VirtueMart

soeren
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

VirtueMart

Post by soeren » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:14 pm

Hello,

a lot of things have changed in the Joomla core. Joomla is not the one is was before, that's really great. The new API has brought us more flexibility and power.

But at this time VirtueMart does NOT run on Joomla 1.1.x.

I have begun to tweak things so VirtueMart is compatible with Joomla 1.1.x.

What's wrong?
I have always thought using the poor ACL functions from Mambo is not good. This time it proves me right. The ACL function calls used in VirtueMart lead to a fatal error.

Obviously components in the backend are NOW parsed from another part of the code than in Joomla 1.0.x. This breaks VirtueMart because it expects variables in a global context, which are not global anymore now.

The Itemid is used in the backend now (was not important before). But now all links from the backend having an Itemid (e.g. 1) lead to the effect that the menu bar is not showing.

All in all it's nothing serious, so I expect the next release of VirtueMart (1.0.3) to be compatible with Joomla 1.1.x.

ciao, Soeren
Last edited by Jinx on Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

user deleted

Re: VirtueMart on Joomla 1.1.x

Post by user deleted » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Hi Soeren,

We are actually inviting developers of major addons to join Backward Compatibility testing on this forum. You are more than welcome to join. If you have specific problems, please let us know. Developers are closely monitoring and also helping out where they can so your addon will eventually run on Joomla! 1.1.

Thanks for sharing already.

Jinx
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by Jinx » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:48 am

Hi Soren,

If need any help or advice making VirtueMart compatible send me a PM and we can see how we go.
Johan Janssens - Joomla Co-Founder, Lead Developer of Joomla 1.5

http://www.joomlatools.com - Joomla extensions that just work

soeren
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by soeren » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:40 am

Hello,

a small change will cause a lot of trouble: the column group_id from the table #__core_acl_groups was renamed to id.
Is there a reason for this? I don't like these small changes with BIG consequences.
Why not just leave the column name as it is?

This is the second approach to rename this column...(was planned for Mambo 4.5.3 too).

ciao, Soeren

Jinx
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by Jinx » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:10 pm

We realise that i can break some component. However, we need that column to be inline with the standard naming conventions of phpGACL. This change has been made to provide forward compatibility. U should be able to create a small workaround.

U can also read this post for more information about the change : http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg207798

soeren
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: VirtueMart

Post by soeren » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:36 pm

Ok,

I'm looking into the future  :D

I have finished the code changes now, so VirtueMart 1.0.3 will work with Joomla 1.1.x.
It keeps the cart contents, adds/changes new users...great!

A small hurdle was the change of  the $my object.
Is it correct that the "old" $my object can be accessed by $my->_model ?

ciao, Soeren

Jinx
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by Jinx » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:45 pm

The $my object still holds the same info as the old one. If u find any incosistencies please let us know.

This is how we generate the $my object for backwards compatibility :

$user = & $mainframe->getUser();
$my    = $user->_model;

We advice u to use the $mainframe->getUser() function instead to get the full user object.

Websitemaker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Websitemaker » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:11 am

soeren wrote:
I have finished the code changes now, so VirtueMart 1.0.3 will work with Joomla 1.1.x.
It keeps the cart contents, adds/changes new users...great!
Soeren ... is there any chance to get VirtueMart 1.0.3 beta for test ?

I tried to install VirtueMart 1.0.2 on J1.1 but got error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _getbelow() in c:\appserv\www\joomla11\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_perm.php on line 38

soeren
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by soeren » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 am

Version 1.0.3 will be out soon, but I fear that it will not run without problems on J! 1.1.

Some problems I'm experiencing (tested with SVN version from 2006-03-06):

* the Toolbar HTML gets printed out BEFORE the page is loaded.
The new toolbar class does NOT expect the component's toolbar files to output HTML, but many component's toolbar classes don't use mosMenuBar functions, but their own HTML code. At least the caching could be enabled at this stage OR you provide us with a function where we can SET the ToolBar's HTML.

Something like

Code: Select all

$bar = & JToolBar :: getInstance('JComponent');
$bar->setToolbar( $htmlcode );
or

$bar = & JToolBar :: getInstance('JComponent');
$bar->appendHTML( $htmlcode );
Currently there's no way to do so.

Another problem is that the administrator site is dead when GZIP is enabled (but that's another discussion).

ciao, Soeren

Websitemaker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Websitemaker » Mon May 22, 2006 12:05 pm

i just installed VirtueMart 1.0.5

and seems all works fine except editor

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: geteditorcontents() in c:\appserv\www\j15\libraries\joomla\common\legacy\functions.php on line 277

anyone can help fix this?

soeren
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by soeren » Mon May 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Hello,

it seems to me as if this legacy function geteditorcontents is missing in Joomla 1.5. The core team should add this!?

ciao, Soeren

Websitemaker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Websitemaker » Thu May 25, 2006 4:43 pm

any help/answer from Moderator  ???

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Thu May 25, 2006 7:11 pm

Hi,

Brought it to the attention of our Dev's. Will monitor myself and make sure someone replies okay.

