How to edit head section in Responsivizer template

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
SheilaJohnston
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to edit head section in Responsivizer template

Post by SheilaJohnston » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am

Hello --

I've been searching everywhere for this. The template settings have a section to rewrite the footer but I can't find one for the header. All help appreciated!

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: How to edit head section in Responsivizer template

Post by gws » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:35 pm

I would ask the template developer.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:45 pm

I can't find anything called "Responsiviser" in terms of joomla templates through Google searches. The only thing close ((which is more about mobile device responsiveness) is https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/responsivizer/ but I'm not sure that's what you're asking about.

As @gws says, asked the developer or refer to their documentation.

A link to where you obtained the template would be useful.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

SheilaJohnston
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SheilaJohnston » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:56 am

Many thanks for your replies. You are right, it is the very Responsivizer extension that you mention. I do have the documentation but it doesn't seem to discuss editing the header anywhere. Is that because it is an extension rather than a template? Apologies for the basic questions!

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:39 pm

Thanks, for confirming that.

We still need to know what template you're actually using, that can be identified in the Template manager, and the default/active template is easily identified by a tick or star symbol.
Regards - A Murray

SheilaJohnston
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SheilaJohnston » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:39 am

Hello again. I'm using Colorfall for the desktop version - it's quite an old template. I was looking for the function to edit the head text within the Responsivizer extension - should I be doing it within the Colorfall template?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:12 am

I would assume editing the head section is a template function but the 'header' you refer to may also be a module or something linked to the menu item.

I can't find any reference to a template called "Colorfall" searching Google.

Please provide a link to where you obtained it and also a link to your own site, as we may be able to pinpoint where you need to change the site as you are asking by reviewing the site's HTML.

And to confirm, you are using Joomla 3.10 or a relatively recent version?

The final alternative is to use a newer template.
Regards - A Murray

SheilaJohnston
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SheilaJohnston » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:03 am

Many thanks once again for your reply. I installed the Colorfall template in 2010 and the developer, Gorsk.net (Russian), seems to be no longer active. A handful of websites do still use it, I see, though it's probably long due an overhaul.
My site is www.marvellous-provence.com and I'm running Joomla 3.10.8 at the moment. Can't do any big updates for a few weeks as I'm in a rural area with a spotty internet connection. But I was hoping to do this header tweak. Should I be looking within the index.php file?
Really appreciate your helpful advice
Best wishes
Sheila

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:25 pm

That template site URL is not valid, goes to some other site (not a Joomla template site)....

Can't open your site - says 403 Forbidden..... ???

As you recognise the need for the site to be overhauled my advice would be to switch to a known, good template such as Protostar (included in J3). There may be some re-work required concerning any modules you're using, to be switched to the Protostar equivalent template positions.

The template's index.php doesn't contain content, as such - it is the "skeleton" file that makes all the other wonderful stuff happen. All pages are generated from the database. The index.php file does contain a <head> section but it's part of the necessary HTML and not where you'd find content to be edited.

I'm still thinking the 'head section' you refer to is a module, or even just a page title of the article, or the page title created in the menu item options.

Since the site URL is not apparently working, can you provide a screen-shot of the site and indicate the section you want to edit?
Regards - A Murray

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:14 am

A follow up to this since I can't edit the post above, the website's URL does work if you add 'index.php' to end but not if you don't and otherwise get the 403 error. It's the same with the actual Home link, it gives me the 403 error.

If the 'header' section you're referring to is the video on each page (?) then you can possibly just remove that in each page (code view, look for a <video> tag, or otherwise however you have embedded the videos in the pages.

The page titles would be the title of the article, or possibly, the menu title.

But please come back and specify what it is you wish to remove or change.

Your site URL that works for me is http://www.marvellous-provence.com/index.php (rather than just http://www.marvellous-provence.com/).
Regards - A Murray

SheilaJohnston
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SheilaJohnston » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am

That's really bizarre. The regular URL ( https://www.marvellous-provence.com/ ) has always worked fine for me and I just clicked on the link in my previous post on this thread to check if it had been corrupted, but that worked too. No need to add the index.php suffix. I wonder why it wasn't working for you. It's a bit concerning!

Anyway, thanks again for your continuing help. This looks like a long-term project!

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:34 am

As @AMurray wrote, we (who live in Australia) can see https://www.marvellous-provence.com/index.php without any problems; if we use the URL https://www.marvellous-provence.com/ we get "[403] Forbidden:
You don't have permission to access this resource." Guessing you have a .htaccess rule that stops people like us accessing your website (or, maybe, you need to be logged in) ???

Also, never modify/edit any file named index.php.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:37 am

FYI, marvelous-provence.com works fine in the UK.

SheilaJohnston
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SheilaJohnston » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Thanks again to all for your input! We do get quite a few visitors from Oz, but perhaps they are coming via a search engine.

allmexico
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by allmexico » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:05 am

I would also ask the template developer. However, there are many other questions that we also need answers to.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”