When I click on mainmenu inside menumanager Fatal error xml_domit_lite_parser.ph

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

When I click on mainmenu inside menumanager Fatal error xml_domit_lite_parser.ph

Post by schipperijn » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:01 pm

Hello,

I have a website of a old client where all looks working ok, frontend and administrator. Topmenu, usermenu can be ediited at the menu manager inside the administrator.

When I want to edit the mainmenu after 1 year a fatal error apear. I have looked for 2 day in the forum and removed some components like BSQ statics.  Deleted the tabels inside the database with info from that components.
I have had content with the server provider to give more cache inside the database (32MB).

What is happening is the following:
when I follow the link http://www.trouweninnederland.nl/admini ... e=mainmenu
by clicking on the mainmenu inside the menu manager I get the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 90 bytes) in /home/trouwen/UI4ME3UQ/htdocs/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 914

My system is as follow:
Linux fusion.bpweb.net 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 6 06:28:26 CDT 2006 x86_64 
Database Version:  4.1.20 
PHP Version:  4.4.2 
Web Server:  Apache/1.3.37 Ben-SSL/1.57 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 PHP/4.4.2 PHP/5.1.6 mod_jk/1.2.18 
WebServer to PHP interface:  apache 
Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.0.8 Stable [ Sunshade ] 26-Feb-2006 05:00 UTC 
User Agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) 
Relevant PHP Settings:  Safe Mode:  OFF 
Open basedir:  none 
Display Errors:  ON 
Short Open Tags:  ON 
File Uploads:  ON 
Magic Quotes:  ON 
Register Globals:  ON 
Output Buffering:  OFF 
Session save path:  /tmp 
Session auto start:  0 
XML enabled:  Yes 
Zlib enabled:  Yes 
Disabled Functions:  dl,exec,passthru,proc_open,proc_close,shell_exec,system,popen,pclose 
WYSIWYG Editor:  No WYSIWYG Editor 

Does somebody understand this? Is it because of the old joomla version, is it the old PHP version or is 32MB cache very low

thanks for reading hope you can help! :)
Last edited by Robin on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: When I click on mainmenu inside menumanager Fatal error xml_domit_lite_parse

Post by schipperijn » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:13 pm

The owner of the website has done bad management of the website. All folders inside de media manager are like "pictures trouwen" and not "pictures_trouwen" and with pictures like "pictures trouwen.jpg" in place of "pictures_trouwen.jpg".

Is it not that not using maps and pictures in a good whay makes the system instabel? The system needs to ad code like % and so on to replace the spaties.

Is that 32Mb cache of database realy so low? The limit the server provider added on the database? Has anybody done some reseach what is normal Mb cache space on a database for a normal website with about 300 content items?

Could it be the chat function what is placed bad inside the site? I do not think so...the fatal error is only when I click on the link mainmenu inside the menumanager. The server provider told me it could have to do something with the whay Joomla 1.08 handels XML

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: When I click on mainmenu inside menumanager Fatal error xml_domit_lite_parse

Post by Robin » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi,

If you do a search on this error you will find that for some people this was solved by giving php more memory. For example:

Problem; http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,6724.0.html
Solution; http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg295091

Regards Robin

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by schipperijn » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:26 pm

Thanks Robin,

I will read those forums

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by schipperijn » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Ok when I put the folowing code, thanks Robink and DeanMarshall, the mainmenu manager is working again...but fore how long?

The code is:

php_value memory_limit 35M

Put the line inside the .htaccess

For me it was needed to put 35M and not like 15M. I think this depends on how much is exhausted from how much.

Why is the mainmenu manager taking 33Mb of cache? Is that not a bit much? For 42 menu items, some top and most of them submenu

I know that the server provider would not be happy with this. He did give me 32Mb. I pushed it to 35Mb with that line of code. But when if next week its needed to have 40Mb and so on. Just for opening a bigger menu inside the menu manager.

Will it help to upgrade this site to joomla 1.011, to take less. I also read you need to clean the database. So I will do this and see if that would help. I will dig a bit more in to this (for so far I can with my knowledge about MSQL and PHP)

Thanks a lot Robin!

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Robin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 am

the mainmenu manager is working again...but fore how long?
It should remain working now, I have not seen posts where people had to up there memory for a second time, so I should not worry too much about that.

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: When I click on mainmenu inside menumanager Fatal error xml_domit_lite_parser.ph

Post by schipperijn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:30 am

OK, thanks Robink.

