

NOW, if y'all know a way around that, please let me know. If you need me to use the "forum tool', yes, the Forum Post Assistant, that's what I meant, then I will; since it relies more on PHP than my Apache version.

p.s. @AMurray, when I go to "media" via the admin panel, I don't see an 'options' tab. Or did I make another bad assumption? OH, this is 3.9.27 BTW.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:55 am

teddyearp wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 am
when I go to "media" via the admin panel, I don't see an 'options' tab
Options is a button:
media-options.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:46 am

teddyearp wrote:
... it would be nice to be able to just mass transfer what picture folders I want to to my Joomla site via Filezilla, I think the problem is then they're not in the database that way since it wasn't done through Joomla.
Images are files; files are not stored in the database. When I want to mass transfer a bucketload of files, I use Filezilla.

As for the FTP layer in J!, don't use it! The FTP layer thing is a relic from a bygone era (and it's been removed from J! 4).

If you want further advice about what else may be impacting on your situation, use the FPA report generator. 8)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:28 am

@teddyearp
The 'Enable FTP' setting in Joomla's global config has nothing to do with using ftp to upload files via ftp. It is to do with file Ownership on the server. Make sure the setting in global config is set 'No'

https://docs.joomla.org/Why_can%27t_you ... ensions%3F explains why 'ftp layer' was originally used in Joomla
At the heart of the issue is file ownership. There are generally two main server users that end up owning your files - the FTP user, and the Apache/PHP user. Obviously, when you upload files using FTP, the FTP user ends up owning them. Therefore, if you give a file 755 permissions, then ONLY the FTP user can write to that file.

If you install Joomla! without the FTP layer, then the files it creates are owned by the Apache/PHP user. If you give the file 755 permissions, then ONLY the Apache/PHP user can write to that file. ...

https://docs.joomla.org/Should_PHP_run_ ... _module%3F explains why it is not needed on properly configured servers
CGI Mode on the other hand, is more secure because the server now manages and controls access to the binaries. PHP can now run as your own user rather than the generic Apache user ...
Posting the results of https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ will help the volunteers see if you have your settings correct.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 pm

toivo wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:55 am
teddyearp wrote:
when I go to "media" via the admin panel, I don't see an 'options' tab
Options is a button:

media-options.jpg
Oh, 'that' options button! Geeze, what a rookie mistake on my part. It's way over there, hehe. I'm going to have to poke around more in the back-end of this for sure. The FTP I have turned off. And I will get the Forum Post Assistant posting later.

Thanks again everyone.

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:51 pm

So, how many folks come back and say, all I got from your Forum Post Assistant was a blank page?

Ubuntu 20.04.1 Server, Maria DB 10.3, PHP 7.4.3, Apache 2.4.41.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Only the ones with a server that is very badly configured.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:07 pm

in php a blank page is an error page in disguise.

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:55 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:37 pm
Only the ones with a server that is very badly configured.
Am I in the Drupal forums? Nope, it does say Joomla, lol.

For the record, I do extensive searching of the internet for my answers before I dome here to bother you.

Sure has turned into a tough crowd since the last time I was here.
Last edited by teddyearp on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 pm

brian wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:07 pm
in php a blank page is an error page in disguise.
Thanks. I did edit my php.ini file to show errors and nothing showed, however when I ran a ls -l in my folder, fpa-en.php was not owned nor chmod'ed correctly, so that was the solution there.

So, to my situation, why can't I bulk upload folders into my joomla/image folder with Filezilla without giving Joomla erors: (perhaps enable FPM php handling?)
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.2) : 16-Jun-2021 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.9.27-Stable (Amani) 25-May-2021
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (755) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: true | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 15 | Session handler: database | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.9.27: Yes | Database Supports J! 3.9.27: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 5.4.0-74-generic | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) | Encoding: gzip, deflate | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 163.49 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.4.3 | PHP API: apache2handler | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: | Error Reporting: 22527 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 1024M | Max. POST Size: 1024M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 300 | Memory Limit: 512M

