To Do: Module Manager 1.1x

Your suggestions, modifications and corrections regards the documentation. Your help is important.
Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

To Do: Module Manager 1.1x

Post by Michelle Bisson » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:22 am

Please edit and proof-read this text. I will then update the admin manual.  Please read: Guidelines for Editing and Proof-reading:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,437.0.html

Please publish your work here in this thread.

Thanks!
============================================

Module Manager
http://help.joomla.org/content/view/91/153/
Last edited by charlwillia6 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

rdb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: To Do: Module Manager 1.1x

Post by rdb » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:26 pm

*** This module has been checked out for proof reading/editing ***
-- Joomla! Evangelist

rdb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by rdb » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:40 am

*** This module has been checked back in from proof reading/editing ***
*** No edits were made ***
-- Joomla! Evangelist

StephanS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by StephanS » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:44 am

*** This module has been checked out for proof reading/editing ***

t17169
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t17169 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:21 pm

Hi Michelle,

I see this has been checked out, but that was over a month ago.  In light of that and in the event the documentation member who has it checked out could better spend time on other things, I have begun proofreading as well.

_Beginning here: http://help.joomla.org/content/view/91/153/ and continuing to click next at the bottom of each page (as well as ignoring for now the links), below are my suggestions on the first 4 of 19 pages:

Module Manager 

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ***** 1

Module Manager

1st paragraph

Modules are modular elements used to display information items or interactive features throughout a Joomla ( and, in general,) it is unlikely you would need to change this.

Should you want to use positions that do not pre-exist in the default Joomla ( setup,) you can simply add a name for a module position and a description.

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****_page 4 aka next

Modules: New

The User module is a custom module created when clicking the 'New' icon in the Module Manager.(--spacing issue here--) You may use this module to display Content...

Type: mod_user

Details: (suggest line break before list begins)

Position: Choose which position that you want this module to display in. This is determined (--insert the word 'by'--) the positions available in your templates.

ID: This is the ID number for the module item. This is auto-allocated by the Joomla (<--typo, add ! after Joomla!)system when the module is saved.

Parameters:

Module Class Suffix: Add a suffix if needed <--insert commas: suffix, if needed,--)to be applied to the CSS class of the module (table.moduletable) to allow individual module styling.

This information does not concern RSS Feeds:

Custom Output: Here you may enter any text  (<--typo, extra space) or code you like that you wish (<--I would remove 'that you wish') to display it's (<--typo. It's its, not it's.)output (<--typo, extra space) in ths module anywhere on the pages of your site.

This information concerns RSS Feeds:

RSS URL: Enter here the URL of the RSSfeed (<--typo. Separate RSS and feed with a space) you want to display on your site.

Feed description: Choose to show or not the description text for the whole Feed.(<--consistancy. Only time Feed is capital when not first word in sentence or title. Should be lower case 'feed')

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****____to be continued if you want me to...
Last edited by t17169 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Suggestions, Modifications & Corrections”