Project Name Chosen- Discussion

A place to discuss recent announcements made by the Joomla! Core Team. Let's hear what you have to say.
MindXing
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Project Name Chosen- Discussion

Post by MindXing » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:15 am

It's nice to have a name.  I doubt anyone would argue that it is not unique and maybe even a bit quirky.  It's up to the dev team and us (the community) to make the name memorable.

_M_
Mike Noel: http://www.vnoel.com

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis

newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by newart » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:35 am

YES, Excellent choice!
former Q&T WorkGroup Joomla member - Italian Translation Team Member

fjcantais
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fjcantais » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:49 am

Er... Am I the only person here to realize that names beginning with a "J" are strongly associated with the Java language???

You know, JBoss, JRun, JMS, JNI, JDBC, Jakarta, James, Jasper Reports... ¿Joomla?  :-\

Couldn't you guys translate the "all together" motto into, for instance, Russian, Finnish or Spanish to see if it sounds better or just doesn't starts with a J?

I mean this name sucks but, hey, we'll have to deal with it from now on, so...  :D

Sorry for beign this critical, I guess I'm not on my greatest day today.

mediawizard
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mediawizard » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:23 am

Elpie wrote: J' Lo? Wow! Another celebrity we could ask to endorse us!  ;D
rofl, we can always ask, with her ass-ets [jos-ets?] you can call it anything and people will buy, lol  ;D
hhemken wrote: Great name! Of course it is surprising, weird, unusual, and will cause smiles and bewilderment! That's the point! This is an entirely new brand in the SW marketplace. As I suggested in my earlier post, the name must mean this specific piece of software, and nothing else. It is in effect a globally unique identifier. Also, it is only two syllables, easy to pronounce, and very difficult to confuse with anything else. Well, except maybe Jamba Juice, but that has positive connotations.

Excellent choice!
I totally agree with this, clients of mine can't stop smiling when I tell them the name Joomla!  ;)
Has quite a positive effect on the whole presentation in fact by lightening up the mood!!

The globally unique identifier is actually the main reason I like this name, as also the meaning of the word

I'll restate -
Excellent choice!
Doz wrote: Are people called Joombers now? joomlads & joomladies?

Do we use mods coms and joombots? joombots sounds cool!

when we insert an image tag into content will it be a {joombimage} or a {jmbimage}? joompic?

Is it a time for Joombilation? lol, totally

The community and core are going to have to come up with a whole new dialect of puns, word fragments, concatenations and other abuses of the english language to give the name force and appeal, to take possession of it and make it theirs.
We're using Jooms for sites using Joomla! :)

Seems like we need to start a Joomictionary!! ;)
https://www.mediawiz.biz - Pro Web Solutions & Promotion

pushfrog98
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by pushfrog98 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:55 pm

mediawizard wrote:
Seems like we need to start a Joomictionary!! ;)
For shizzle my joomizzle.

Ok, that was bad.

I heard someone say that we should change mambots to joojoobots
- Jared Smith

Return to “Announcements Discussions”