Database Configuration :: Version: 5.5.5-10.3.29-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 (Client:mysqlnd 7.4.3) | Database Size: 9.55 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix: 83 | #of other Tables: 110 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.4.3) | date (7.4.3) | libxml (7.4.3) | openssl (7.4.3) | pcre (7.4.3) | zlib (7.4.3) | filter (7.4.3) | hash (7.4.3) | Reflection (7.4.3) | SPL (7.4.3) | session (7.4.3) | standard (7.4.3) | sodium (7.4.3) | apache2handler (7.4.3) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 7.4.3) | PDO (7.4.3) | xml (7.4.3) | calendar (7.4.3) | ctype (7.4.3) | curl (7.4.3) | dom (20031129) | mbstring (7.4.3) | FFI (7.4.3) | fileinfo (7.4.3) | ftp (7.4.3) | gd (7.4.3) | gettext (7.4.3) | iconv (7.4.3) | imagick (3.4.4) | imap (7.4.3) | intl (7.4.3) | json (7.4.3) | ldap (7.4.3) | exif (7.4.3) | mysqli (7.4.3) | pdo_mysql (7.4.3) | pdo_pgsql (7.4.3) | pdo_sqlite (7.4.3) | pgsql (7.4.3) | Phar (7.4.3) | posix (7.4.3) | readline (7.4.3) | shmop (7.4.3) | SimpleXML (7.4.3) | sockets (7.4.3) | sqlite3 (7.4.3) | ssh2 (1.2) | sysvmsg (7.4.3) | sysvsem (7.4.3) | sysvshm (7.4.3) | tokenizer (7.4.3) | xmlreader (7.4.3) | xmlwriter (7.4.3) | xsl (7.4.3) | zip (1.15.6) | Zend OPcache (7.4.3) | Zend Engine (3.4.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::
Disabled Functions :: pcntl_alarm | pcntl_fork | pcntl_waitpid | pcntl_wait | pcntl_wifexited | pcntl_wifstopped | pcntl_wifsignaled | pcntl_wifcontinued | pcntl_wexitstatus | pcntl_wtermsig | pcntl_wstopsig | pcntl_signal | pcntl_signal_get_handler | pcntl_signal_dispatch | pcntl_get_last_error | pcntl_strerror | pcntl_sigprocmask | pcntl_sigwaitinfo | pcntl_sigtimedwait | pcntl_exec | pcntl_getpriority | pcntl_setpriority | pcntl_async_signals | pcntl_unshare | |

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Potential Ownership Issues: No

Apache Modules :: core | mod_so | mod_watchdog | http_core | mod_log_config | mod_logio | mod_version | mod_unixd | mod_access_compat | mod_alias | mod_auth_basic | mod_authn_core | mod_authn_file | mod_authz_core | mod_authz_host | mod_authz_user | mod_autoindex | mod_deflate | mod_dir | mod_env | mod_filter | mod_mime | prefork | mod_negotiation | mod_php7 | mod_reqtimeout | mod_rewrite | mod_setenvif | mod_status | Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) |
Potential Missing Modules :: mod_expires | mod_security | mod_evasive | mod_dosevasive | mod_ssl | mod_qos | mod_userdir |
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 12867 | Threads: 6 | Questions: 29954 | Slow queries: 0 | Opens: 286 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 242 | Queries per second avg: 2.327 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: WF_LINK_SEARCH_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_DAILYMOTION_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIDEO_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_AUDIO_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_ANCHOR_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FORMATSELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_REFERENCE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_HR_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_HELP_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FONTSELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CHARMAP_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CLIPBOARD_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_ATTRIBUTES_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_VISUALBLOCKS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_EMOTIONS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_LISTS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_KITCHENSINK_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_WORDCOUNT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_STYLESELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | JCE - Noneditable (1.0.0) ? | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FONTCOLOR_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FONTSIZESELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? |

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_banners (3.0.0) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 | com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.6.2) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 1 | com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: COM_JCE (2.9.8) 1 | Akeeba (8.0.6) 1 |

