FREE Mambo to Joomla Automatic Web-based MIGRATION, UPDATE, UPGRADE Script

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

FREE Mambo to Joomla Automatic Web-based MIGRATION, UPDATE, UPGRADE Script

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:32 am

Team Joomlancer Philippines(http://www.joomlancer.com), the same all Filipino team who brought you the 'Team Joomlancer Automatic Web Installer Script' announces the commencement of the:

'Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla Migration Script Project'

After an overwhelming wishlists and request from the Joomla community; to provide such an AUTOMATED program to simplify the Joomla user experience; The Team decided to make the migration script as a separate project from the clean install (Automatic Web Installer Script) which the prior project provides.

The 'Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla Migration Script Project' aims to create the EASIEST and fastest way of MIGRATING a Mambo 4.5.2 website into Joomla 1.0.1(or what ever current release it will be supported in the future). The web based Joomla installation and Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION script will be hosted in one of our mirrored server so it follows that there will be no downloading of files from a server into your local desktop. Besides from the CORE files being updated the mySQL database will also be updated(migrated) accordingly. Users will just fill in the information needed like their cPanel login details, mambo mySQL details. When all information needed is set, a single click on the INSTALL button is all it needs and BANG! You got your self an instant '7 seconds slam BANG! , Mambo MIGRATED to Joomla MAM!!!' (though the ‘7 seconds count’ varies from server to server).

The common, traditional and PAINSTAKING process of Mambo to Joomla migration of:

1. Download the Joomla installation zip file
2. Unzip the Joomla installation file in your local
3. Upload the Joomla unzipped file from your local desktop to the webhost via FTP, one-by-one thus overwriting the Mambo installation
4. Migrate the Mambo mySQL to Joomla data base by running the mySQL migration script(provided by the Joomla CORE)via phpmyadmin
5. Reconfiguring AGAIN your configuration.php

the PAINSTAKING process above mentioned WILL NOW BE -- HISTORY! --

***The team is currently pooling volunteers for BETA TESTING. Anyone who is interested is advised to post their support in the forum thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html

***Language file to be translated will be released to the supporting "Translation Teams" in a language.php format once the Migration Script goes live to the public. Also post translation support in the forum thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html

***The Team now solicits anyone who has a webhost that has a WHM(WebHost Manager) that is NON cPanel. Like: Plesk, Helm, Direct Admin, etc. So that the following WHMs mentioned will be supported in this 'Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla Migration Script Project' . Anyone willing to give support for lending the NON cPanel WHM is advised to post your support also in this thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html
^^news announcement from: http://developer.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/d ... omatic_web

The multiple and conclusive tests and success of Mambo to Joomla migrations both  from Team Joomlancer PH and our brave ALPHA Testers who stood up to the ALPHA TEST challenge,.. TEAM JOOMLANCER PHILIPPINES is happy to announce the public release of the Mambo to Joomla Automaic Upgrade / Migrate / Update script to the public.

Currently(3 Oct 05, 425pm PH time) a 1.0.1 version of Joomla is the tar.gz file in our upload servers, The Team will update the tar.gz file to automatically execute a Mambo 4.5.2.x to Joomla 1.0.2 so that no more hassles of updating your Joomla 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 installations. just doing further testings what a mambo 4.5.2.x installation to Joomla 1.0.2 can have incompatibilities of. We do our best to see any incompatibilities before we release the migrattion script and installer script to install/migrate a Joomla 1.0.2 ver.   

make sure to read the published DISCLAIMER applied to this script(URL given above) or CLICK HERE.

here is the url where the script is waiting and sitting for your tons of migration to be done!

http://www.astang.com/joomla/

currently supporting cPanel and DirectAdmin WHM's or webhost Control Panels.

Last edited by guilliam on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Team Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script

Post by bluesaze » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:59 am

OK gulliam Just let me know when it readys I will take it out for a spin........
A. N. Jacob-New
The Tech & Design Blog http://www.Clazh.com

chay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by chay » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:10 pm

Wow.  I look forward to this.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:37 pm

bluesaze wrote: OK gulliam Just let me know when it readys I will take it out for a spin........
chay wrote: Wow.  I look forward to this.
will all let you know and will ANNOUNCE it on this thread, the Joomla news site and the Joomla Forge site when the MIGRATION script is out for public release.

