Multilanguage Guide for VirtueMart (Moved on 6 December 2007)

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
BlackPeeT
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Multilanguage Guide for VirtueMart

Post by BlackPeeT » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks... VERY MUCH...
I tried to make that work but there was no luck

Thanks again

Ervino
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Miltilanguage Guide for VirtueMart

Post by Ervino » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:26 pm

ivo.apostolov wrote: Aaah, you should add the portuguesse (or whatever language) language file to the virtuemart.
After it is there, the Joom!Fish will load it. There should be translation available in the virtuemart.net website.
So this labels are determined there. The file should be added to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages
Hi, I'm trying to do exactly this for a Dutch language, but I keep getting an error code:

[22:10:19] 550 dutch.php: Permission denied
[22:10:19] MDTM 20070107203602 dutch.php
[22:10:19] 550 20070107203602 dutch.php: No such file or directory
[22:10:19] TYPE A

I've tried setting the folder permissions to 777, but that didn't help. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Lanee
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Lanee » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:43 pm

i have a smaaaalll problem  heheh

when i try to change to Serbian language i have this code on my screen

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare vmLanguage::$_PHPSHOP_SHOPPER_GROUP_LIST_MNU in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\!xenoni\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\languages\serbian_lat.php on line 458
but other people dont have this problem

i did everything "by the book" but it`s still not working

beyond
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by beyond » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:46 pm

vedig wrote: 1) How can I translate the shipping methods? I can not see them in the JOOM!FISH translation menu.
2) When i try to translate the Shop Information, I can not publish it. Is it a well known bug?
I made two extra xml-files for vm_shipping_carrier and for vm_shipping_rate. Add them to administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements and start translating.
I attach a zip with both xml-files.
I changed the content element xml to be able to publish the Shop info. In vm_store_info.xml I changed

<field type="titletext" name="vendor_store_name" translate="0">Store Name</field>
to

<field type="titletext" name="vendor_store_name" translate="1">Store Name</field>
. You can now publish.

But when I show the Terms of Service it will still not show up in the desired language...

Edit: Found the solution for this last problem:

In the file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.tos.php change line 23 from:

$q = "SELECT vendor_terms_of_service FROM #__{vm}_vendor ";
to:

$q = "SELECT vendor_id, vendor_terms_of_service FROM #__{vm}_vendor ";
I found a similar case on http://www.virtuemart.net, http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option= ... ic=22942.0.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by beyond on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supernova34
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by supernova34 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:58 am

Hi,

My site is in english / french
My problem is when I select in joomla the default language english or french Virtuemark looks good in both language but not with joomfish.
It translate only search module and who's online all others modules are in default language of Joomla.
The problem is with Joomla 1.012 and VM 1.010.

Any ideas are very welcomed !

Sincerely,

jim
Last edited by supernova34 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:23 pm

supernova34, please describe the problem in better way. I am sorry, but I lost my cristal ball :)

supernova34
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by supernova34 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm

hey !

I'll try to explain my VM-bug in a better way...

I've got no problem with the multilanguage when it commes to Joomla 1.0.12, VM 1.0.9 and Joomfish 1.7. BUT, when I install VM 1.0.10 I don't have all the modules in multilanguage. It translates only the "search" module and the "who's online" module of Joomla, not the shopping cart or anything else. For example, I've choosen french as default language for the web site, and when I click on "english" all the modules except "search" and "who's online", stay in the default language (french) selected in the beginning.

Grateful for some help...

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:09 pm

Do you have cache enabled in the Joomla! configuration.
I looked at the changelog of VM 1.0.10 and there is obviously nothing that might break the work.

supernova34
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by supernova34 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:33 am

no, no cache enable !

I found a hack here :
http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option= ... ic=26493.0
I'll try ...

Keep in touch !

thanks

Nilos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nilos » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:06 pm

This hack is really useful, it solved my problem that I have spent hours trying to figure out:

After upgrading to 1.0.10 (at least I think this is the reason), I found that if I changed a parameter in Admin/Configuration, my menu translations would stop working.

Ivo, there must be something wrong here.... do you have any opinions about this?    If not, I'll just have to apply the hack, every time I change a parameter...  ;)

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:14 pm

No, no clue. I need to take a look at the new mart.

blogcmyk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by blogcmyk » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:08 am

hello ivo,… thank for your Work

Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable_ VirtueMart 1.0.10

I install french language in my joomla all was in french, I install virtuemart and the french laguage works too.
I translat my menu and a few pages in my joomla .....  language switcher work ...

but now i have follow the step for translate the inside of virtuemart i got the list in the joomfish admin drop down menu (EX: virtuemart product category, etc…)
but now the probleme when I'am in english mode i clik my menu on the shop button and all my texte goes in french the translation don't work…

any idea ..?

effi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by effi » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:08 pm

ivo.apostolov wrote: Edit the XML file for the attributes and change the field from text to textarea
i feel mega stupid but i just can't find that file anymore... could you please tell me where it is?

tady10
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tady10 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:19 pm

supernova34 wrote: hey !