Still I would like to know why 33 Mb is used. It looks much for a mainmenu manager. How can I find what is asking that 33Mb. Do you have a tip. Insdie Phpadmin?

Would it be lower if the client is upgrading to Joomla 1.011 and so also all components that need a upgrade than?

Many thanks,
Bert

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: When I click on mainmenu inside menumanager Fatal error xml_domit_lite_parser.ph

Post by schipperijn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:45 pm

When I put the site on maximal error reporting I see something else (now the mainmenu is working again)...also a differents between menu's that already did work and are smaller and the minmenu that uses 33Mb:

This line will apear above the mainmenu items inside the mainmenu manager:

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/trouwen/UI4ME3UQ/groningen/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 928

That line is not just 100 times there ...its there about 3000 times this line (counted it with dreamweaver...no joke).

In the other menu's like topmenu with less menu items I will see this line like 100 times.

I read in a other forum topic that this line is no problem and for devolepers, but 3000 times...would this not be an attack on server health?

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by schipperijn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:32 pm

At a other website, with Joomla 1.011 http://www.coconutshosting.nl I do have the same. So an upgrade will not help I think. If it's needed to help  :D

There I have the same line in mainmenu:
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/schipperijn/0TB3J3H5/htdocs/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 916

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/schipperijn/0TB3J3H5/htdocs/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 928

But not 3000 times...Also about 300 times.
Here the menu is also small, only 5 menu items inside mainmenu. All top menu's.

Inside Top menu I have 1500 times this line and that with 23 menu items (top and submenu items).

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Robin » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi,

We actually had a similar report on this issue on the Q&T forum. Turns out to be a problem with that domit file. There seems to be a condition where it gets into a loop and causes a memory leak as they call this. This won't be fixed in 1.0.12, it will remain as a known issue.

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by schipperijn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks Robink,

Is it possible to fix this by editing that file? I will like to put an expert on this. Fixing this will help a lot users. Less cache using, les problems with databases with a cache limit.

Whats the name of that file?

Many thanks!

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Robin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what the exact file is, also not sure if you will be able to fix this.

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by schipperijn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:10 am

Thanks Robink for that info. What I would like to know is if it's importend to call that function. Could it be the counting of content at the mainmenu?

Is this not looping inside Joomla 1.5?

The thing is that I have a rule that no statics components and others that use to much cache of database are alowed to be installed. Now it looks like the part that gives this problem with cache is the menu manager itself. Only on larger sites but still small ones. If I have this problem I'm sure a lot Joomla users will have this.

I know you and the team are doing a great job and am sure you are verry buzzy. Would be great if I knew where to look for.

Thanks  :-[

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by schipperijn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:34 am

Ok, now I do understand it a bit more. I find your post inside http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,83314.0.html

So that means, if I'm not wrong, Joomla 1.5 uses a different file or code than Joomla 1.011 (and 1.012 later) (at the domit) when editing the main menu. That loop what will leak cache will be prevented. (sorry for bad English).

Best would be than to test if the same will happen in Joomla 1.5 and if possible upgrade to 1.5 when thid is not beta anymore.
I will go to the Dutch Joomla day's to learn more about the step to Joomla 1.5

Thanks Robink!

xainoo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xainoo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:33 pm

first, thanks for replying to my post in the other topic
and don't worry, certainly I'm staying on Joomla :P  I love it  :-*
second this is... you're really going to be shocked that I'm not using more than I need << I think
see the error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/xainoo.com/httpdocs/new/modules/mod_cblogin.php on line 264
notice that I tried to allocate much less!!!
any help with that?!
good luck with your hosting! I couldn't understand it I think it was in German? << obviously
(I try to distinguish German by seeing the letter (n) in the end of the words, is this right?)
alright mate, thanks a lot!

xainoo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xainoo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:20 pm

btw, I didn't get this error except in community builder, I tried to cancel some of the plugins and it worked but i want to add more, any thing to do other than the ways you said?
^^^^
forget it,community builder is innocent it appeared that one plugin I was using took sooooo much memory, can you still find us a solutioon
Last edited by xainoo on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terryrw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by terryrw » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 pm

I posted a topice asking for help.

Help

When I login to the backend and go to the Menu Manager I am having a problem. When trying to edit the MainMenu I click the MainMenu Icon and get an error message

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 87 bytes) in /home/huntingh/public_html/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 913"

I've don multiple searches and haven't found a solution to my problem.