@chay, are you using cPanel sir?
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

chay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by chay » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:19 pm

Hi guilliam,

Yes, I'm using cPanel:

Apache 1.3.33
PHP version 4.3.10
MySQL version 4.0.20-standard
cPanel Build 10.2.0-STABLE 83
Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

Let me know if I can help.  I've got two sites I'd like to migrate the easy way.  :)

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:17 pm

Thank you to all who made this project possible,.. after the Team Joomlancer's 1 sleepless night of coding and testing we hereby ANNOUNCE that the:

Team Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script is out for ALPHA TESTING

so; to all developers, advance to expert level users, seasoned ALPHA testers.. stand up! stanp up! who is brave and competent enough to take the ALPHA testing challenge!!!

-if you feel that you are brave and believe you are competent enough then take the challenge. all interested ALPHA TESTERS is requested to send me directly a personal massage by clicking HERE to show your interest. then i will reply to you with the URL where the MIGRATION script is located.

The "Team Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script" is NOT yet released to the public, as of this writing(30 Sept 05, 611am PH time) thus is still awaiting for a substantial data what the findings of our BRAVE and COMPETENT challengers will be.  ;)

Public BETA wil be announced soon for its public debut, once a substantial data is collected that the script is hot and smooth.

***TEAM JOOMLANCER PHILIPPINES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES AND/OR HARM THAT MAY CAUSED TO THE MAMBO MIGRATIONS WHCH THE ALPHA TESTERS WILL BE TAKING INTO THE  CHALLENGE.

"While currently at the ALPHA STAGE: AT ALLL TIMES, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK"

-guilliam

MystaMax
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MystaMax » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:22 pm

very interesting solution you guys made!  I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a great idea!

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:32 pm

MystaMax wrote: very interesting solution you guys made!  I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a great idea!
thank you.. its OUT for ALPHA TESTING,.. if you feel qualified to be one of its ALPHA TESTERS,.. dont hesitate to send me a pm and i'll send you the URL where you can take the migration script a spin! :)

URL is not yet PUBLICLY announced until conclusive ALPHA TEST reports are gathered.

-guilliam

chay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by chay » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:22 pm

I backed up one of my sites with cPanel, entered pertinent information to your alpha-testing page as directed, and gave it a go.  Absolutely no problems; now my site seems to be totally upgraded to Joomla! 1.0.0,  and all of my components seem to work.  That probably is v1.01, I guess. I see in another install that the .01 upgrade is not reflected in the administrator.

I'm delighted!  That was SOO easy compared to previous migration experiences I've had.  I was dreading the task.  Yes!!  Great job.

Thank you!
Last edited by chay on Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:34 am

chay wrote: I backed up one of my sites with cPanel, entered pertinent information to your alpha-testing page as directed, and gave it a go.  Absolutely no problems; now my site seems to be totally upgraded to Joomla! 1.0.0,  and all of my components seem to work.  That probably is v1.01, I guess. I see in another install that the .01 upgrade is not reflected in the administrator.

I'm delighted!  That was SOO easy compared to previous migration experiences I've had.  I was dreading the task.  Yes!!  Great job.

Thank you!
ohhhh.. great goodness! we love to hear things like this... makes our efforts(sleepless night) paid well! ehehhehe. thank you @chay for your COURAGE to stand into the CHALLENGE!.. we greatly appreciate that community spirit!

now on your bug report that you mentioned in one of your migration ".01" was not reflected? please PM me the details so we may trace what and where is the problem. is this version number youre saying the one stated/reflected in: admin-backend -> system -> system info ?? if you see other than:

Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.0.1 Stable [ Sunburst ] 21-Sep-2005 16:30 UTC 

let us know via sending me a pm, lets discuss from pm instead. 
chay wrote: I'm delighted!  That was SOO easy compared to previous migration experiences I've had.  I was dreading the task.  Yes!!  Great job.
love to hear that. :)

again thank you for standing to the alpha test CHALLENGE!

so anyone else is BRAVE enough to stand to the ALPHA TEST challenge? :) :) :) stand up! stand up! :)

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:26 am

hello again!!  :D

would like to remind all of those who stood for the challenge and sent me a PM that they will take the MIGRATION script a spin... be REMINDED:

"NOT to post the URL(the URL i gave you via pm) where the MIGRATION script is located on this thread."

