SuckerFish vertical drop down menu CSS problem in Firefox (height: auto)?

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! 1.0.x templates here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
CompWWW
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

SuckerFish vertical drop down menu CSS problem in Firefox (height: auto)?

Post by CompWWW » Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 am

Hello, :-[

have been trying now for almost a week to figure out the following CSS issue
with installed module extended menu and suckerfish vertical drop-down menu java script.

In the template the ext. menu module with suckerfish uses the default DIV class (moduletable)
which has width parameter set to 100%. If there is no height parameter set to some fixed value
then in Firefox the div class of menu-suckerfish-vertical is displayed with no height at all in Firefox
(in IE everything works fine) -- with side effect being that a module below is actually overlapping
with ext.menu module destroying the whole layout.

You can see how it looks at our web design page www.CompWWW.pl

Another side effect of this issue is with long text lines in menu buttons that are breaking in 2 rows.
In IE everything is working fine (it can somehow automatically set the height parameter in the CSS
DIV class of the menu).

I read somewhere that there is a value height: auto; but this doesn't seem to help (neither as
setting height: 100%;). The only way to make it work in Firefox is to set height to some fixed px.

This is not convenient as e.g. all menu buttons are doubled in height (even for single line text buttons).

Does anyone know the solution to this issue?
Marek, http://www.CompWWW.pl Web Design Team

houston_mw
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: SuckerFish vertical drop down menu CSS problem in Firefox (h

Post by houston_mw » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:00 pm

I seem to be having the same issue using the Suckerfish menu. IE 7 works fine. Firefox displays the top menu item, however; the secondary menu items below do not display (or are displaying at 0 pixels). I am using Joomla 1.5.11.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Templates & CSS - 1.0.x”