Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
august
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Scrip

Post by august » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:13 am

I can translate it to norwegian, but one thing: I feel veeeery bad about giwing away my cpanel password. Can i trust this?
August Lilleaas
http://august.lilleaas.net.
<3

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Scrip

Post by gws » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi,You can change your password for the duration of the operation and then change it back again to what it was before.HTH.

passage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by passage » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:38 am

I am wondering about something. I tried to install this and I want it to install under the root of my domain. However, if I don't fill out the field for "desired directory" it seems to not install. At least not a working example of Joomla. I tried to add a directory here and it did install nicely then? Am I missing something? Can I write just a slash / or something instead of a directory? Or how would I be able to install Joomla in the root of my domain: http://www.mydomain.com&nbsp; ( and not http://www.mydomain.com/joomla )

Hope you can have an answer for me there.. :-)

Best regards,

Passage
En for alle, alle for Joomla! / One for all, all for Joomla!
Web design Agency: http://www.webverksted.no --> Making the web beautiful with Joomla!
Member of Joomla! in Norway: http://www.joomlainorge.no --> Norwegian Joomla! association

Rhee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Post by Rhee » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:46 am

The auto installation program for cPanel currently does not support root install. If you specify a directory, it will be automatically created for you. We encountered some complications while doing a root install on host using cPanel. Until we can get rid of these major complications, the program wont be able to support root install for cPanel.

I think DirectAdmin already supports root installation.

passage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by passage » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:52 am

Ok, here goes another silly stupid newbie question.

How do I then get the joomla site to work when you click on: http://www.mydomain.com ( when it is installed in: http://www.mydomain.com/joomla )???

A short brief explanation would be great :-)

Passage
En for alle, alle for Joomla! / One for all, all for Joomla!
Web design Agency: http://www.webverksted.no --> Making the web beautiful with Joomla!
Member of Joomla! in Norway: http://www.joomlainorge.no --> Norwegian Joomla! association

Rhee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rhee » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:55 am

passage wrote: Ok, here goes another silly stupid newbie question.

How do I then get the joomla site to work when you click on: http://www.mydomain.com ( when it is installed in: http://www.mydomain.com/joomla )???

A short brief explanation would be great :-)

Passage
As suggested earlier, after running our installation program. You can ftp to your account and copy the contents of the installation directory to your root directory before running the Joomla Configuration.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:28 pm

I have managed on three sites now to install in the root directory by deleting the public_html folder from the file manager in cpanel and then telling the script to install in the public_html folder which it creates, so far no poblems.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:36 pm

gws wrote: I have managed on three sites now to install in the root directory by deleting the public_html folder from the file manager in cpanel and then telling the script to install in the public_html folder which it creates, so far no poblems.
you got our ~internal secret~, its a little  trick! LMAO!!! :)

ahhahhha.. LOL!! guess thats the trick.. a little trickiy for completely newbies.. but that should do the trick.. by deleting the webroot(public_html folder) then install to that folder. im pretty amazed you guys are very innovative. :)

as the Team's co-leader mentioned (Rhee) we are working to make it install install in the webroot (public_html) and we are encountering process errors(this is via cpanel installation). guess thats why fantastico suggests also installing in a sub-folder,.. just my guess though. :)

-guilliam
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

manne2004
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by manne2004 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:21 pm

What about Plesk?
Any Luck yet?

My other site is hosted using a "konsolH" ever heard of it?

ssoltz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ssoltz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:51 pm

Very cool...

Just found this thread...I must say I am very excited.

My site is in a transitional state right now...

We have a working, live  HTML site in our webroot. I have a temporary *ambo 4.5.2.3 install in a directory off of our root. I am using a number of components / modules with it:
-extCalendar
-introtext
-Facile Forms
-show submenu enhanced mod
I am also running SMF 1.1 beta 4 on both the *ambo site and the live site (different dbs) and have that bridged and using the SMF login module.

I am very much a newbie at all of this. I do not understand your use of the term "cPanel Theme". The only cPanel theme I know of is the ability to change the color of the cPanel GUI. I know this definitely is NOT what you are talking about. I know that the cPanel is version 10.8.0-RELEASE-58 and the cPanel pro is version 1.0 (RC36). It is definitely running on port 2083.

I have been waiting for the right time and method to convert my *ambo over to Joomla and it looks like your script might make that possible and relatively painless. I also know that at one time or another, I screwed up all the file and directory permissions on the *ambo site.