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 |

Libraries ::
Core ::

Plugins ::
Core :: plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | PLG_ACTIONLOG_JOOMLA (3.9.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 0 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 0 | PLG_SYSTEM_ACTIONLOGS (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_repeatable (3.9.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisible (3.8) 0 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_webinstaller (2.1.2) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: plg_content_jce (2.9.8) 1 | PLG_ACTIONLOG_AKEEBABACKUP (8.0.6) 0 | plg_system_jce (2.9.8) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_BACKUPONUPDATE (8.0.6) 0 | plg_quickicon_jce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_quickicon_akeebabackup (8.0.6) 1 | plg_fields_mediajce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_editors_jce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.12) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.60.0) 1 | plg_installer_jce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_extension_jce (2.9.8) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: beez3 (3.1.0) 1 | protostar (1.0) 1 |
Templates :: Admin :: hathor (3.0.0) 1 | isis (1.0) 1 |

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 pm

The FPA is showing your file upload and post limit of 1024M (1GB) so there shouldn't be an issue uploading those files.

It seems you weren't originally using FileZilla but confusion arose over the "FTP login" prompt (concerning the FTP layer in Joomla). That was discussed above.

For using Joomla Media Manager to upload, maybe these settings need to be increased:

Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 300.
(I don't know what would be suitable values but maybe there's some sort of time-out happening as well).

Also it could come down to your ISP connection speed; uploads are always slower than downloads.

Maybe the best way (even though it might take longer) is, using FileZilla, queue the uploads in multiples of 250MB, so they will upload in turn.

Finally for confirmation, please clarify you have been or tried to use Filezilla, being the desktop application as illustrated:
screenshot_filezilla.png
Regards - A Murray

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Thank you AMurray. To clarify, yes I was originally using Filezilla, but got the error that I posted the partial screenshot of above. It was after that when I tried using the FTP layer in Joomla, but since turned it off from the advice I received here. The first time was actually over my LAN as my server is mine. Only has command line, no graphical interface at all, not even a cPanel. Even still, I get usually 200/50 at home and work supposedly uses a business class but today is slow at about 100/30.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 pm

Regardless of what settings may be involved (in php.ini) for Max. Upload Size, the maximum file upload size is limited by the webhosting service; this limit may be lower than a user's "customised" php.ini settings.

Secondly, uploading files via Media Manager is further constrained by the webhosting provider's Max. Upload Size. Because Media Manager uses PHP (not FTP) to transfer files, Media Manager is not necessarily the best way to transfer large volumes of data between a PC and a webhost. Where large data transfers are involved we use "native" FTP; Filezilla is a good example.

I would not recommend using J!'s Media Manager when transferring large-sized files. Media Manager is OK if the total file size is less than 10Mbytes—and it's quick-and-easy if you only transfer a couple of files at a time—but probably unsuitable when the file transfer exceeds that amount.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:43 pm

I still don't see what the screenshot you posted in your earlier reply - that's the Joomla Media Manager not FileZilla - has to do with Filezilla (apart from the initial "FTP Layer" issue where you may have had to use your FTP login credentials - but that's a non-issue now that the FTP layer has been turned off)

What happens when you're logged out of Joomla completely (and shut down the browser), then use Filezilla to upload those files? It should be operating independently and Joomla shouldn't be interfering.
Regards - A Murray

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:53 pm

AMurray wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:43 pm
I still don't see what the screenshot you posted in your earlier reply - that's the Joomla Media Manager not FileZilla - has to do with Filezilla (apart from the initial "FTP Layer" issue where you may have had to use your FTP login credentials - but that's a non-issue now that the FTP layer has been turned off)

What happens when you're logged out of Joomla completely (and shut down the browser), then use Filezilla to upload those files? It should be operating independently and Joomla shouldn't be interfering.
If you really want me to take a screenshot of Filezilla I will, but to clarify, that is how I did it. Joomla closed and Filezilla only.

