The hot Transmenu 2.0 for Joomla is out! Topic is solved

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ftumind

The hot Transmenu 2.0 for Joomla is out!

Post by ftumind » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:42 pm

The big interest in Transmenu have encouraged me to work hard for the release of Transmenu 2.0. This updated version 2.0 is a stable version for both Joomla/Mambo and offers more options for Joomla/Mambo menus.

I. SEE TRANSMENU IN LIVE ACTION!
Live demo:
1. JA Altair
2. Blue Trans
3. Centauri
4. Arcturus Trans

II. MENU FEATURES
1. Vertical and Horizontal type. Each will use independent CSS file (transmenuv.css and transmenuh.css).
2. Options to choose menutype.
3. Unlimited submenus.
4. Main/sub, hover, active menus (both main and sub) will all have independent Css settings.
5. Alpha/Shadow settings for dropdown background (settings in transmenu.js).
6. Menu styles: dropdown/flyup (normally for Horizontal style) or from left/right (normally for Vertical style).
7. X and Y padding for submenu: applicable with page with > 2 levels menus.

III. UPDATES FROM VERSION 1.1
  Version 2.0 - 10/23/2005
- Change name from MBT TransMenu to JA TransMenu.
- Support 2 more directions for menu display: "up" and "left" (only "down" and "right" in v1.1).

READ FULL INFORMATION HERE
Last edited by ftumind on Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

speleo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: The hot Transmenu 2.0 for Joomla is out!

Post by speleo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:05 am

Transmenu is so good I can't see why anyone wouldn't use it.

I've got a slight issue which is as I'm also using the google maps component http://developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/google_maps which requires that your template HTML is modified as below.

change this:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
to this

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">
This allows the Google maps API to work properly and didn't seem to be affecting anything else. However Transmenu 1.0 didn't like it and nor does version 2.0. It's not a major problem and is unlikely to been seen by the vast majority of users. What it does is extends the shaddow of the dropdown level menus (vertical style) as shown in the attached jpg.

I suspect that this may not be a major issue to correct... (well heres hoping)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ftumind

Post by ftumind » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:57 pm

speleo wrote: Transmenu is so good I can't see why anyone wouldn't use it.

I've got a slight issue which is as I'm also using the google maps component http://developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/google_maps which requires that your template HTML is modified as below.

change this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
to this

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">
This allows the Google maps API to work properly and didn't seem to be affecting anything else. However Transmenu 1.0 didn't like it and nor does version 2.0. It's not a major problem and is unlikely to been seen by the vast majority of users. What it does is extends the shaddow of the dropdown level menus (vertical style) as shown in the attached jpg.

I suspect that this may not be a major issue to correct... (well heres hoping)
Thank speleo,
I will look indepth into this and will resolve this issue in the next release of JA Transmenu.

pixelsoul
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pixelsoul » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:01 am

:( Hmm it does not seem to work on Opera 9 (technology preview)
Go and visit my site you know you want to ^_^
http://www.mech7.net

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:45 pm

I posted this on the joomlart.com page for TM 2.0, but thought I'd post it here as well in case anyone can benefit from it. 

Here are a couple of tweaks I made in order to get more valid XHTML in transmenu.php:

Line 18: add self-closing / to the tag

Lines 30,42: add quotes to table parameters (e.g., cellpadding="0")

I'd love to see the developer implement these minor changes in the next version.

ftumind

Post by ftumind » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:48 pm

sunsetonline wrote: I posted this on the joomlart.com page for TM 2.0, but thought I'd post it here as well in case anyone can benefit from it. 

Here are a couple of tweaks I made in order to get more valid XHTML in transmenu.php:

Line 18: add self-closing / to the tag

Lines 30,42: add quotes to table parameters (e.g., cellpadding="0")

I'd love to see the developer implement these minor changes in the next version.
Sure I will, thank  you very much sunsetonline :)

warmac
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by warmac » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:02 am

ok got transmenu to work, seems a bit complicated plus it messes with my portal template and since it doesn't line up where the menu is suppose to be it will take more work on positioning it which may lead to not being properly aligned in all browsers, isn't there a more universal dropdown menu for joomla ? Something that just pops into place replacing any menu set :D

Would be nice to have dhtml menu as a built in option in joomla
Last edited by warmac on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

m8rk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by m8rk » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:51 pm

I've tried to update this to work with the current default theme: solarflare, but i'm having problems with the images in IE.