it is a precautionary measure that we are implementing to avoid damages/errors that our most valued NEWBIES might commit. i mean, if it will be publicly announced(by posting the URL here) while it is on ALPHA STAGE(developers testing), our valued NEWBIES might get the curiosity(which usually kills the CAT! ehehhe :laugh:) to migrate thier own sites by themselves without proper documentation and implementation guidance. arghhhh! if this happens,.. it is likely that Team Joomlancer will have more support responsibilities to be addressed.  ;)

Team Joomlancer(http://www.joomlancer.com) is on tight sched in delivering this projects to the community the soonest time possible. again, we ask your support(those who were given the URL of the MIGRATION script) not to post the URL in the thread while on the stage of developer's testing.

it will be announce as soon as Team Joomlancer PH can see that the "automatic mambo to joomla migration script project" is stable enough to be released to the public as RC version. also, with its upcoming announcement we will be very happy to acknowledge each ang everyone who extended their support via;

1. lending their webhosts that has WHM's other than cPanel. 
2. languange translation support
3. those brave young men and women who stood up for the ALPHA TESTING challange of this project.

;)

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:11 am

Hello Gulliam ...... Just ran the test successfully No bugs detected till now. Once again it was a smooth install.
A. N. Jacob-New
The Tech & Design Blog http://www.Clazh.com

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 pm

bluesaze wrote: Hello Gulliam ...... Just ran the test successfully No bugs detected till now. Once again it was a smooth install.
thank you for taking into the challenge!  ;)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Migration Script is out for control panel using DirectAdmin. now open for ALPHA TESTING

Migration Script for control panel using DirectAdmin is OUT for qualified and seasoned ALPHA TESTERS only. the URL will only be given to you via pm. so if interested to try the migration script with using DirectAdmin control panel, please send me a pm.

-guilliam

chay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by chay » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:29 pm

This is just to confirm that my  upgrade was to Joomla! v1.01.  As noted above, I was briefly confused by the  header in Admin and the help page which continue to read 1.0.0. A click on system info, however, confirms the 1.0.1 upgrade.

What great tools, these two installers are.  I love them.  Thank you guilliam and team! ;D

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:54 pm

chay wrote: This is just to confirm that my  upgrade was to Joomla! v1.01.  As noted above, I was briefly confused by the  header in Admin and the help page which continue to read 1.0.0. A click on system info, however, confirms the 1.0.1 upgrade.

What great tools, these two installers are.  I love them.  Thank you guilliam and team! ;D
@chay, thank you sir! looking forward for your support in future community projects of Team Joomlancer PH.

@all,

DirectAdmin Alpha testing is out.. any other else who wish to stand for the ALPHA TESTING challenge, please rise up!

sc00zy
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sc00zy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:49 pm

Hi guilliam,

I will test it as soon as possible...
Arjan Menger
https://welldotcom.nl - Puntgaaf Internetbureau

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:56 pm

sc00zy wrote: Hi guilliam,

I will test it as soon as possible...
i bet you are very much qualified for ALPHA tester.. ehhehe.. link sitting in your pm's inbox. :)

artmyth
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by artmyth » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:15 am

Just completed a migration without any issues whatsover.  The site I tested it on also has the open-realty component, installed.

amazing work on this - thank you

Operating system  Linux
Kernel version 2.4.28-hardened-r4-esc39
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
PHP version 4.3.10
MySQL version 4.0.22-standard
cPanel Build 10.0.0-RELEASE 7
Theme        cPanel X v2.5.0
Last edited by artmyth on Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:38 am

artmyth wrote: Just completed a migration without any issues whatsover.  The site I tested it on also has the open-realty component, installed.

amazing work on this - thank you

Operating system  Linux
Kernel version 2.4.28-hardened-r4-esc39
Machine Type i686
PHP version 4.3.10
MySQL version 4.0.22-standard
cPanel Build 10.0.0-RELEASE 7
Theme        cPanel X v2.5.0

great!!!! thanks for ALPHA testing!

the FREE service will soon be released as a RC version to the public and Joomla Community!(just fixing some legal thingies and disclaimers.)  ;)

-guilliam

try
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by try » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:40 am