Regards Robin

facedancer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by facedancer » Fri May 26, 2006 9:55 am

soeren wrote: Hello,

it seems to me as if this legacy function geteditorcontents is missing in Joomla 1.5. The core team should add this!?

ciao, Soeren
Fixed in SVN :)

Websitemaker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Websitemaker » Fri May 26, 2006 10:14 am

GREAT backebd now works !

gut i get error in frontend ...

Error code = joomla.library:1064
Error message = JDatabase::getInstance: Could not connect to database
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND cc.access <= AND s.access <=
AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00 SQL=SELECT a.id, a.introtext, a.`fulltext`, a.images, a.attribs, a.title, a.state
FROM jos_content AS a
INNER JOIN jos_categories AS cc ON cc.id = a.catid
INNER JOIN jos_sections AS s ON s.id = a.sectionid
WHERE a.state = 1
AND a.access <= AND cc.access <= AND s.access <=
AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2006-05-26 12:15:00' )
AND (a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2006-05-26 12:15:00' )
AND a.catid = 3
AND cc.published = 1
AND s.published = 1
ORDER BY a.ordering

facedancer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by facedancer » Fri May 26, 2006 10:21 am

Can you install J! once again? Here everything is working nice.

facedancer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by facedancer » Fri May 26, 2006 10:23 am

Websitemaker wrote: GREAT backebd now works !

gut i get error in frontend ...

Error code = joomla.library:1064
Error message = JDatabase::getInstance: Could not connect to database
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND cc.access <= AND s.access <=
AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00 SQL=SELECT a.id, a.introtext, a.`fulltext`, a.images, a.attribs, a.title, a.state
FROM jos_content AS a
INNER JOIN jos_categories AS cc ON cc.id = a.catid
INNER JOIN jos_sections AS s ON s.id = a.sectionid
WHERE a.state = 1
AND a.access <= AND cc.access <= AND s.access <=
AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2006-05-26 12:15:00' )
AND (a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2006-05-26 12:15:00' )
AND a.catid = 3
AND cc.published = 1
AND s.published = 1
ORDER BY a.ordering
Ah silly me, looks like you've found a bug, didn't noticed on the first sight. Please post link here so I'll be able to debug.

facedancer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by facedancer » Fri May 26, 2006 2:57 pm

It seems that VirtueMart overwrites $my object used to get info about user here and there, I'm pretty sure that it causes the problems. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually I'm not familiar enough to dig into VirtueMart code, maybe VirtueMart devs might tell something about that? If not I'll gladly dig into it in the free time but since I'm quite busy with my summer exams :P that will be on next weekend or even later.

From the first look it seems that the problem is located somewhere in lines 291 to 296 in components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php
Hint : remove those lines :P

// I don't get it, why Joomla uses masked gid values!
;D

cheers

Websitemaker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Websitemaker » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:54 pm

aftre J15 rev. 3844 installation of VirtueMart not working anymore..... 

When i tri to Install SAMPLE DATA i get this error !

ERROR!
a) No Archive Files and
b) no directory structure for mambo-phpShop.

What's wrong? Either YOU unpack all the files and upload them or I do that (I can do that when Safe Mode is OFF).

facedancer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by facedancer » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:22 pm

Websitemaker wrote: aftre J15 rev. 3844 installation of VirtueMart not working anymore..... 

When i tri to Install SAMPLE DATA i get this error !

ERROR!
a) No Archive Files and
b) no directory structure for mambo-phpShop.

What's wrong? Either YOU unpack all the files and upload them or I do that (I can do that when Safe Mode is OFF).
We can't work like this any longer as this is not virtuemart bugtracker :P, I guess someone from virtue should take a look at issues you're reporting here, in fact it might be even better if you'll put 'em into virtue bugtraclker.

I would gladly take a look at those issues but as soon as I'll get access to VirtueMart svn or I'll be assured that they will be ported into virtue. But the whole thing is a bit funny as Joomla! 1.5 is still in alpha phase and code is changing on a daily basis, so as soon as one issue is fixed 2 others appear :)

What I think is that we can wait a bit for beta and start fixing things when it will arrive, we *really* got an eye on compatibility (as you see), so no big worries, *really* :)

r0tt3n
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by r0tt3n » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:18 pm

facedancer wrote: ...in fact it might be even better if you'll put 'em into virtue bugtraclker...
I'm a little confused by this comment.  If that truly is the best thing to do, then why have a 3rd party developer testing forum at all?
facedancer wrote: But the whole thing is a bit funny as Joomla! 1.5 is still in alpha phase and code is changing on a daily basis, so as soon as one issue is fixed 2 others appear :)

What I think is that we can wait a bit for beta and start fixing things when it will arrive, we *really* got an eye on compatibility (as you see), so no big worries, *really* :)
Alpha 2 was supposed to have the framework API finalized.  I guess more than anything, I was hoping that this new framework would allow for the abstraction of 3rd-party plug-ins to the degree where bug-fixes made to Joomla on the way to 1.5 Beta and on to 1.5 stable would have little to no effect on 3rd party plug-in testing.  Unfortunately, this behaviour, which runs rampant within 1.0.x, has not changed with 1.5.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?" - Juvenal