I'll try to explain my VM-bug in a better way...

I've got no problem with the multilanguage when it commes to Joomla 1.0.12, VM 1.0.9 and Joomfish 1.7. BUT, when I install VM 1.0.10 I don't have all the modules in multilanguage. It translates only the "search" module and the "who's online" module of Joomla, not the shopping cart or anything else. For example, I've choosen french as default language for the web site, and when I click on "english" all the modules except "search" and "who's online", stay in the default language (french) selected in the beginning.

Grateful for some help...
Hi,

I think I have the same problem, I have downloaded and installed the [Joomla-1.0.12_eCommerceEdition_VM-1.0.10] from "virtuemart.net" And after installing languages (joomfish - languages - contentelements) whenever selecting any other language other than the English (which is default) nothing is translated (except for search and who's online) AND the combo box remains highlighting "English"

Please advise

samsung
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by samsung » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:01 pm

can anybody give me the link to the arabic language file for VM

Cheers

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:41 am

For everyone having problems with Virtuemart 1.0.10, try to replace the file virtuemart_parser.php with the one attached in the post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

betster
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Multilanguage Guide for VirtueMart (Last Update 17 April 2007)

Post by betster » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:43 am

After following the instructions from this post with a fresh install of Joomla 1.0.12 Virtuemart 1.0.10 and Joomfish 1.7, I was having issues with the home page not translating properly and the Virtuemart not translating at all.. I had followed all the instructions as supplied in this post and was wondering where I had erred...

The addition of this last zip file posted yesterday solved all those problems!!!  Thanks Ivo for the great post and support for it as well..!!!

fly_sun
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fly_sun » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:04 am

Dear Ivo,

Thanks for your information and I could have the multi-language selection work partly. I would like to have a web site with english, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. I have installed the Joomla-1.0.12_eCommerceEdition_VM-1.0.10. I followed the instructions you given below and I have the translations options for the whole web site through Joomfish.

When I used the Joomfish to translate the english words to traditional and simplified chinese, I find it is working for the Joomla, e.g. Menu, etc. However, when I edit the items (virtueMart product Catagory), say, simplified chinese, some special characters come out like: 科骏服务.

I have saved all the words in UTF-8 for both Joomla and VirtueMart Language pack.

Could you please advise what I should do and both the Joomla and VirtueMart traditional and simplified Chinese could work properly.

Thanks,
fly_sun

ivo.apostolov wrote: Hi all,
as there are plenty of requests how to make VirtueMart multilanguage, I decided to open a thread, where most of the things will be explained.

To have the Future of E-Commerce running on your site you should do some simple steps.

1. Install VirtueMart (1.0.10). Take it from here
2. Install Joom!Fish 1.7. Take it from here
3. Install the languages you want to use and configure the Joom!Fish
4. Add the VirtueMart Translations you are going to use in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages
5. Add your products in the normal way in VirtueMart
6.1. Add to the folder administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/ the files attached to this thread (Joom!Fish-VirtueMart-Support.zip) . If can upload those files easy with the Joom!Fish Content Element Installer. Get it from here and upload the files one by one and NOT AS ZIP.

6.2. Or install as a component the other attached file (com_vm_joomfish.zip). It will add the support and will remove itself. It will give and error on installation, but don't worry, this is expected.

NOTE: You need to do either 6.1 or 6.2 and NOT both.

7. Open the translation feature of Joom!Fish. Choose, what to translate from the dropdown and start translating the products, manufacturers, whatever.
8. Publish the translations.

USERS OF VIRTUEMART 1.0.10 - Please replace the file virtuemart_parser.php with the one attached in this post (virtuemart_parser_JF10.zip).

I will try to update this thread and the files in it.

Ivo

Edit on 01 June 2006: Updated the file with the Content Elemens (The XML Files attached to this thread). Found small bug in the product attributes, which is fixed now. Also added filter option for the products. Those now can filtered by product category.
Edit on 02 August 2006: Updated version of VirtueMart to 1.0.6
Edit on 13 January 2007: Updated version of VirtueMart to 1.0.9
Edit on 17 April 2007: Added patch for Virtuemart 1.0.10

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:27 am

It is an issue related to the specific language and has nothing to do with VirtueMart. I would recommend you to convert everything in UTF-8, but the best will be to ask someone who is aware with the chineese languages.