Here are my configuration setting.
PHP built On:  Linux box366.bluehost.com 2.6.22-9_1.BHsmp #1 SMP Fri Sep 28 23:36:16 MDT 2007 x86_64
Database Version:  5.0.37-standard-log
PHP Version:  5.2.5
Web Server:  Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
WebServer to PHP interface:  cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] 21 July 2007 16:00 UTC
User Agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; EMC IS 55; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

I tried all the recommendations in this thread and when I add the memory line to the .htaccess file my website becomes unavailable, so I have to remove it. I have been fighting for a couple days to fix this and can't find a way around the problem.

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Robin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi,

You added exactly this line of code?

Code: Select all

php_value memory_limit 16M

terryrw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by terryrw » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Yep, when I did it my entire site became unavailable

Here is the .htaccess file.  I added the code to the bottom of it and when I tried to view my website I got an error page.

# Use PHP5 as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
##
# @version $Id: htaccess.txt 5975 2006-12-11 01:26:33Z robs $
# @package Joomla
# @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
# @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
# Joomla! is Free Software
##

#####################################################
#  READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE
#
# The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems
# with some server configurations.  It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in
# your .htaccess file.  If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's.  If they work,
# it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here.
#
# Only use one of the two SEF sections that follow.  Lines that can be uncommented
# (and thus used) have only one #.  Lines with two #'s should not be uncommented
# In the section that you don't use, all lines should start with #
#
# For Standard SEF, use the standard SEF section.  You can comment out
# all of the RewriteCond lines and reduce your server's load if you
# don't have directories in your root named 'component' or 'content'
#
# If you are using a 3rd Party SEF or the Core SEF solution
# uncomment all of the lines in the '3rd Party or Core SEF' section
#

#####  SOLVING PROBLEMS WITH COMPONENT URL's that don't work #####
# SPECIAL NOTE FOR SMF USERS WHEN SMF IS INTEGRATED AND BRIDGED
# OR ANY SITUATION WHERE A COMPONENT's URL's AREN't WORKING
#
# In both the 'Standard SEF', and '3rd Party or Core SEF' sections the line:
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
# May need to be uncommented.  If you are running your Joomla!/Mambo from
# a subdirectory the name of the subdirectory will need to be inserted into this
# line.  For example, if your Joomla!/Mambo is in a subdirectory called '/test/',
# change this:
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
# to this:
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/test/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
#

##  Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options +FollowSymLinks

#
#  mod_rewrite in use

RewriteEngine On

#  Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
#  is not directly related to physical file paths.
#  Update Your Joomla!/MamboDirectory (just / for root)

# RewriteBase /

########## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section
############# Use this section if using ONLY Joomla! core SEF
## ALL (RewriteCond) lines in this section are only required if you actually
## have directories named 'content' or 'component' on your server
## If you do not have directories with these names, comment them out.
#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule ^(content/|component/) index.php
#
########## End - Joomla! core SEF Section

########## Begin - 3rd Party SEF Section
############# Use this section if you are using a 3rd party (Non Joomla! core) SEF extension - e.g. OpenSEF, 404_SEF, 404SEFx, SEF Advance, etc
#
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteRule (.*) index.php
#
########## End - 3rd Party SEF Section

########## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits
## If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below
## This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla!
#
# Block out any script trying to set a mosConfig value through the URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to base64_encode crap to send via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode.*\(.*\) [OR]
# Block out any script that includes a tag in URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\|%3E) [NC,OR]
# Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
# Send all blocked request to homepage with 403 Forbidden error!
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L]
#
########## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploitsRewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^huntinghole.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.huntinghole.com$
RewriteRule ^forums/?$ http://forums.huntinghole.com/forum [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^huntinghole.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.huntinghole.com$
RewriteRule ^hole$ http://forums.huntinghole.com/forum [R=301,L]
Last edited by terryrw on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terryrw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by terryrw » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:56 pm

My .htaccess file is in my public_html folder. I noticed there was another .htaccess file in root, however it is blank.

schipperijn
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by schipperijn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Could be a few things.

1st... I have solved this problem to not use to many blog categorien. If possible I make content item link inside menu and from there links to more. Much less memory is than used.

Than... check your .htaccess if you may use this on the server.
Can you use that function to use more memory for that root inside the .htaccess file

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”