In Firefox it works fine, but I just cant get the images to stop repeating in IE. [the vast majority of my visitors will be using IE so I have to cater for them unfortunately :(]. I changed the image/s to the new one/s, and removed the shadow effects as I didn't want that.

Can anyone help me out please? [the test site is HERE - Links submenu]

The css file HERE
Last edited by m8rk on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silentz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Install just seems to create standard links with no drop down

Post by silentz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:50 pm

HI there,

I just installed Transmenu 2 with no problems. Picked a position. Disabled other mods using that position. Transmenu comes up, however...

It's only creating standard links. There doesn't seem to be any boxes, any sliding menus of any direction. Just links the same as if I was using the standard menu mod not transmenu. I've tried:

- ch modding both the ja_mod_transmenu folder to be more easily read and the .js file inside it to be more easily executed.
- viewing in both IE and FF
- Looking at it in different templates
- Changing settings on the menu Transmenu is reproducing
- CHecking that TM2 is published, which it is and that competing modules in the same position are unpublished.

So far no luck.

I'm on Joomla 1.03
PHP V. 4.3.11
Using a template modified from rhuk_solarflare_ii

Any ideas? Thanks!
Last edited by silentz on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howdy!

m8rk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by m8rk » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:07 am

@silentz

I assume that you've added items as submenu's??

warmac
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by warmac » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:06 pm

Hey m8rk, that's some kind of avatar you got there, I look like that after a hangover  :laugh:

mlangham
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Transmenu 2 creating "ownership" issues of files?

Post by mlangham » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:09 pm

I read of a problem similar to mine at the author's site.

I cannot seem to change pemissions on files/directories installed via ja_Transmenus install.

Any help on this? It's sorta hard to tweak/change/alter the css files when one is not allowed. :)

I tried manully extracting the 2 files and it's directory into "modules", but i can't find them in the "modules" installed aftwards. (as that is the first time i've manually installed a module, this could well be operator error. ;))

The Transmenu module looks promising from what i've seen, even more so perhaps than SWmenuFree

Can't tell though until i can actually play with the thing.

Michael
Let me be confident enought to be humble

speleo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by speleo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:47 pm

use MamboExplorer. That should sort you out.

http://mamboforge.net/projects/mamboxplorer/

mlangham
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Transmenu 2 creating "ownership" issues of files?

Post by mlangham » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:38 pm

speleo wrote: use MamboExplorer. That should sort you out.

http://mamboforge.net/projects/mamboxplorer/
Nifty component there Speleo! Thanks! That indeed did the trick that both Fetch and cPanel could not. I'm now able to "edit" the css whereas before i could not.

MAMBOXPLORER  also pointed out the NUMEROUS other module/component items that were installed with "99" status, that is to say NOBODY as the owner.

Any thoughts or threads on this behavious available on this forum?

Although the XPLORER is a nifty File Directory type tool, it seems a bit inane to need 3 tools to do the same thing. What part of the installation process of components and/or modules causes the "nobody" designation?

I work with a few mambo installations, and many more to come i'm sure, and would like to do whatever it is that "I" need to do to alleviate these types of burps/problems  in the future.

Thanks!

Michael

m8rk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by m8rk » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:32 pm

I've found that deleting the module from the modules menu doesn't work - it leaves the files on the server - then you can't upload the module again because it's already there! But from installers > uninstall... it does work!

The way I got around having a dead install that I couldn't delete was to rename the module in the XML file with a different name.

I modded the css file, uninstalled the package - then re-installed and activated the module - a bit long winded!

I too wonder about all those files and folders I have no access to. Obviosly the Joomla installation can change them even though we with ftp access cannot.

Also, does the global configuration > file and direstory permissions affect this setting across the whole site? - it says it will but that doen't seem to apply - I just tried it on the default template "solarflare" - and it's still unwriteable.
Last edited by m8rk on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warmac
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by warmac » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:37 pm

The tigra mod by stingrey worked perfectly first time, highly recommend it

m8rk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by m8rk » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:31 am

in my mind warmac I look like you! ;)

mlangham
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mlangham » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:35 pm

warmac wrote: The tigra mod by stingrey worked perfectly first time, highly recommend it
I second that opinion. Installed as expected. Once permissions correctly set (yes, this is yet another module installation that introduces that "Nobody" user again  :P) for the css file, this menu cosmetic was applied without hassle whatsoever.

Kudos to the developer(s) and to warmac for the heads-up.