1llusion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1llusion » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 am

Hello I have installed Joomla 1.12 with virtuemart 1.10 and joomfish 1.7

All in joomla works fine.
I can see different languages for menu items and site content.

However when i switch to virtuemart componenets something goes wrong.

My standard language is Dutch.
My prefered extra language is English
In English all works perfect.
In Dutch al my virtuemart pages go blank.
No exceptions.

I have created a nederlands language. (Dutch but written in dutch.)
That does not work either.

I have the language files in the following directories:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages
administrator/components/com_smf/language (Should not be an issue for this)
language

My site is http://www.1llusion.nl
What am I doing wrong?

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:00 am

Did you replace the parser file?

Agrrrr.
Don't use one and the same ISO code for two languages.

1llusion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1llusion » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:44 am

I removed 3rd test language.
Only two languages left, with both different ISO codes.

I had already placed Parser file as told in description.
I did it again.

I have no changes in what happens.
Still the same problem.

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:47 am

Could you please try to change the ISO of the Dutch to something else - i.e. nl_NL

1llusion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1llusion » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Done does not work either

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Could you PM me access to your backend. I think something messed up with the two languages with the same ISO.

What is the encoding of the dutch language file for Joomla!, the dutch language file for VirtueMart and the database collation?
Last edited by ivo.apostolov on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxa
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by maxa » Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 am

Joomla 1.0.12 - Virtuemart 1.0.10 - Joom!fish 1.7 - I have uploaded the new virtuemart_parser.php

I have three problems:

1. Translation for Order Status does not show
I have translated the Order Status through Joom!Fish, but it shows only the default language anyhow. In the Order E-mail, it shows correct translation, but not on the client's Order Information pages.

2. Date in Order Confirmation E-mail is not translated
Everything is translated fine by Joom!Fish in the Order Confirmation E-mail, except the Order Date. It shows default language.

3. Translation for Store Information refuses to be published
I have translated Store Information, but it refuses to publish. It shows unpublished whatever I do.

Help would be very much apreciated.

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Mon May 07, 2007 9:42 am

1. Translation for Order Status does not show
I have translated the Order Status through Joom!Fish, but it shows only the default language anyhow. In the Order E-mail, it shows correct translation, but not on the client's Order Information pages.
-> This is due to some SQL incompatibilities in the VirtueMart code. There should be a query with missing call to the order status ID.

2. Date in Order Confirmation E-mail is not translated
Everything is translated fine by Joom!Fish in the Order Confirmation E-mail, except the Order Date. It shows default language.
->Do you have problems with the dates in other parts of Joomla! or just the shop?

3. Translation for Store Information refuses to be published
I have translated Store Information, but it refuses to publish. It shows unpublished whatever I do.

Help would be very much apreciated.
[/quote]
-----> Unpublished or unfinished translation, there is difference?

maxa
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by maxa » Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 am

Thanks for your fast reply.

1. So what to do about that?

2. No, the rest of the site shows dates correctly.

3. What do you mean with "unfinished translation"? Attached is a screendump. It is unpublished and I can't publish it.

ivo.apostolov
I've been banned!

Post by ivo.apostolov » Mon May 07, 2007 10:05 am

1. So what to do about that?
---> You need to check the SQL queries that are extracting the status from the database. I have no idea where it could be. There you need to add the ID of the status to be called.

2. No, the rest of the site shows dates correctly.
----> This is something new. Probably VM is calling the PHP date function separately. You better ask on that in the VM forum.

3. What do you mean with "unfinished translation"? Attached is a screendump. It is unpublished and I can't publish it.
What happens, when you click on Publish? Stays unpublished? If so, could you try to manually change the state through phpMyAdmin in the table jos_jf_content about this record. The state should be 1 in the column published

maxa
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by maxa » Mon May 07, 2007 10:26 am

ivo.apostolov wrote: 3. What do you mean with "unfinished translation"? Attached is a screendump. It is unpublished and I can't publish it.
What happens, when you click on Publish? Stays unpublished? If so, could you try to manually change the state through phpMyAdmin in the table jos_jf_content about this record. The state should be 1 in the column published
Yes, it stays unpublished.
I checked phpMyAdmin and it states Published! So now I checked the site again and saw that the first part of Store Information, namely the Store Description shows translated, but not the Terms of Service part. It was the TOS translation that I was looking for from start.

So, here is the correct problem description: Store Information consists of two parts. The first part (Description) shows translattion fine, but the second part (Terms of Service) does not show translation. Also, the backend still shows Unpublished, while the database shows Published.  :-\

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”