Joomfish doesn't manage Banners ????

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
tethmosis
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomfish doesn't manage Banners ????

Post by tethmosis » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:22 pm

I don't get this one !...

HEEE !!.... how can i manage my bilingual banners ?...

BTW... I am sorry for asking this again but is there a way for the banner module to display a flash file ?

Thanks for any help !

user deleted

Re: Joomfish doesn't manage Banners ????

Post by user deleted » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:43 am

Moderator note; moving from Joomla, General >> Language, Multilingual Sites

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:47 am

Hi,

I created two content elelement files so you can translate the core banner component as well. I did this rather quick, and not tested it, although the translation does work in the Joom!Fish backend checking the element files.

Can you check if they work, if so, have fun with them.

Regarding flash, just do not set an image, but in the Custom banner coe field, enter the code you have for this flash. I did this once, and it worked.

Regards Robin

P.S. Installing those banner element files; unzip the files, and copy/ftp them to /administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coryb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by coryb » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:21 pm

RobInk wrote: Hi,

I created two content elelement files so you can translate the core banner component as well. I did this rather quick, and not tested it, although the translation does work in the Joom!Fish backend checking the element files.

Regarding flash, just do not set an image, but in the Custom banner coe field, enter the code you have for this flash. I did this once, and it worked.

Regards Robin

P.S. Installing those banner element files; unzip the files, and copy/ftp them to /administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/

yeaaaaahhh it's working :)

thank you :)

skiguru
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by skiguru » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:01 pm

Hi,

I too was looking for a solution for using different banner content according to language translations on the site... I uploaded the zip file, and ftp'd it upto the position you suggested (the subdirectory didn't exist so I added it also), copied the two files there... I thought that the banner would show as an option in the back end drop down menu "content elements", but it doesn't... Do I need ot do something else?

Also, on the same theme

My site will eventually be translated into 8 languages, at the moment it is 3, I have a number of extensions on it, eg Productbook, JEvents, Sobi 2 etc With the Joomla language files loaded, all these extensions translate the static content, however how do I incorporate them (or other extensions) into the "content elements" of joomfish to be able to translate the dynamic content? ???  P.S, I will post this as a new topic also...

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:44 pm

The banner translation should appear in the drop down for content elements, where did you copy the files to?

skiguru
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by skiguru » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi RobInk,

:-[  Yes, I was copying it into the wrong sub-directory!

Thanks.... I take it that to actually change the banner itself, I just enter the banner file into the custom banner code area...

Any ideas on the second part of my post?

thanks

Skiguru

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:46 am

About your second part/question; you would need to at least write an xml content element file. And then it's still not sure if the component is compatible with Joom!Fish or not, but in most cases it should.

skiguru
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by skiguru » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:49 pm

I posted this separately, and got a good answer to it - basically just need to put a copy of the .xml file for each component into the administrator/contentelements...

Thanks
Skiguru

ryisamu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ryisamu » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:38 am

Hi, just curious, how do I add the codes to change the banner image? it's not showing up :( thanks

andonioni
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by andonioni » Thu May 31, 2007 5:52 pm

I add in banner.xml this line:

Banner Image

And the image it's show correctly in all languages, only change the image name in this field with joomfish.

Cheers

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Thu May 31, 2007 7:48 pm

Solved in upcoming version 1.8

gustave
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gustave » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:21 am

By the way, the link to your modified contentelement files is broken. I found a working link elsewhere on the 'net (sometimes Google amazes). You can get it here:

http://www.crojoomla.com/component/opti ... Itemid,28/

Modding the content element files for Joomfish is actually pretty easy, even for a hack'n'slash like myself. There aren't as many standard element types as I'd like (select/input list would be nice for images) but one can make do. I'll just have a bit more splainin' to do to the client when they ask how to manage these themselves...

Here's a link to the Joomfish documentation about content element types in case you are interested:
http://www.joomfish.net/en/documentatio ... ectionid=2

Cheers!
-G

ikakoo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ikakoo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Plz tell me How to insert different banners into joomfish

ikakoo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ikakoo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:48 pm

RobInk wrote:Hi,

Regards Robin

your download link is dead

ugniesdebesys
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ugniesdebesys » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:46 pm

I have four languages, but only one needed banner.
Then for
http://www.programva.com i have created empty banner (only space in Custom Banner Code: ).
Then went into Joomfish translation pannel and added banner code for
http://www.programva.com/ru Russian part of language. On the botton you cant't see banners, when language "en-GB", but you can see , when language "ru-RU"

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”