Michael

eric
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by eric » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:04 pm

Anyone else have trouble with Transmenu 2.0 and Safari?  It seems that Grandchild menus aren't showing under safari.
Think for yourself, question authority.

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:50 pm

eric wrote: Anyone else have trouble with Transmenu 2.0 and Safari?  It seems that Grandchild menus aren't showing under safari.
This seems to be a Safari issue. I'm not sure if there is anything the author of TransMenu could change to make third-level menus work in Safari.  At any rate, don't worry about it being your site or your implementation.  I've done a lot of messing with TransMenu and looked at a number of sites that use TransMenu successfully, and none of them have third-level (grandchild) menus in Safari.

TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by TomT » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:06 pm

I managed to get Transmenu into my template and adjust the CSS, buttttttttt the popout menu is placed in difefrent positions  in Firefox and in IE. Does anyone know how to solve this?

TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by TomT » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:16 am

sunsetonline wrote: This seems to be a Safari issue. I'm not sure if there is anything the author of TransMenu could change to make third-level menus work in Safari.  At any rate, don't worry about it being your site or your implementation.  I've done a lot of messing with TransMenu and looked at a number of sites that use TransMenu successfully, and none of them have third-level (grandchild) menus in Safari.
I can't see second level menu items either in Safari (1.0.3). I realise I have an old version. Does it work at more recent versions of Safari?

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:48 pm

Yes, I don't remember which version exactly I tested on, but it was probably recent or current.  Child menus (drop-down or slide-out menus in TransMenu) worked fine in Safari.  Just to be clear, the third-level (grandchild) menus did not appear in Safari.

ftumind

Post by ftumind » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:31 pm

sunsetonline wrote: Yes, I don't remember which version exactly I tested on, but it was probably recent or current.  Child menus (drop-down or slide-out menus in TransMenu) worked fine in Safari.  Just to be clear, the third-level (grandchild) menus did not appear in Safari.
Hi friends,
There is one thing you may need to know when getting Transmenu to work with all browers.
1. Transmenu will work well on Safari with the defaul templates
2. If you change to another templates (especially those are not HTML validated or contains messy codes) Transmenu may not work
3. The above 2 things maynot right for different version of Safari

warmac
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by warmac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:50 pm

Forget transmenu,

use Sting Rey's Tigra Menu works perfect everytime, save yourself some hassle

TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by TomT » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:02 am

warmac wrote: Forget transmenu,use Sting Rey's Tigra Menu works perfect everytime, save yourself some hassle
You may be right, Allthough Tigra is less flashy, it works easy on different browsers.

Edit: Tigra seems to have a fixed width for the menu items, one can give it a specific value, but not set it to auto or 100%. This is a very big limitation which makes it impossible to integrate in my template.
Last edited by TomT on Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by TomT » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:16 am

ftumind wrote: Hi friends,
There is one thing you may need to know when getting Transmenu to work with all browers.
1. Transmenu will work well on Safari with the defaul templates
2. If you change to another templates (especially those are not HTML validated or contains messy codes) Transmenu may not work
3. The above 2 things maynot right for different version of Safari
Thanks for this reply, there is still another main issue that isn't solved: the childmenu isn't displayed at the same place in FF and IE, also in the default templates. I think we need a solution for this else Transmenu isn't usefull.

jimpa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jimpa » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:29 pm

Where do the submenus get their position from in Transmenu?  I am very anxious to use Transmenu having found Stingrey's Tigra menu to not allow for separate submenu height adjustment (correct me if i am wrong).  But I can't really use Transmenu either if the menus are all over the place. See attached example of the offset menus I get with Transmenu. The submenu in the image is for the "Candidates" menu item and it appears way down by the "Meet Us" menu item.

Any help is much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jimpa on Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:13 pm

jimpa wrote: Where do the submenus get their position from in Transmenu?  I am very anxious to use Transmenu having found Stingrey's Tigra menu to not allow for separate submenu height adjustment (correct me if i am wrong).  But I can't really use Transmenu either if the menus are all over the place. See attached example of the offset menus I get with Transmenu. The submenu in the image is for the "Candidates" menu item and it appears way down by the "Meet Us" menu item.
Try playing with the TransMenu module parameters (Modules -> Site Modules -> JA TransMenu).

jimpa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jimpa » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:15 pm

They don't seem to have the right affect.  I am looking at the styles in the CSS, but it is slow and arduous.

Thanks though.

Return to “Modules”