Can you give me some advice on how I should proceed? Is the 2083 bug fixed yet?

Thank you very much!
Steve Soltz
SSK Creatives

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:57 pm

I think you need this forum http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html for migrating from mambo to joomla.

Hugo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Hugo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:02 pm

****BUMP*****

And what" s written below goes for the auto- upgrader too :-)

Hugo wrote: Hello,

Just like another user here I'm hosted at powweb. They have their own control panel solution. I think it's propreatary, but it can be a spinoff of one you guys know.

Anyway, powweb is quite big and I think a lot of mambo/ joomla users are on their servers. I have one account with them that's just sitting there for the moment. Would it be of any help if I give you acces to deveolp a powweb version?

Hugo

focalguy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by focalguy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:22 am

I finally decided to give it a shot Saturday night. I backed everything up and then went for the migration from 4.5.2.3 -> J!1.0.2 and I must say it worked like a charm! The script did everything it was supposed to do.

As for my earlier problem, I'm not sure why it didn't work before but I would almost say maybe my cPanel got upgraded from the time I tried and the time I checked the version. The header seemed different to me, but I may just be crazy.

Thanks again for the great work guys!

ArtFusion
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla Installation? "Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script" is the SOLU

Post by ArtFusion » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:46 am

I have WebMin onmy Linux server and was wodnewring if this script will be ported to that Control Panel

Thanks

guilliam wrote:
aljoomla wrote: The autoinstall file says that the requirements for this script include cPanel. Does this mean only cPanel will work with this script? How about accounts using other software (ensim, etc...)? If you mean the hosting account control panel in general, I suggest not calling it cPanel as that term is a brand name and is specific to one specific software.
hello again aljoomla! when we said or used the term cPanel we mean cPanel(please check the link). it is specified in doing so because the script is specifically designed and configured to run on it. we even wish to have a verifiable statistics on what percentage does Joomla users uses other host managers & WHM(WebHost Managers) aside from cPanel. this way we can see the neccesity to produce(make a seperate community project) a script designed and to run on a non cPanel controlled environment. hence, it is currently NOT in this project's roadmap; we are very open to requests and wishlist for this feature. again, please do note that Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script Project  is a very young project(2 days old? ahihihihi  :P) thus FEATURE requests/wishlists, BUG reporting and Translations is very much appreciated from the community.

another reason also(as somewhat mentioned by @bluesaze) that we made this project possible is that it takes TIME for Fantastico to get the updates, or even (sometimes)you still have to ask your host admin to have their fantastico version updated to the latest version. furthermore; there are instances that some host, though they have cPanel as their host manager doesn't have fantastico.

thank you for the inputs.  :)

-guilliam
MG

"There's a force in the universe that makes things happen." - Ty Webb

pastor_rob
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla Installation? go: "Team Joomlancer PH - Auto Web INSTALLER Script"

Post by pastor_rob » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:14 pm

guilliam wrote: .
We do our best to see any incompatibilities before we release the migrattion script and installer script to install/migrate a Joomla 1.0.2 ver. 

make sure to read the published DISCLAIMER applied to this script(URL given above) or CLICK HERE.

here is the url where the script is waiting and sitting for your tons of migration to be done!

http://joomla.astang.net/automigrate

currently supporting cPanel and DirectAdmin WHM's or webhost Control Panels.

Is it just me ... or is this link not working ... I have tried it a while back and now every time I try to go there I get an error that this link is not working.  Any one else experience this???

Thanks for any help I can get on this matter.
He is the Good Shepherd - John 10:27

Rhee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rhee » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:37 pm

norman kaui
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by norman kaui » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:17 am

Wow! Very cool, guilliam !  :D  The only thing missing is the direct root install but it's still saves so much time that it really doesn't matter.  ...besides the internal "trick" renaming public_html works fine. 

Thanks again and Aloha to everyone! ...Joomla, joomla, joomla, joomla...sound like Hawaiian to me.  ;D
Please read forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

manne2004
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by manne2004 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:55 am

Did anyone get anywhere with PLESK?

I would like to try it but on my new domain....
Anyone here?

Bookie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Bookie » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:04 pm

This topic was really buzzing, it's all died. Is the project still going?

Sandy

Rhee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rhee » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:16 pm

Absolutely. The project is still alive although we havent got the time to port it to other control panels as of now since we are still busy with commercial projects.