BUT, this fudging around to get the FPA working has me stumbling upon a possible solution. I chown'ed the joomla/images folder to my FTP user otherwise Filezilla wouldn't upload. Henceforth, it was no longer owned by www-data (like the rest of the joolma folders). I have now added my FTP username to the www-data permission group and will try it when I get home and report back.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:05 pm

Bullsey @brian
brian wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:26 pm
Probably a file permissions/ownership issue
@teddyearp
configuration.php should be 444
PHP API: apache2handler ... should be cgi (see the links in my previous post viewtopic.php?f=706&t=986922#p3632841 to see why).
Speak to your Host to configure the server correctly

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:09 am

golden rule - when you don't know what you are doing its best to leave server install and configuration to the experts

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:16 am

Totally agree that's why I don't manage my own server.

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:13 pm

brian wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:09 am
golden rule - when you don't know what you are doing its best to leave server install and configuration to the experts
So interesting for you to say this as a co-founder of Joomla. If you had had that attitude fifteen years ago, we wouldn't probably have Joomla.

But I do thank you all for your inspiring and encouraging remarks. I do see that my problem is not with Joomla, but my hosting provider (me). Which I intend to continue doing, because I intend to become more of an expert at it than I have been encouraged to do here.

And I have taken the actual advise here as well, I have enabled cgi and will chmod my configuration.php file to 444.

Happy trails.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:37 pm

Nothing has changed in 15 years

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:42 pm

My point is, where you always an expert at coding and Joomla? No. You learned and became one.

Thanks for being a part of my journey.

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:53 pm

That didn't take too long (I mean, I am at work after all, lol):
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.2) : 17-Jun-2021 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.9.27-Stable (Amani) 25-May-2021
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (644) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: true | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 15 | Session handler: database | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.9.27: Yes | Database Supports J! 3.9.27: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 5.4.0-74-generic | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) | Encoding: gzip, deflate | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 163.44 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.4.3 | PHP API: fpm-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: | Error Reporting: 22527 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 2M | Max. POST Size: 8M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 128M

Database Configuration :: Version: 5.5.5-10.3.29-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 (Client:mysqlnd 7.4.3) | Database Size: 9.57 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix: 83 | #of other Tables: 110 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.4.3) | date (7.4.3) | libxml (7.4.3) | openssl (7.4.3) | pcre (7.4.3) | zlib (7.4.3) | filter (7.4.3) | hash (7.4.3) | Reflection (7.4.3) | SPL (7.4.3) | session (7.4.3) | standard (7.4.3) | sodium (7.4.3) | cgi-fcgi (7.4.3) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 7.4.3) | PDO (7.4.3) | xml (7.4.3) | calendar (7.4.3) | ctype (7.4.3) | curl (7.4.3) | dom (20031129) | mbstring (7.4.3) | FFI (7.4.3) | fileinfo (7.4.3) | ftp (7.4.3) | gd (7.4.3) | gettext (7.4.3) | iconv (7.4.3) | imagick (3.4.4) | imap (7.4.3) | intl (7.4.3) | json (7.4.3) | ldap (7.4.3) | exif (7.4.3) | mysqli (7.4.3) | pdo_mysql (7.4.3) | pdo_pgsql (7.4.3) | pdo_sqlite (7.4.3) | pgsql (7.4.3) | Phar (7.4.3) | posix (7.4.3) | readline (7.4.3) | shmop (7.4.3) | SimpleXML (7.4.3) | sockets (7.4.3) | sqlite3 (7.4.3) | ssh2 (1.2) | sysvmsg (7.4.3) | sysvsem (7.4.3) | sysvshm (7.4.3) | tokenizer (7.4.3) | xmlreader (7.4.3) | xmlwriter (7.4.3) | xsl (7.4.3) | zip (1.15.6) | Zend OPcache (7.4.3) | Zend Engine (3.4.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::
Disabled Functions :: pcntl_alarm | pcntl_fork | pcntl_waitpid | pcntl_wait | pcntl_wifexited | pcntl_wifstopped | pcntl_wifsignaled | pcntl_wifcontinued | pcntl_wexitstatus | pcntl_wtermsig | pcntl_wstopsig | pcntl_signal | pcntl_signal_get_handler | pcntl_signal_dispatch | pcntl_get_last_error | pcntl_strerror | pcntl_sigprocmask | pcntl_sigwaitinfo | pcntl_sigtimedwait | pcntl_exec | pcntl_getpriority | pcntl_setpriority | pcntl_async_signals | pcntl_unshare | |

