Help adding categories to my FAQ section in 1.5. Are there any known issues?

Please see sticky inside.
aschultz22
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help adding categories to my FAQ section in 1.5. Are there any known issues?

Post by aschultz22 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:41 pm

I installed the default Joomla content, and I’ve been attempting to add some additional FAQs.  There were originally 4 categories in the FAQ section.  I added two new categories, and I added an article to one of the categories.  Neither of the new categories is showing up on the FAQ page. 

The FAQ page is using the Standard Section Layout, so I was expecting it to display all of the categories in the FAQ section, but my new categories are not there.

And currently the FAQ link from the Main Menu is inexplicably just displaying "News" in the content area.

leadict
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Help adding categories to my FAQ section in 1.5. Are there any known issues?

Post by leadict » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Yes, I have verified this issue on build 7799.

The "Empty Categories in Section" parameter doesn't work in the "Standard Section Layout".

I have done a global review of menu item parameters here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,173602.0.html

I've just added this issue to the list. Currently there is a work in progress regarding this.
"The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think" - Edwin Schlossberg.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 BETA 2”