I just released version 0.2.0 of the extended menu module which comes with the extended menu pathway module (this requires the extended menu beeing installed)... and well I thought I let you know.
So original reason of life for this module was to give the option to have something like "Flat List" which works with sub menu items... looking at the source I decided to redesign it (hence it is not a hack and the code looks quite different)... yet it should offer all options the default mainmenu offers which should make it easier to play around with it.
This is what it mainly adds:
It adds menu styles:
- Tree List - like Flat List but with sub menus
- CSS Tree - makes it possible to show a DHTML Tree like Tree without DHTML (of course it behaves different)
- Ability to split the menu... either within the module itself or in different modules - the pathway shows as if it were a single menu
- access key support - you can assign access keys to menu items by marking up the menu items name
- patTemplate support... a template may design the HTML-output if necessary
- more control over the output - you can make each menu item get an hierarchy/position based id... that way you could style a menu item individually