WebP Images

General questions relating to Joomla! 5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
joomlerGR
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

WebP Images

Post by joomlerGR » Wed May 22, 2024 8:03 am

i have set the WebP file format in Joomla
media_config (1).jpg
now on media i can upload correctly the WebP file images.

but on the i insert it in the articles:new i am getting "Intro Image This value is not valid"
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 11.02.47 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sgiobbio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: WebP Images

Post by sgiobbio » Wed May 22, 2024 11:10 am

Hello, I guess it is related to the other issue described in the thread "Internal server error Image Article".
If you temporarly turn off the "ModSecurity" option in your cPanel, you can upload the WebP file images.
This works for me.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Wed May 22, 2024 9:31 pm

I cannot reproduce your problem. Did you use the Select button to pick an image from the media popup? It looks like you typed in the image filename because a picked image has a lot more information appended:

Code: Select all

images/getting-started-introduction-atum_320.png#joomlaImage://local-images/getting-started-introduction-atum_320.png?width=320&height=152

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed May 22, 2024 9:44 pm

I also have no issues uploading and inserting webp images.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

joomlerGR
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by joomlerGR » Wed May 22, 2024 11:25 pm

ceford wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:31 pm I cannot reproduce your problem. Did you use the Select button to pick an image from the media popup? It looks like you typed in the image filename because a picked image has a lot more information appended:

Code: Select all

images/getting-started-introduction-atum_320.png#joomlaImage://local-images/getting-started-introduction-atum_320.png?width=320&height=152

i cannot use the Select button to pick an image from the media popup, because the media file has got more that 3.000 photos and when i select it the page is getting stack trying to load them. any solution for that?

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Thu May 23, 2024 5:03 am

Can you structure your images into a directory tree with no more than a few hundred in each? You may be able to find an extension in the JED that handles images differently. I created one named ffmedia (not on JED) for my own amusement but it really needs some enhancement.

sgiobbio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sgiobbio » Thu May 23, 2024 2:26 pm

hello joomlerGR.
However, I was able to reproduce your problem.
I also get the message "Intro Image This value is not valid".
The solution is this: turn off temporarily the "ModSecurity" option in your cPanel, and you will see that you can upload the WebP file images.
Trust me, try it

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Thu May 23, 2024 4:45 pm

sgiobbio wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:26 pm The solution is this: turn off temporarily the "ModSecurity" option in your cPanel, and you will see that you can upload the WebP file images.
Trust me, try it
Turn off Mod-Security? Trust you? Not on this piece of advice :laugh:

The OP needs to solve their issue in the correct way.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.1 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7 (with b/c plugin enabled)
Joomla 5.1.1 on XAMMP for MacOS with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28 (with b/c plugin enabled)

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu May 23, 2024 5:27 pm

The solution is this: turn off temporarily the "ModSecurity" option in your cPanel, and you will see that you can upload the WebP file images.
This is a tried and tested way to determine if the problem is mod security (probably is), if you turn it off and it works then the problem is ModSec and you can contact your host for them to review their logs and disable the rogue rule. However do not FORGET to turn Mod Security back on.
If it doesn't fix the problem then it is not ModSecurity at fault.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 5.x”