Literal Translation: Who will guard the guards?
Not-So-Literal Translation: If one group is the police of the world, who will police them?

facedancer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by facedancer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:58 pm

r0tt3n wrote:
facedancer wrote: ...in fact it might be even better if you'll put 'em into virtue bugtraclker...
I'm a little confused by this comment.  If that truly is the best thing to do, then why have a 3rd party developer testing forum at all?
Sorry :), I think I had some mental problems while I was writing that :/, of course it's best place to put such things, that's just misunderstanding which I'm sorry about.

r0tt3n wrote:
facedancer wrote: But the whole thing is a bit funny as Joomla! 1.5 is still in alpha phase and code is changing on a daily basis, so as soon as one issue is fixed 2 others appear :)

r0tt3n wrote: Alpha 2 was supposed to have the framework API finalized.  I guess more than anything, I was hoping that this new framework would allow for the abstraction of 3rd-party plug-ins to the degree where bug-fixes made to Joomla on the way to 1.5 Beta and on to 1.5 stable would have little to no effect on 3rd party plug-in testing.  Unfortunately, this behaviour, which runs rampant within 1.0.x, has not changed with 1.5.
It's just imposible to code 24/7 till you leave everything in 100% working state, some coding might take few days and some features (API :P) might not work during these days. Nothing more, nothing less. No worries.

I'm sorry if you feel that my reply was offensive, I didn't meant to make you feel that this forum is not needed :), just code is *really* changing on a daily basis and that's the reason that I wrote that.
For example -> few days ago menus admin was broken in SVN for few days becouse of WIP on something. Same thing is happening right now, there were few (one?) changes in installer which causes all 1.0.x (actually, I saw only that method that is used to copying files is broken but that's not the point :P) components installation problems.

It's true that it's not ok to put errors on virtue bug tracker :/ I don't know why I wrote that, I'm sorry.

Please be patient a bit more and wait till beta, trying to fix most of the errors might be tricky since even if you would write 1.5 component it *might* not work (and it's changing on a daily basis or ever more often :P).

Sorry again, hopefully you wont get mad at me :)

r0tt3n
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by r0tt3n » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:31 am

Your willingness to apologize is duly noted - however, I didn't find your comments to be offensive, just perturbing.  Don't feel badly :-)

Not-So-Literal Translation: If one group is the police of the world, who will police them?

Jinx
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by Jinx » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi guys,

This forum is indeed for third party testing and for third party developers in general. We only expect the developers to report possible issues themselves. I'm sure WebsiteMaker posted the issue with good intentions. If the VirtueMart developers want to further discuss this problem just let us know and we are happy to provide assistance.
Last edited by Jinx on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinx
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by Jinx » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:30 pm

r0tt3n wrote: Alpha 2 was supposed to have the framework API finalized.  I guess more than anything, I was hoping that this new framework would allow for the abstraction of 3rd-party plug-ins to the degree where bug-fixes made to Joomla on the way to 1.5 Beta and on to 1.5 stable would have little to no effect on 3rd party plug-in testing.  Unfortunately, this behaviour, which runs rampant within 1.0.x, has not changed with 1.5.
That's indeed correct and it is still the vision behind 1.5. However the problems u are encoutering are related to the backwardscompatibility layer of 1.5. Where the framework as such is feature complete and already pretty stable, the BC layer can break easily when changes are made especially since we only get feedback about these breakages from third party developers through this forum.
Last edited by Jinx on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r0tt3n
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by r0tt3n » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:23 am

Very interesting observation Jinx - I can see how that would be the case.  Thanks for your input!

Jinx
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by Jinx » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:14 pm

Your welcome :)

gregdev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gregdev » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi! I'm Greg from the VirtueMart development team. I am working on Joomla! 1.5 compatibility in VirtueMart.

I noticed an attempt in JModuleHelper::renderModule() to reproduce legacy settings for legacy modules. Conspicuously missing is $mosConfig_absolute_path. Of course, this is easily overcome by using the global $mosConfig_absolute_path (provided by the legacy plugin) in legacy modules.

Nonetheless, would it be a good idea to add $mosConfig_absolute_path to the list of globals on line 103 in JModuleHelper::renderModule()? This would ease use of legacy modules for many. If not, it is easy enough to work around it.

Thanks,

Greg

EDIT: removed minor typo
Last edited by gregdev on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r0tt3n
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by r0tt3n » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:37 pm

Haha, Greg... you're quite the necromancer, bringing this 14-month-dead-to-the-world post back to life.  I wonder if Soeren is watching this thread....

gregdev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gregdev » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:53 pm

r0tt3n wrote: I wonder if Soeren is watching this thread....
Actually, I am working with Soeren on the project.

Earlier in the topic, it was stated by RobInk that:
We are actually inviting developers of major addons to join Backward Compatibility testing on this forum. You are more than welcome to join. If you have specific problems, please let us know. Developers are closely monitoring and also helping out where they can so your addon will eventually run on Joomla! 1.1.
P.S. It's nice to see you again r0tt3n.

Greg

Return to “Third Party Testing for Joomla! 1.5”