Hi Guilliam,

Can I try this?
I have site with spec as follow:
  Operating system  Linux
  Kernel version 2.4.31-ow1
  Machine Type i686
  PERL version 5.8.7
  PHP version 4.4.0
  MySQL version 4.1.13-standard
  cPanel Build 10.8.0-RELEASE 27
  Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

Cheers,

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:50 am

try wrote: Hi Guilliam,

Can I try this?
I have site with spec as follow:
  Operating system  Linux
  Kernel version 2.4.31-ow1
  Machine Type i686
  PERL version 5.8.7
  PHP version 4.4.0
  MySQL version 4.1.13-standard
  cPanel Build 10.8.0-RELEASE 27
  Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

Cheers,
URL and DISCLAIMER sitting on your inbox. let us know what transpires. :)

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:07 am

http://www.joomlancer.com/legal_documen ... .html 

^^^ disclaimer applied for the MAMBO to JOOMLA migration script. :)
Last edited by guilliam on Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:36 am

The multiple and conclusive tests and success of Mambo to Joomla migrations both  from Team Joomlancer PH and our brave ALPHA Testers who stood up to the ALPHA TEST challenge,.. TEAM JOOMLANCER PHILIPPINES is happy to announce the public release of the Mambo to Joomla Automaic Upgrade / Migrate / Update script to the public.

Currently(3 Oct 05, 425pm PH time) a 1.0.1 version of Joomla is the tar.gz file in our upload servers, The Team will update the tar.gz file to automatically execute a Mambo 4.5.2.x to Joomla 1.0.2 so that no more hassles of updating your Joomla 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 installations. just doing further testings what a mambo 4.5.2.x installation to Joomla 1.0.2 can have incompatibilities of. We do our best to see any incompatibilities before we release the migrattion script and installer script to install/migrate a Joomla 1.0.2 ver.   

make sure to read the published DISCLAIMER applied to this script(URL given above) or CLICK HERE.

here is the url where the script is waiting and sitting for your tons of migration to be done!

http://joomla.astang.net/automigrate

currently supporting cPanel and DirectAdmin WHM's or webhost Control Panels.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: FREE Mambo to Joomla Automatic Web-based MIGRATION, UPDATE, UPGRADE Script

Post by gws » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:54 am

Just completed a transition without any problems, modules installed = simple board, event calendar,jomres,phpshop and philaform. Very nice work team,congrats to all of you.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:01 am

gws wrote: Just completed a transition without any problems, modules installed = simple board, event calendar,jomres,phpshop and philaform. Very nice work team,congrats to all of you.
wooohooo!.. contratulations to you too!

thats what we are worried about in the migration if the add-on 3PD's in your site can survive the migration/update/upgrade process. specially those data base extensive components like forums and php-shop.

thank you in behalf of the Team Joomlancer Philippines!  ;)

-guilliam

Woof
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Woof » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:24 pm

Guilliam does this thing only like certain themes? I have my cpanel theme as radiance and I can log into cpanel just fine but I keep getting this error.

*** Please correct error(s) ***

- Invalid Host/Username/Password or Theme

Any thoughts?

Rhee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rhee » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:52 pm

Woof wrote: Guilliam does this thing only like certain themes? I have my cpanel theme as radiance and I can log into cpanel just fine but I keep getting this error.

*** Please correct error(s) ***

- Invalid Host/Username/Password or Theme

Any thoughts?
With that kind of error, I think your using the installer for Direct Admin. Try to go to http://joomla.astang.com and click the appropriate Control Panel link for your Installation.

ebaart
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ebaart » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:46 pm

Migration seems OK, but all I immediately see is a change in the template for the backend that looks more like Joomla now but logo's and copyright still is mambo, its still mentions mambo 452...
Everything is working fine, but how can I check my mambo now really is a full joomla ?

asiastar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by asiastar » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:52 pm

Do you have a script to use this with plesk 7.5.2 as well or with a direct admin. server?

Thanks

Ken
It will all work out in the end.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:54 pm

ebaart wrote: Migration seems OK, but all I immediately see is a change in the template for the backend that looks more like Joomla now but logo's and copyright still is mambo, its still mentions mambo 452...
Everything is working fine, but how can I check my mambo now really is a full joomla ?
go to backend(or log-in) then follow:

system --> system info --> look on the 6th row. it should read as below:

Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.0.2 Stable [ Sunset ] 02-Oct-2005 16:00 UTC

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”