Cloudflare affecting virtue mart website.

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
3BGG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cloudflare affecting virtue mart website.

Post by 3BGG » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:27 pm

I have realized the problem here. It is that cloudflare is making my virtue mart Ajax add to cart unusable. The button just keeps loading forever. I cannot find a solution to it. I am planning to use JA Atoms from joomlart. But it uses Virtue mart.So, I want to ask about what is the thing in cloudflare causing this error to happen. Sorry as I cannot paste the link here yet because the JA Atoms quick start is still is uploading progress.I will paste the link in the comments section tomorrow. :D

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Cloudflare affecting virtue mart website.

Post by AMurray » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Have you asked respective developers if they know of such an issue with their products?

I tested the JA Atoms demo, it works satisfactorily . It will be interesting to compare that to your own site when link is available, using JA Atoms to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Cloudflare is basically a caching platform, a copy of your site sits on a (more) local server to the user, to enable faster loading of site content (particularly static content). I don't know why it would interfere with a function like 'add to cart' in an e-commerce site, or whether it's specifically concerning VM or the JA template.

Does the issue occur in all browsers/all devices - e.g. Firefox, Edge, Chrome and/or on desktop and mobile device?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

3BGG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 3BGG » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 pm

Yes, it affects all browser such as Safari, Firefox, Edge. I'm with cloudflare because of it's SSL is much more secure. It works before I started Cloudflare. By the way, cloudflare is hosted with my web hosting company. It says that it is a partner.

3BGG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 3BGG » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:11 pm

Actually I have tested it last time and it failed. So, I deleted it at last week. But every template using virtuemart has this problem. J2Store and HikaShop work perfectly.

3BGG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 3BGG » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:58 am

Website files uploaded. The website link: https://3bgg.my.eu.org/index.php

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 am

OK, i see the spinning wheel thing when I "add to cart". Sorry I don't know the solution.

Can you ensure that your hosting specs meet the requirements of Virtue Mart and the Template? Maybe there's something else you haven't thought of or haven't identified. Is the template up to date? Is the Joomla version current? Is VirtueMart the current release?

Please post the FPA report, so we can review your joomla and hosting setup as that might review why the ajax is not working. See https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ for instructions.

Also could you enable the error reporting (in Joomla, and on your server - php.ini file or in cPanel (or equivalent), and enable Debug mode in your site.

Could you try: a fresh install of Joomla, install Virtue Mart, and run it just with Protostar as the template (not one that includes Virtue Mart).

You're sure the site works *without* cloudflare enabled?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

3BGG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 3BGG » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 pm

I am sure that the website works without Cloudflare. OK, I a trying it now.

3BGG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 3BGG » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 pm

By the way, I'm using Byet Host

3BGG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 3BGG » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:59 am

I can provide you with administrator details. Can you help me check it out?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”