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Potential Ownership Issues: Maybe
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 76232 | Threads: 6 | Questions: 1729 | Slow queries: 0 | Opens: 255 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 224 | Queries per second avg: 0.022 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: WF_LINK_SEARCH_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_DAILYMOTION_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIDEO_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_AUDIO_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_ANCHOR_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FORMATSELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_REFERENCE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_HR_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_HELP_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FONTSELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CHARMAP_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CLIPBOARD_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_ATTRIBUTES_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_VISUALBLOCKS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_EMOTIONS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_LISTS_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_KITCHENSINK_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_WORDCOUNT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_STYLESELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | JCE - Noneditable (1.0.0) ? | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FONTCOLOR_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_FONTSIZESELECT_TITLE (2.9.8) ? | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.9.8) ? |

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_banners (3.0.0) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 | com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.6.2) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 1 | com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: COM_JCE (2.9.8) 1 | Akeeba (8.0.6) 1 |

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 |

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 |

Libraries ::
Core ::

Plugins ::
Core :: plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | PLG_ACTIONLOG_JOOMLA (3.9.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 0 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 0 | PLG_SYSTEM_ACTIONLOGS (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_repeatable (3.9.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisible (3.8) 0 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_webinstaller (2.1.2) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: plg_content_jce (2.9.8) 1 | PLG_ACTIONLOG_AKEEBABACKUP (8.0.6) 0 | plg_system_jce (2.9.8) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_BACKUPONUPDATE (8.0.6) 0 | plg_quickicon_jce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_quickicon_akeebabackup (8.0.6) 1 | plg_fields_mediajce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_editors_jce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.12) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.60.0) 1 | plg_installer_jce (2.9.8) 1 | plg_extension_jce (2.9.8) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: beez3 (3.1.0) 1 | protostar (1.0) 1 |
Templates :: Admin :: hathor (3.0.0) 1 | isis (1.0) 1 |

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:04 pm

Your system settings seem to have changed - for the worse.....

FPA is now reporting Max. Upload Size: 2M | Max. POST Size: 8M . The first FPA reported 1024M for both of these (refer viewtopic.php?f=706&t=986922#p3632867).

Values that low will cause any sort of file upload to fail including Joomla updates which (even the update package) has a file size not less that 12M. I've see recommendations that the file upload and post limit sizes be set to around 30M and that way you're pretty much covering most circumstances.

The configuration.php file permission in the second FPA is reporting 644 but should be 444.
Regards - A Murray

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:24 pm

AMurray wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:04 pm

The configuration.php file permission in the second FPA is reporting 644 but should be 444.
@teddyearp
Save global config that should change it to 444
Then see if global config will save while the file is 444

teddyearp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddyearp » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:24 pm
AMurray wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:04 pm

@teddyearp
Save global config that should change it to 444
Then see if global config will save while the file is 444
Well, I was in ssh on one hand and browser on the other, hitting refresh and the FPA seemed to like 644 better (seems like it was yellow there while 444) than 444, but I'll change it back. And it had gone from a 'B' to an 'A' so didn't even realize that I was now using a different php.ini file, so thanks a bunch for that catch of those low upload values for me.

Edited to add: On the screen now under 'config mode' it says 444 and under is a yellow box with the obvious, "read only". When I change it to 644, the box turns green and says "writable". Just going by the visual cues that the Forum Post Assistant provides.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:40 am

As Owner Joomla can delete a 444 file and replace it
So
If
global config can save with configuration.php 444
Then
You have no Ownership issues and joomla is Owner

Those Joomla docs I linked to earlier are well worth reading several times.
Last edited by toivo on Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: typo corrected on request

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”