For now, only cPanel and DA are supported, however, we already got testing server for other control panel and will be working on it as soon as we are done with our commercial projects

I hope you can all understand our position.

In the meantime, feel free to use our program at http://joomla.astang.com

Bookie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Bookie » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:42 pm

Of course, work must come first, the bills have to be paid!

Sandy

Tendy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Tendy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:32 pm

august wrote: I can translate it to norwegian, but one thing: I feel veeeery bad about giwing away my cpanel password. Can i trust this?
I feel the same way as August. Can we trust this and fill in our cPanel passwords without worry?
Always learning...

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:53 pm

Tendy wrote:
august wrote: I can translate it to norwegian, but one thing: I feel veeeery bad about giwing away my cpanel password. Can i trust this?
I feel the same way as August. Can we trust this and fill in our cPanel passwords without worry?
^^instructions of changing the pw to something else and changing it back to desired pw is in the page one.

@ssoltz, check the other thread(for auto migration) http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html we got a little time and made little tweak,.. works on https or those cPanel using port "2083".

as soon as we are done or we get a chance to grab time.. we will defintetely FULL THRUST this project and to support major control panels. specially that fantastico(newest build) has their auto installer in the cpanel.

now we wonder if other control panel's like plesk, DA, helm, etc will support us in return like the cPanel - Fatnastico tandem. ehhehe ;)
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:55 pm

Bookie wrote: Of course, work must come first, the bills have to be paid!

Sandy
"food on the table first" (as per qouted from Richard Harkrider) *winks* ;) thanks for all the understanding Joomla Community!.

- g 

steerpike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by steerpike » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:55 pm

Hello guilliam and other joomlas

Re problem installing using cpanel on port 2083

I notice a post from ebaart on the migration thread that said the migration process now works with cpanel on port 2083

Does this mean the Installation should also work on cpanel port 2083?

I did just try once more & got the same error as previously

Thanks

newjoom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by newjoom » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:24 pm

For some reason this does not work for me.  I look forward to help.  I get an error stating that I either have a bad password/username or the theme is wrong.  Thanks for your support.

ssoltz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ssoltz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:06 pm

guilliam,

Yes, I am tracking the other post now. It appears at least some are having success with the 2083 version now. Once I have a chance, I will give it a try and post my results...to the other topic, of course.

Now that things are branching, I am starting to feel a need to jump ships...

Thank you for all your hard work on this, it will make the transition easier for many of us!

Take care,
Steve Soltz
SSK Creatives

avrik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by avrik » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:00 am

Hi

looks great , I was try to make an installation and got the next problem:

in the Desired DB Name + username is only 7 character I can input ,

my server ask for min 15 character !!!

so i can't make the instalation /

thanks
avrik
Last edited by avrik on Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
avrik

www.hut.co.il-Web Site establishing

joomlaturk
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by joomlaturk » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Hi gulliam !!
I'd tried installing joomla 1.02 with your auto install....
with renaming public_html folder(public_htmlOLD) and it was succesfull
thanks for the great script.

when I'd rename the original public_html folder
there were these folders that now inside the renamed public_htmlOLD folder

_private
_vti_bin
_vti_cnf
_vti_log
_vti_pvt
_vti_txt
cgi-bin

does it cause any harm to my server and and my web site,
NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THESE FOLDERS ANYMORE???????

with another hosting account,
I'd tried upgrading mambo to joomla with your script

it says uograde is successful
but mambo site is same (no upgrade)

what did I do wrong???
joomla 1.6 Türk destek sitesi http://www.joomlaturk.net/

steve0
I've been banned!

Post by steve0 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:00 am

OH NO!!!!!

just followed all the instructions and have read all the posts in this thread but i still have a problem.

firstly, this is my info:

Operating system  Linux
Service Status Click to View
Kernel version 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp
Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.4
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Installed Perl Modules Click to View
PHP version 4.3.11
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard-log
cPanel Build 10.8.1-RELEASE 10
Theme BlueHost X v2.5.0

so i give all the correct info in the auto updater and it seems to go well, i get an installed successfully message.
then, when i go to open my site i get this :

http://www.media-hunter.com

ive tried to run the installer again but now it says  - Invalid Host/Username/Password or Theme

any ideas?
anyone?

steve0
http://www.media-hunter.com - a complete waste of time

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”